Rotundas?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby AMcD » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:14 am

Excellent!

Good article as well. So it's not as flooded as they made it out to be!

Here's the pictures extracted from the PD-File :wink:
Photos: Sika Ltd, Mackenzie Construction
Allan
AMcD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:31 am

Interesting article.

HG gets a mention as well 8)
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:44 am

Fascinating to see recent pictures of the tunnel. The last time I was down there was about 27 years ago when you could still get access via the north Rotunda. The stairs going down were really slippery and the wooden walkway [since removed according to the article] felt at times as if it was about to give way beneath my feet, although that was no doubt just my imagination. What an eerie place! It gave me the creeps, but I suppose that was part of the experience. I also remember being told once or twice that prostitutes used the tunnel to get across the river so that they could service seamen on ships berthed at the General Terminus, but that may have been just an apocryphal story.
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am

hi i just want 2 say that the rumour that the pedestrian tunnel being filled with concrete is not true as myself and two freinds hace been in it in 2003 it is in very bad condition the wooden boards and the big metal stairs are coverd in grime wich is extremly slippy we made our way in from the south and as soon as u enter the smell overwhelms u its like sticking ur head in a basket of dirty socks any way as u make ur way down the stairs no matter how much of a hardman u r u will be scared u can hear rats scuttling away and the iron handrail on the stair is rotted and so are the stairs as you step on them bits crumble off and when u get to the bottem and shine ur torch down the tunnel u cant see the end it seems to go on forever there are tiles on the floor that must hve fallen of the walls and the tiles on the walls are mostly caked in a green goo that has been seeping through the walls and the big pipe is rusty and crumbeling there all this makes the tunnel extremly frightening along with the dripping noises and rats but i pushed my fear to the back of my mind and made my way into the tunnel my pals were crappin it to come with me but i persuaded them to follow and when i reached the north end its well boarded up and i was extremly surprised to see there was recent graffiti on boards so being young i added one myself so if you have got the bottle to go in get to the other side and tell me what i wrote its in red spray paint be carfull and tuck yer trousers in so the rats dont run up ur legs. mystery person from anniesland

So - mystery submission person - you are saying this was a DIFFERENT tunnel to the one shown above in this thread?
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

This evening

Postby drcrippen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:07 pm

Good evening all.

This last set of posts about the rotunda's inspired myself and Timchilli. So this evening we decided to undertake a little adventure :wink:

Photo's will be coming soon - once he's loaded them onto PC. Hope you all enjoy.

Jimmock
drcrippen
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Sharon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:26 pm

Hurry Up!!! 8O
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Coming!

Postby drcrippen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:34 pm

Hehe, we got a bit dirty during our exploration (no, not in that way!) and so have required to go home for showers and grub and I think Timchilli went to change his favourite jumper that he ripped.

Jimmock
drcrippen
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

And..

Postby drcrippen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:36 pm

Oh, and there might be a small mpeg if the camera worked ok, but that might have to wait to be posted.

Jimmock
drcrippen
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Sharon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:45 pm

are you saying what i THINK you are saying???
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sharon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:46 pm

not about dirty expolrations... but... HURRY UP!!!!
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi

Postby drcrippen » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:02 pm

I suspect we're going to disappoint you today Sharon. Dirty because the area around it is a building site. :(

Jimmock
drcrippen
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Timchilli » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:45 pm

Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:54 pm

ahhhhhhhhh lovely...must go check it out too :)
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Postby JayKay » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:15 am

drcrippen wrote:I suspect we're going to disappoint you today Sharon. Dirty because the area around it is a building site. :(

Jimmock

That's the new STV building that's being built there.
*value of posts can go down as well as up.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Timchilli » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:43 pm

Vladimir wrote:Is it STV or BBC and does anybody know what will happen to the old BBC centre :?:

It's the new BBC building and it's shaping up to be as horrendous as its surrounding "architecture".

I'll post the video clip once I find somewhere capable of storing a 3.3MB video file.

It was no mean feat getting in there (allegedly).

Tim.
Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects