Whit's fur tea?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Whit's fur tea?

Postby dimairt » Fri May 13, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm making bread today and will use the left-over dough for a four-seasons pizza.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby motman » Sat May 14, 2016 8:15 am

Off on hols tomorrow, so tea will be the contents of the freezer - pumpkin soup and mince with added frozen peas.
motman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby dimairt » Wed May 25, 2016 6:12 pm

Tesco have huge Hake fillets for about a fiver just now. You can get four or five portions out of each piece: toss in seasoned flour, fry skin-side down in butter, squeeze lemon juice over them and serve with potatoes and spinach or cous-sous or salad or.....

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 pm

dimairt wrote:Tesco have huge Hake fillets for about a fiver just now. You can get four or five portions out of each piece: toss in seasoned flour, fry skin-side down in butter, squeeze lemon juice over them and serve with potatoes and spinach or cous-sous or salad or.....

Durachdan,

Eddy

Have to say I've never been keen on fresh fish from a supermarket of any sort as there have been several stories of how fresh it isn't.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Fri May 27, 2016 5:11 pm

RDR wrote:
dimairt wrote:Tesco have huge Hake fillets for about a fiver just now. You can get four or five portions out of each piece: toss in seasoned flour, fry skin-side down in butter, squeeze lemon juice over them and serve with potatoes and spinach or cous-sous or salad or.....

Durachdan,

Eddy

Have to say I've never been keen on fresh fish from a supermarket of any sort as there have been several stories of how fresh it isn't.

I know what you mean RDR, I usually buy from a fishmongerthough my nearest one closed recently. I think that Tesco and Morrison's have improved greatly in recent years though with dedicated staff on the fish counters and a range of fish beyond cod and haddock.
As it happens , I'm having tuna fillet tonight from Tesco.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Mon May 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Left-over Moroccan lemon chicken with a potato salad and loads of cold wine. The chicken dish is a great favourite of my weans and it's so easy to make.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Tue May 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Sounds lovely.
I'm back - yet again at Slimming World so if your Moroccan chicken which sounds tasty, can be tweaked to reduce fat then I'd like to try it.
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Bridie wrote:Sounds lovely.
I'm back - yet again at Slimming World so if your Moroccan chicken which sounds tasty, can be tweaked to reduce fat then I'd like to try it.

It is lovely Bridie On holiday just now, will post recipe soon. It does have butter in it but it's not crucial so could be left out.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:17 am

dimairt wrote:
RDR wrote:

Durachdan,

Eddy

I know what you mean RDR, I usually buy from a fishmongerthough my nearest one closed recently. I think that Tesco and Morrison's have improved greatly in recent years though with dedicated staff on the fish counters and a range of fish beyond cod and haddock.
As it happens , I'm having tuna fillet tonight from Tesco.

Durachdan,

Eddy

Area I live in lacks a really decent fishmonger so I do tend to be left with whatever the supermarket wants to offer. I've even resorted to getting friends to bring stuff back with them if they are away for the day. Got some beautiful smokies from Arbroath that way.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:32 am

Bridie, here's the recipe for Moroccan Lemon Chicken. It's from Rick Stein's Mediterranean Adventures which was on years ago. Please let us know how you get on .

Durachdan,

Eddy

Ingredients: 1 chicken; 1 large onion, finely chopped;4 cloves of garlic;100 g butter; 1 tbsp of ginger; cinnamon stick; 1/2 tsp of turmeric; 1/2 tsp saffron; juice of 1 lemon; black olives; coriander and parsley
NB - skip the butter as discussed above and if you don't have black olives , use green ones. If you don't have saffron just use turmeric.Do get a good quality chicken though.

Put chicken in a large casserole dish or pot, this is cooked on top of the stove not in the oven.
Add onion , saffron, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, butter.
Pour in 700ml of water and simmer for 45 mns.
Remove chicken, cover.
Reduce stock by half.
Put chicken back in pot, add olives, lemon juice and cook for further 25 to 30 mns.
Add freshly chopped coriander and parsley.
Serve with rice, cous-cous, roast vegetables or chips.
It's even better the following day as it reheats well and can be eaten cold.
Hope you enjoy it.
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MungoDundas » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Chi-chi cake for later sorted earlier.

Bakery 47 is closed today, but note it's "Bostck Wednesday" at All That Is Coffee !

https://twitter.com/bakery47

https://twitter.com/bostockbakery

https://twitter.com/allthatiscoffee
MungoDundas
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby dimairt » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Ribeye steak, green beans, mushrooms and onions.Lots of red wine.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:19 pm

That sounds braw, Dimairt

A bottle of Port and a Pot Noodle here ;)
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby octavia » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:27 am

the thursday food club ,shawlands style..large crumpets ,maybe from greggs, then covered ,with chicken strips fried in bhuna paste an a bit of curry sauce and a wee bit of lurpak.....and a cold probably carly.....well?
octavia
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby banjo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:04 am

well that's just put me off whatever I was going to have. 8O
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions