Good Restaurants

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby LostSoul » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:08 pm

The Carbeth Inn is sh*t h*t for food and it's got a lovely atmosphere too. Very busy at the weekend, so best to visit during the week.
FIR F**K'S SAKE....S E A R C H
LostSoul
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby MadameZiggy » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:00 am

Just read that Gwendle recommends the Poa San up in sunny Haghill.

Is this for real?

It's just that having lived in Dennistoun all my life (poor thing that I am,although I'm moving next week!) I've never felt brave enough or inclined enough to go in.If I want to go out for a meal it's usually a special occassion & the Poa San in Haghill just doesn't quite tickle my fancy! :D
MadameZiggy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby gwendle » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:19 pm

MadameZiggy wrote:Just read that Gwendle recommends the Poa San up in sunny Haghill.

Is this for real?

It's just that having lived in Dennistoun all my life (poor thing that I am,although I'm moving next week!) I've never felt brave enough or inclined enough to go in.If I want to go out for a meal it's usually a special occassion & the Poa San in Haghill just doesn't quite tickle my fancy! :D

Fair do's
It was my local chinese for years so I must be a bit biased. Nothing wrong with it, it's just in a crap bit. Dennistoun is not a bad place you know (I'm allowed to say that :wink: )
All the best with the move. :D
gwendle
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:47 pm

Went to the Ole tapas bar last night in Shawlands. Might be good if you have a table, but tapas at the bar with a sour faced server isnt good.

No tip for them!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:53 am

Moaning restaurant critic again. Went to Ivory in Camphill Ave last night for an impulse decision meal. Certainly won't be going there on impulse again! Lovely food but suffered being in the vicinity of a leaving do for St Barts Primary School. (Screetching middle aged ladies isnt a good thing in my book). After they left the restaurant breathed a sigh of relief until a hen party came in! We soon made our excuses and left.

It was a pity really as the food was very nice. I'd recommend it for the food but I'd book first asking if there were any group bookings in ::):
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:08 am

You went out for a meal on the last day of term. Are you mad?

Did they all ask for individual bills?

More madness tonightas the techie and admin staff head out.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:14 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote:Did they all ask for individual bills?

No but they did refer to each other as Mrs... and Mrs.... so teacherish
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Cazzie » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:44 pm

Had a lovely meal last night at Urban Grill in Shawlands... food was excellent and although full of "beautiful people", it had a really nice atmosphere. House white was very nice too...
"Look, we can't fall into old patterns.
We have to think of a plan!"
- Lisa Simpson
Cazzie
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:22 pm

Cazzie wrote:Had a lovely meal last night at Urban Grill in Shawlands... food was excellent and although full of "beautiful people", it had a really nice atmosphere. House white was very nice too...

quite fancied going in there, but thought it looked expensive. Might give it a try now.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jack » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:00 am

I went to the Urban Grill, in Shawlands last week....it was good but not brillant, nice atmosphere, good decor and friendly staff.

I am a Gambrino pizzeria fan [Great Western Road - near kelvinbridge] great food, good prices, really friendly staff.....they do great garlic bread pizza...mmm
jack
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

restaurants

Postby Jess » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:28 pm

Would recommend anyone to try the new Italian & Spanish restaurant called "Unico" on Paisley Rd. West at junction of Berryknowes Rd, in cardonald. Really fantastic value with their pretheatre menu 5.30-7pm or their a la carte menu. Try the Spanish beer too!
Jess
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby gwendle » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:41 pm

Cazzie wrote:Had a lovely meal last night at Urban Grill in Shawlands... food was excellent and although full of "beautiful people", it had a really nice atmosphere. House white was very nice too...

Used to work in there when it was the Village for a wee while. It has kind of put me off going in but I have heard it is good.
gwendle
First Stripe
First Stripe

On the Never Ending Sushi Hunt in the Big G

Postby poisondove » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:36 pm

Just wondering, ( I have seen mention of Oko in the past), if anyone knows of any other sushi places in Glasgow that aren't likely to knock me dead? Or might even be really good/ not crazy expensive/ or also have all-you-can-stuff-in-your-face deals like Oko?

I did notice the other day that the sushi phenomena that sweeps California (where I am from originally) is sneaking over, as Home Wok on Byres & some Koren place on Argyle st. have included sushi on their menu. I am tempted to try Home Wok (b/c for once the prices don't make me wince too much) but am not sure if I will live to regret it 8O

...anyway, I am hoping that I can tap into the greater knowledge & perhaps indulge in feeding my addiction for dead fish and rice. :D
poisondove
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby cumbo » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:07 pm

OKO now closed :cry:
best sushi in Glasgow is from MacCallums fishmongers Holdsworth Street
on a saturday only.If your not fast your last.best I have tasted outside Japan.
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 pm

The Central Cafe on the Saltmarket.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants