Don't look if you're a girl...

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:49 pm

My Kitten wrote:Spiders arent scary, they are helpful little dudes.


This is a Camel Spider (or two)
Image

This is what happens when you annoy them.
Image
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby desto » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:51 pm

Holy hell! is that the aliens facehugger's stunt double!
User avatar
desto
First Stripe
First Stripe
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: Erskine

Postby Blueboy » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:24 pm

HollowHorn wrote:
My Kitten wrote:Spiders arent scary, they are helpful little dudes.


This is a Camel Spider (or two)
Image

This is what happens when you annoy them.
Image


Hmmm.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

Funny how we've all got a spider urban myth up our sleeves (checks up his sleeve for spiders). :D
Blueboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:31 pm

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:47 pm

Jings BB, you musta been popular at school. :P
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby Schiehallion » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:11 pm

Spider discussions always end up like the Monty Python "I grew up in a cardboard on a motorway" type of thing. It always ends up with a 2 foot bastard of a spider wearing tackety boots and a bunnet.

The other topic that always goes the same way is snow talk at work. Ooooh it's 6 inches out our way.....ooooh we've got 8 inches....oooh we couldn't get the car out. These conversations are always won by someone from East Kilbride where invariably the snow is at the upstairs window ledges.
User avatar
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:32 pm

Postby Fossil » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:31 pm

Schiehallion wrote:Spider discussions always end up like the Monty Python "I grew up in a cardboard on a motorway" type of thing. It always ends up with a 2 foot bastard of a spider wearing tackety boots and a bunnet.

The other topic that always goes the same way is snow talk at work. Ooooh it's 6 inches out our way.....ooooh we've got 8 inches....oooh we couldn't get the car out. These conversations are always won by someone from East Kilbride where invariably the snow is at the upstairs window ledges.



Can you start a new thread for this fab idea Schiehallion ::): You choose the first subject

Fossil
User avatar
Fossil
-
-
 
Posts: 12310
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:07 am
Location: Pitt Street

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:39 pm

Schiehallion wrote:..oooh we couldn't get the car out. These conversations are always won by someone from East Kilbride where invariably the snow is at the upstairs window ledges.

Shirley Neilston would whup East Kilbride in the depth of Snow stakes? Image
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby AlanM » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:54 pm

HollowHorn wrote:
Schiehallion wrote:..oooh we couldn't get the car out. These conversations are always won by someone from East Kilbride where invariably the snow is at the upstairs window ledges.

Shirley Neilston would whup East Kilbride in the depth of Snow stakes? Image


who is Shirley Neilston? :wink:
User avatar
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1827
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:59 am
Location: Knightswood

Postby Alycidon » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:31 pm

East Kilbride! They don't know their living! Try Eaglesham when the snow is around, they sent Scott and his team here for training before they went to South Pole.
User avatar
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:11 am
Location: Eaglesham

Postby Schiehallion » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:48 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Shirley Neilston would whup East Kilbride in the depth of Snow stakes? Image


Well, funny you should say that! I was going to say in my original post that having been brought up in Neilston, I have always known how misguided those East Kilbride fools are. I can't tell them that because they'll listen to no-one when talking snow.

But you are right - in a good winter Neilston could host the winter olympics. Except the competitors' cars would be broken into.
User avatar
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:32 pm

Postby Vladimir » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:43 pm

Yep, I remember Neilston, spent my first 13 years there. Its higher than most places, more snow, true :?
User avatar
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1830
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 9:40 am
Location: Confédération Générale du Travail

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:45 pm

Schiehallion wrote:Except the competitors' cars would be broken into.

That would be down to the Baurheid boays, shirley?
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Postby Blueboy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:27 am

Lots of Nulson folk on here.
I grew up there amongst the 15 foot snow drifts and giant dug eating spiders. Was thinking about starting a thread about all the (quickly vanishing) industrial archeology up there?
Blueboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 554
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:31 pm

Postby ladylabobo » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:54 pm

well i live in queens park and never get any snow so there!

i dont have a fear of large spiders, its the teeny tiny ones that can crawl into your orifices and lay their eggs there that freak me out.

Do you think spiders enjoy winter snow sports?

Do they have discussions about whose web is most laden with snow?
User avatar
ladylabobo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:52 pm
Location: sooside

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:30 pm

ladylabobo wrote:Do they have discussions about whose web is most laden with snow?

Do you mean on the WWW? Image
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests