Moral Dilemma

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Moral Dilemma

Postby pamd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:44 am

OK folks, advice please.

My other half is well into his cameras and photography. He is very talented, I'll post some of his images soon.

Last week he ordered himself a Sigma EF 500 Super DG TT-L (flash unit). Well it arrived yesterday, along with 2 boxes full of lenses and various other expensive pieces of kit (that he didn't order). We've totted it all up and it not a kick in the arse off £8ks worth of stuff.

Now, husband didn't sign for this stuff, 14 year old son did. Also, there is no delivery note for the additional items, just for his flash unit. His name and address are on the extra boxes.

Conscience dictates that it will all go back - however, what would you do?
pamd
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:50 am

Keep it safe, & unused, for a few months, and see what happens :wink:

If it does go back, make sure you get an itemised receipt.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:45 am

glasgowken wrote:Keep it safe, & unused, for a few months, and see what happens :wink:

lucky k'hant ::):

aye - what GK said sounds the best option

F
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Re: Moral Dilemma

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:12 am

pamd wrote:OK folks, advice please.

My other half is well into his cameras and photography. He is very talented, I'll post some of his images soon.

Last week he ordered himself a Sigma EF 500 Super DG TT-L (flash unit). Well it arrived yesterday, along with 2 boxes full of lenses and various other expensive pieces of kit (that he didn't order). We've totted it all up and it not a kick in the arse off £8ks worth of stuff.

Now, husband didn't sign for this stuff, 14 year old son did. Also, there is no delivery note for the additional items, just for his flash unit. His name and address are on the extra boxes.

What everyone has said + keep a close eye on the credit card statement.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:20 am

Ah that old classic! Check his back pocket for the real receipt!

Seriously, the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971 says that if you tell the supplier then they have 1 month to collect the goods. Otherwise you need do nothing and the stuff becomes yours if they fail to collect in 6 months time.

The law dictates they cannot demand payment unless you are refusing to allow them to collect. If 6 months passes then tough on them.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:49 am

glasgowken wrote:

And make sure you get a full refund ::):

There wasn't a Canon EOS 1DS Mk2 in amongst all that gear? I'll give you half retail price cash!! ... In 6 months of course and I promise not to tell a soul :wink:
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pamd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:34 pm

Schiehallion wrote:Ah that old classic! Check his back pocket for the real receipt!

Seriously, the Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971 says that if you tell the supplier then they have 1 month to collect the goods. Otherwise you need do nothing and the stuff becomes yours if they fail to collect in 6 months time.

The law dictates they cannot demand payment unless you are refusing to allow them to collect. If 6 months passes then tough on them.

Very interesting! I think this may be the way we will go. Thanks for that.

Incidentally the shopping list you can pick from includes:

10 – Sigma Tele& Standard zoom sets (18-50mm F3.5-5.6 & 55-200mm F4-5.6) for canon

12 – Sigma18-200mm F3.5-6.3 (6 for Nikon & 6 for Canon)

2 – 30mm F1.4 lens
pamd
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby macca734 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:48 pm

pamd wrote:
Schiehallion wrote:Ah that old classic! Check his back pocket for the real receipt!

10 – Sigma Tele& Standard zoom sets (18-50mm F3.5-5.6 & 55-200mm F4-5.6) for canon

2 – 30mm F1.4 lens

Put me down for one of the 18-200mm or the 55-200mm for Canons. Paypal? Cheque? Hard Cash? Cost? What you cant sell here, either sell to Jessops or get it on Ebay.

:)

Wullie.
Sui Generis
macca734
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:52 pm

pamd wrote:

2 – 30mm F1.4 lens

one of each please pamd :wink:

in six months of course

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:32 pm

Schiehallion wrote:

Ah that old classic! Check his back pocket for the real receipt!

Write the letter. Keep a copy on your hard drive. Print the letter. Print an envelope.

Shred both.

Buy (only) a book of stamps by debit card the same day.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pamd » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:24 am

Update.....

They're collecting the kit tomorrow - gutted :(
pamd
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby AlanM » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:27 pm

Did you contact them or did they contact you?
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pamd » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:36 pm

We left them a voicemail message on Saturday and they contacted us today. They don't know what items have been delivered though! Kev quite fancies one of the lenses (I've said no, of course :wink: )
pamd
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Photography