Glasgow Murder Mysteries

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Glasgow Murder Mysteries

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Well done, you pesky HG kids have proved me wrong again. You're due a pint the next time somebody lets on there's a HG night out pending.
This offer is not available on Fridays.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinny the Mackem » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:17 pm

:D

Just have to make the next night oot a Saturday then!

Horrible thing is about that story is that it's worse than I recalled!

Mine's a nice real ale, by the way! ::):
Vinny the Mackem
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby something else » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:31 pm

Vinny the Mackem wrote:Got something on the children being thrown from a window. Hope this works. Anyway, it was 28 March 1961 in Toryglen Street.

Herald front page
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=GGgVawPscysC&dat=19610328&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

and a more recent article in the Evening Times
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=U9pAAAAAIBAJ&sjid=x6YMAAAAIBAJ&pg=4337,3524101&dq=evening+times+march+1961&hl=en

Cheers for this vinny!

Found this on the other one

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl ... d-1.590723
something else
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Glasgowlad » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Sorry to drag an old thread back up but does anyone/can anyone shed some light on the (murder)assault case of Mary Jane McGhee in Glasgow I say murder/assault as he admitted assaulting her and she chocked on her own blood so resulting in her dieing but he got charged with assault he murdered her between may 1st and may25th 1988

Link 1 I have found on it http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 08,2755029

Link2 I have found http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 89,1120801

Thanks j
Glasgowlad
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 pm

There's some stuff from Hansard at

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/lord ... e-sentence

where Trimble's conviction and sentence are discussed.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Glasgowlad » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:01 am

The Egg Man wrote:There's some stuff from Hansard at

http://hansard.millbanksystems.com/lord ... e-sentence

where Trimble's conviction and sentence are discussed.

Thanks egg Trimble is my biological father he is also a heavy drug user and alcoholic a friend of his told me about my sister Mary Jane before I knew about it then he was drunk and out his face on drugs told me he killed her by battering her fcuking w@nker then tried to stab me my mum Mary McGhee told me after that he had been charged with assault and not murder I then also found out he raped her resulting in me this was before may 1988 my mum was so scared of him my aunt his sister also told me what he is like he also raped her his own sister and he is walking the streets I found the posts in the links I left but thanks egg man for the other link you provided things are now starting to add up thanks again
Glasgowlad
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby pamd » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:54 pm

For no particular reason I decided to Google Andrea Hedger again this evening. Imagine my suprised when a load of newspaper archives popped up giving all the details of the murder at that time. Massively interesting stuff to read as an adult - having gone through it so personally as a child. Of particular interest were the judges comments about the treatment Robert could expect to receive in prison (basically saying that given his disgusting crimes, he would deserve anything that he happened to him). Calls were made to have the judge discplined because of his 'gut reaction' comments.

Was surprised to read that before Andrea was murdered a number of children had been sexually assaulted in the preceding weeks.

Interesting stuff if you have a spare hour.

*edited - click 'news' and 'archives' to pick up these articles
My treasures do not ching together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night - Bedouin proverb
pamd
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby InkMan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 pm

I've recently been looking at both the Evening Times and (as it was then named) Glasgow Herald archives from around when I was born in November 1973. There appears to have been a murder of a seven year old boy at the end of October 1973 which led to a seventeen year old male youth being charged with murder. Looking and searching as well as I can I can't seem to obtain any information further to the second court appearance of the accused. I'm not usually interested in such matters as they have such a personal affect on those involved but it being around the time I was born it has caught my attention.

As the poor kid that was murdered would now be a couple of years from hitting fifty I am not sure to name him as there may be family members who are members of this forum. Similarly there was a murder involving the death of a suspected peadophile in the Aberdeen area where the victim had the same unusually spelled surname - though not first name - as the accused in the case I read about. Furthermore he was the same age s the guy would have been.

The point of my long winded post is that is it a good idea to post the details and see if someone can help? If not then I will delete this.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby K9_Mac » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 am

Another one that sticks in the mind was in Castlemilk in the early 90's of the wee girl who was sent to a neighbours house with a teddybear full of heroin (unknown to the girl), she was obviously bein watched and was murdered and the drugs stolen.

