Not really interesting facts about yourself

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby dimairt » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:59 pm

RDR wrote:
banjo wrote:I had reason to be in the west end of Glasgow today buying some goat for the Saturday curry and managed to sup a couple of whiskies at 1 yes 1 pound per nip.ye cannae whack it. :D

Why am I not surprised you can buy goat in the west end :)

You can buy goat on the southside too; I live in Maryhill, you can buy goat here. I buy quails' eggs in Lidl - what's your point caller?

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maxruby » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:10 am

Back in the day my sister Jennifer, worked in Peckhams on Clarence Drive. Having served a young building worker with the site's lunch sandwiches, the lad asked,"Have ye goat soup?". Off she went and returned minutes later saying, "We have goats cheese and we have goats milk but no goat soup." " Naw. Hiv ye got hot soup?", says the rather bemused chap. " Yes. Tomato." replied my now blushing sister.
maxruby
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby pingu » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:56 am

reminds me of being in the theatre royal green room and an english actor asking the woman behind the counter.
"what kind of soup do you have?"
"potato and leek" came the reply

he said "oh ill have the leek then" ::):
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:11 pm

dimairt wrote:
RDR wrote:
banjo wrote:I had reason to be in the west end of Glasgow today buying some goat for the Saturday curry and managed to sup a couple of whiskies at 1 yes 1 pound per nip.ye cannae whack it. :D

You can buy goat on the southside too; I live in Maryhill, you can buy goat here. I buy quails' eggs in Lidl - what's your point caller?

Durachdan,

Eddy

eh....just that I didn't realise you could get goat that easily in Glasgow....or at least dead goat, I have seen plenty of live ones.
Quails eggs? What the heck do you do with them?
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:05 pm

RDR wrote:
dimairt wrote:
RDR wrote:

Durachdan,

Eddy

eh....just that I didn't realise you could get goat that easily in Glasgow....or at least dead goat, I have seen plenty of live ones.

Just kiddin' RDR. I'd eaten them in Melbourne and snapped them up when i saw them in Lidl. Try them lightly boiled and dipped in salt; in a salad nicoise or in little tarts with goat's cheese.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:31 pm

it was the very unlike west end priced whisky that threw me.the goat was quite expensive though and had more bone than I would have liked.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:22 pm

dimairt wrote:
RDR wrote:
dimairt wrote:
RDR wrote:

Durachdan,

Eddy

Just kiddin' RDR. I'd eaten them in Melbourne and snapped them up when i saw them in Lidl. Try them lightly boiled and dipped in salt; in a salad nicoise or in little tarts with goat's cheese.

Durachdan,

Eddy

I'll take your word for it Eddy. I hate peeling hard boiled hens eggs, so I would imagine peeling quails eggs is even worse, aren't they tiny?
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Down at Prestwick Airport this evening picking up my daughter and husband.
The place is like the Marie Celeste, no flights out on a Saturday and only one arrival.
Quite eerie.
Yet, I remember going there as a child and it being busy with transatlantic flights.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Sorry about the insomnia, don't know if this will be of any help
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... ghts-sleep
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:34 am

was in a pub last night in clydebank(the atlantis)at half past eight.one young barman messing around on his I phone,one young barmaid messing around with her happy meal and me the only customer.is staying in the new going out or what.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:30 pm

banjo wrote:was in a pub last night in clydebank(the atlantis)at half past eight.one young barman messing around on his I phone,one young barmaid messing around with her happy meal and me the only customer.is staying in the new going out or what.

Seems pub going is going out of fashion.
Used to be out regular Thursday and Saturday nights, in the pub, in my younger days.
Now, the last time I was in a pub was nearly 2 years ago, and it's now shut down.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:43 pm

bought some sugar puffs today450g.asda/Tesco price 2.80.............home bargain price 99p.back of the net. :D
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:08 am

off to beautiful bute for the weekend.keep it clean while I am gone. :roll:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:20 pm

I'm still suffering the effects of the (proper!) flu, some 4 weeks down the road. Getting f-ing old now, to be honest. :(
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Boxer6 wrote:I'm still suffering the effects of the (proper!) flu, some 4 weeks down the road. Getting f-ing old now, to be honest. :(

Seems to be a lot of rather nasty viruses about at the moment. My daughter's sister in law was pole axed by one and ended up in the Southern for five nights....not a pleasant experience (nor was her wait on arrival by ambulance for 5 hours to be seen by a medic...)
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions