Dodgy Pubs!!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby slow fade » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:03 pm

Jupiter-Returns wrote:Bairds *phew* plus a few more down the eastend. The Argosy on PRW used to be a tad strange; a right few strangers in there.

Only been in Bairds a couple of times but found it ok.Was served a pint by Bertie Auld which was cool but generally found it to be full of harmless and legless dafties.Dunno what it would be like after a Celtic home game tho.

Last time i was in we went in for a couple after a gig at the Barras and thought it would be great to wait for the crowds to die down and phone a taxi ... Private taxi firm told me they dont pick up from Bairds though as theres too much trouble there and if we wanted lifted they would pick us up at Glasgow cross. I politely declined their f****ng offer and walked out flagging down a black hack
slow fade
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 am

escotregen wrote:Couple of nights ago I had the misfortune to have to be in the Horseshoe...
God! the ground floor gents toilet has got to be one of the worst stinking holes in Glasgow just now 8O

The rancid aroma of ammonia was all but stinging the eyes. A swaying guy further down the trough said 'This f****** stinks like s****'. I thought that was a nice wee turn of Glawegian irony - smelling of s*** in a toilet ::):

You wanty try a pint and a piss in buchanan's, mate.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby marginalwalker » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:52 pm

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
marginalwalker
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:58 pm

marginalwalker wrote:HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Yes, clearly.

WTF!!!???
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Hauzen » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:55 pm

I've just read through all eleven pages of this thread and I'm saddened to say that I've never been in any of the 'dodgy' pubs menioned... I haven't lived.

Dodgiest place I've been in Glasgow was a pub on Great Western Road, possibly called "The Hub" (not far from where the Clydesdale Bank close to St. George's Cross subway station is/was). We were offered a shopping bag full of raw meat of questionable origin for a bargain price several times by a random punter, politely declined the offers (depreciating in price with each approach), finished up our pints and vacated the premises sharpish.
Hauzen
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby marginalwalker » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:08 pm

All Bar One and Babity Bowsers
marginalwalker
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby b7ryn » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:20 pm

Babity Bowsters is a really decent pub, with good food... last time I checked?
b7ryn
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:42 pm

Edwards on Renfield St is shit
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby MadMac » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:17 am

Interested to see mention of The Brandon in Motherwell, never used to be a place associated with "problems". Now The Eagle.....there's a different story!

Many years ago, the Sunday Mail had a feature called "Pub Spy" where their man would visit pubs and rate them. Worst place he ever went to was Dawson's in Craigneuk, to the point that when he went to the toilet, he tripped over something and found it to be a woman lying on the floor with a bottle of Eldorado. It's hard to argue with that rating.
MadMac
First Stripe
First Stripe

Dodgy Pubs

Postby mrbrain » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:10 pm

sHENANIGIN,S PLUSH NIGHT CLUB.TOWER BAR, HUDSON,S full off deadbeats guaranteed to make you mentally ill all in East Kilbride full of bonkers staff and deadbeat clientell....stupid people are dangerous people! avoid it .. not a nice place guaranteed to get into a fight either with bouncer,s or sad staff or punters, get the number 18 bus into glasgow or train do yourself a favour...
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Dodgy Pub

Postby monkeyiron » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:22 am

Is it dodgy as in potential violence or just a crap pub? If the latter then it has to be Oran Mor, one of the most overrated bars in Glasgow.

Having been in there a couple of times I now point blank refuse to cross it's threshold ever again.

The staff are incompetent, it's overpriced, poorly laid out but yet seems to have built a reputation as the West Ends premier venue?
Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!
monkeyiron
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: Dodgy Pub

Postby elgee » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:40 am

MONKEYIRON SAID "Is it dodgy as in potential violence or just a crap pub? If the latter then it has to be Oran Mor,

I would also say the former, have you seen how many bouncers are on the door ? They certainly seem to be expecting some sort of "BOVVER"
elgee
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

dodgy pubs

Postby mrbrain » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:13 pm

Ok . centrepoint,east kilbride shenanigins,plush nightclub,crystals,the tower bar,all East kilbride town centre numerous assualts by secuity staff in also these bars and clubs make the wicker man the movie like a saint guaranteed to leave you mentaly scarred for life you will be depressed if you last the evening....oh and its not a rant its just real life facts..
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

El paso....Barlanark

Postby alibali b » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:06 pm

Hello troops! I remember going to see Glasgow band Scheme in this pub in Barlanark....had a good night untill I decided to go for a pish.......while standing over the urinal,getting rid of some Tennants lager,I became aware of a guy to the left of me looking at me........Ilooked at him and he says's to me"what the fuck are you looking at?when am finished this pish am gonna fucking rip you tae fuck!" Needless to say I did't hang about....with piss running down my troosers I made a sharp exit,and run like fuck up Hallhill Rd......I don,t stay in Barlanark now!......oh happy days!
alibali b
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

above post...El paso

Postby theplumber » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Just in case of confusion...I posted the above post.....did'nt know the wife was still logged in!
Last edited by theplumber on Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
theplumber
First Stripe
First Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants