Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:35 pm

Yeah Mags, folk just can't get enough of it ::): :wink:

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby GiantSpaceApe » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:58 pm

Evening all. I've been lurking about this site for a while but only recently got round to registering. I've got bugger all in the way of connections to Glasgow, but find the site a great wee resource all the same.
The conscientious arsonist doesn't just set the building on fire, first he fills the fire extinguishers with petrol
GiantSpaceApe
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:05 pm

GiantSpaceApe wrote:.......................... I've got bugger all in the way of connections to Glasgow, ..............

Welcome GSA to HG :)
^ As for your statement don’t worry we've hunners like that on HG

Fossil ::):
Fossil
-
-

Hello, new here.

Postby macca734 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Hello there everyone.

My name is Wullie and I'm 27 from Glasgow but now live and work in the North of England as an engineer. Hailing from Garthamlock, then Royston, then Balornock, then Springburn I've been witnessing urban decay all of my life. The only problem is, I've fallen completely into near obsession about it.

The thing with me is stories, watching, learning. For example, who used to work in that old abandoned car dealership just south of Tradeston? What time did they start work, what time did they realise that they might well be closing the doors on the place forever? Did they move on, where did they go. I think everyone here feels the same pull when they look at the half demolished shell of a building or pass it by and realise its become derelict.

I've been on Mr. Zuteks site and spent nearly a weekend there, my favourites being Craigiesomething school, the Strathclyde HQ and the Lorne Hotel. On this site I loved the Graving Docks article and the underground railway stuff. It really fired my imagination and made be feel less like some sad freak who wanted to go off exploring abandoned tower blocks and embarking on hopeless quests to find out where a gouge in a stairwell came from.

Anyway, hello!!!

:)
macca734
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:37 pm

welcome toHG macca734
:wink:

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Hello from Riot Grrl

Postby riot grrl » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:11 pm

I live in London, but born in Glasgow, grew up on Linthaugh Road, Pollok.

I saw a guy on telly who grew up in a place that looked very much like the Pollok where I grew up, he was talking about the flat roofs and the portholes. These were 1940s/50s housing scheme tenements.

I'm trying to restore some old photos of Linthaugh Road and Lyoncross Road but the quality of the photographs aren't that great to begin with.

I really liked the water tower project. I remember the one off Kempsthorn Crescent, near my old primary school. The other one in Pollok too - I never knew those woods were called 'Crookston Wood'.

I also liked the photos taken from the top of Crookston Castle. I used to be terrified of going near that place. All the kids used to say that it was haunted, and being kids, we all really believed it too.

Good site, a really interesting find.
riot grrl
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Ronnie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:08 pm

welcome, riot grrl. hope you find lots to see and reply to on the site.
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby LJM » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:17 pm

Been visiting this site on and off for a year or so and thought it was high time that I registered. I have spent many hours browsing around the site and I look forward to many, many more.

Bit about me - Lived in Glasgow all of my life except for four years in Dundee. Born and bred in Drumchapel, moved to Anniesland as a teenager and now live in the Southside.
LJM
LJM
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Ronnie » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:30 pm

Hi LJM. You wouldn't happen to know anything about the New Howff cemetery in Dundee, would you?
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby LJM » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:30 pm

Sorry Ronnie, I don't know anything about the New Howff other than the site was cleared to build the new Constitution Road and part of the uni is now situated there.
LJM
LJM
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Ronnie » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:14 pm

Thanks, LJM.
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gunderson » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:24 pm

Hi,
registered a while ago and been an avid follower of this site for a year or so, but have never actually got around to posting.
I live in the southside & work in the city centre, I love the whats on threads - always sure to find things here that your not going to see in The List, Times etc.
Hopefuly now that I've started I'll be posting some more.
gunderson
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fossil » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:39 pm

welcome to HG gunderson 8)

F
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Dynamo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:44 am

Hi, My name's Dave, I'm 22 and I live in Madrid.

Born and raised in Ibrox (Broomloan road High flats - Soon to come down I believe) Also lived in Cardonald for a few years, and various other places around Ibrox.

Found this site a while back but only just got round to registering. Probably because I miss Glasgow, and it seems to have changed every time I come back.
Dynamo
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)