The "drug courier/teddy bear" was just the rumour-mill stories attached to true crime of Christine Lee's murder in 1990. I was living in Castlemilk then and was quite affected by the case. I can't find any info online but I believe the murderer was a 19 year old with learning difficulties (John Dowling) and that she had been raped (possibly sodomised too). I often think of her and have thought about going the library to research the case as my parents (I assume trying to protect me from gory details???) wouldn't allow me to read the paper or ask an questions about it. I often wonder if her murderer is now free?

Does anyone have any info on another child murder in Castlemilk. I believe it was in 1967 and was a little 8 year old girl found strangled in a close. Possibly named Catherine Larkin. It was well before I was born but I vaguely remember it being mentioned at the time of Christine's murder.

I hadn't heard of Andrea's murder before but I will have a read about it, Isn't it both incredible and very sad how the victims are forgotten and that all the hysteria around paedophiles prevents us being able to better protect today's children :(
K9_Mac
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby K9_Mac » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:29 am

This article confirms the rape & sodomy & killer of Christine Lee....just found it http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl ... r-1.574929
K9_Mac
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Wadeaa » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 am

Just saw this old post from 2006. Can clarify tervet was not any kind of relation to Andrea Hedger and never returned to Scotland. He was released from Prison around 1998 and is now deceased.
Wadeaa
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re:Andrea

Postby shadow » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:25 am

Hi Greywolf,

Brand new to this posting-on-forums stuff, so please bear with me. My lovely Dad had a stroke Easter Monday April 1978. On hearing the news, my aunt (his sister) who had spent the weekend with us immediately turned around and travelled back up from Wales to be with Mum and me in Glasgow. The newspapers were full of the story about the wee girl who had gone missing, and my aunt avidly read each report. My Dad was in hospital for 10 days and for the last few, all we could think about was him, and all we were able to talk about was Andrea. My Dad died on my 22nd Birthday on 8th April. He had a huge turnout at his funeral which is always a comfort for the relatives, but at the cemetery my aunt suddenly, but sadly smiled. "Look" she said. "Andrea's buried right next to him, Marshall will look after her now." And so he does. Every time I visit my Dad's grave, I always say a wee prayer for Andrea as well, and ensure her's is nice and tidy too. I miss my Dad every single day, as I'm sure you miss Andrea too, but be assured I will never forget her either. X

I am Andrea's eldest brother, it was not only the school, the neighborhood and the surrounding areas, that was interviewed, but also, us, Andrea's family, and our house was searched many time, but these are things that have to be done, as distressing as it is to the victims family, but the one thing I do have to say, I never really got the chance to thank everyone, personally for their support and also to the police and other services, for all their dedication and hard work in catching my sisters killer. especially the Detective Superintendent in charge of the case, who refused to leave, even though his own mother was very seriously ill, until the killer was caught.

Even to this day, it is very painful, it is true what they say, the victim of a crime is not only the person that is the victim, the families of those victims also suffer greatly, that pain and suffering never truly leaves them, mainly because of a sense of guilt, I suppose you could call it, always thinking, what if I did this, what i did that, always blaming yourself for not doing something different, that could have possibly prevented a tragedy as this. These are things we have to live with for the rest of our lives, we can all say with hindsight, what if, I got out of bed that morning and walk her to school, my father is the same, saying why did he not run her to school, while he waited for me.

What you say about pedophiles, is correct, it is not the internet that has created them, they have always been, it is only that the internet makes it easier for them to be active and to spread their sick pictures, stories and to groom unsuspecting victims, also the increase in availability of the internet and media news reporting has made the news of pedophiles and their crimes, all the more in our face, but in reality this a problem that is as old as mankind, and sadly I cannot see it ending anytime soon, all we can do is try and educate not only our children but also the adults as well. If this and other stories here helps just save one child, then maybe the guilt I wrongly feel, about the loss of my sister, will ease just a little.[/quote]
shadow
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects