'Style Mile' Monstrosity

Postby Doorstop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 am

I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: 'Style Mile' Monstrosity

Postby RapidAssistant » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Looks like it's built on Dixon Street on the site of the old Riverside Club?

Would be fun if they had ceildhs up there.....
RapidAssistant
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:59 pm

From the illustration, it looks totally out of proportion to the adjoining buildings. You wonder why GCC Planning would pass it, at all.
There seems to be an addiction amongst designers for these glass and metal monstrosities.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 pm

RDR wrote:From the illustration, it looks totally out of proportion to the adjoining buildings. You wonder why GCC Planning would pass it, at all.
There seems to be an addiction amongst designers for these glass and metal monstrosities.

Something to do with fat brown envelopes perchance? 8O

/whistles innocently .. .. ..
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 pm

Mmmm I wonder if they still use brown envelopes or do they create a company, who creates another company, who creates another company offshore in some far flung destination and then pays money in via BACS which goes to a holding company on behalf of another 'charitable' organisation who then loans back to the originator...just saying like ::): ::):
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:Mmmm I wonder if they still use brown envelopes or do they create a company, who creates another company, who creates another company offshore in some far flung destination and then pays money in via BACS which goes to a holding company on behalf of another 'charitable' organisation who then loans back to the originator...just saying like ::): ::):

Almost certainly is something like that; kind of lacks the . . . oh, I don't know . . romance? of a brown envelope?!?! :?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Boxer6 wrote:
Delmont St Xavier wrote:Mmmm I wonder if they still use brown envelopes or do they create a company, who creates another company, who creates another company offshore in some far flung destination and then pays money in via BACS which goes to a holding company on behalf of another 'charitable' organisation who then loans back to the originator...just saying like ::): ::):

Almost certainly is something like that; kind of lacks the . . . oh, I don't know . . romance? of a brown envelope?!?! :?

Either that or the planners need to go and get their eyes tested....
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development