Derelict House, Ibrox

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby tommytank » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:32 pm

thats a real shame
No matter what the turn em into, i think i'd rather have lived in the old victorian villa...
tommytank
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:41 pm

ive heard rumours that asda has bought the land dunno what for tho.........it looks as if the units on helen st at the other end of that block of land are derelict with exeption of the police garages and i wouldnt be surprised if the jarvie plant hire place dissapears soon. Anyone have any idea what is being built on the corner of helen st and sheildhall road ? the smaller unit looks like a drive through the big un has what looks like 3 doorways on it. maybe a showroom or store of sorts?
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:51 pm

If I remember, I'll check whats being built at the corner of Helen Street tonight... I have ways and means ;)
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:58 pm

apparently the smaller drive thru shaped building is to be a new kfc still none the wiser on the big un ,but apparently b&q are opening a range of mini warehouses and part of the requirements of a location is to be near a food store and the framework shape is similar with the open section at the rear right corner for possibly a garden centre or trade centre
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:15 pm

crazygray23 wrote:apparently the smaller drive thru shaped building is to be a new kfc still none the wiser on the big un ,but apparently b&q are opening a range of mini warehouses and part of the requirements of a location is to be near a food store and the framework shape is similar with the open section at the rear right corner for possibly a garden centre or trade centre

I doubt that B&Q would build next to an ASDA/Walmart.... different companies. B&Q was Kingfisher.... probably still is. Asda would rather expand to a size where they do everything like B&Q
End up with a building containing its own weather system

Went by those gone houses just a while back.... thats one hefty fence they've put up
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:28 pm

The builders are the Kier Group and I have checked through their website but nothing is mentioned about this project.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:31 pm

I'm off work sick tonight, so very unwilling to make the phone call to find out

Keir Scotland or Kier Group?

One builds houses and is based in Merlin House

The other build commercial type buildings... (removes comment about the monday morning brickwork)
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:04 pm

I went through both the Kier Scotland and Kier Group PLC websites and couldn't find anything relating to a project on Helen St or anywhere in the Govan area.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Socceroo » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:13 pm

McShad wrote:Keir Scotland or Kier Group?

One builds houses and is based in Merlin House

The other build commercial type buildings...

Kier Scotland is part of the Kier Group. Kier Homes is part of Kier Residential which is also under the same huge group. I've never heard of Keir.
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Flyingscot » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:12 pm

Hmm, I passed a desk a while back which indicated a 'Helen Street retail project', retail units similar to Netherauldhouse etc. Perhaps this has been chosen as access? I can't remember much about the area but is it car parking behind it?
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby McShad » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:05 am

I have been given confirmation that the smaller building at the corner of Helen Street will be a 'Kant Find Chicken'

As for the rest.... ah dunno

Socceroo... you're probably right... I questioned it at first and told they were seperate and based in different offices.... chances are, some nugget just spelt it wrong. They still spell my contract wrong after 2 and half years
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:01 pm

McShad wrote:I have been given confirmation that the smaller building at the corner of Helen Street will be a 'Kant Find Chicken'

How nice for the McDonald's, just 50 yards or so down the road :)
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:11 pm

And a burger king
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Socceroo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:29 am

Timchilli, when you were taking photo's of the derelict houses at Craigton Road did you take any photo's in the back gardens?

I was driving past yesterday and i spied some remaining small structures grouped together and now visible against the back boundary fence of the property.

They might just be bin sheds etc but i think one of them might be an old surface Air Raid Shelter. I'll have a closer look the next time i am passing.
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:56 am

I've seen them too and it seems to me they're just the remains of sheds, but you're the expert so I await your verdict with interest.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)