Buses Today

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Buses Today

Postby Fat Cat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:32 pm

And the cheeky fuckers are on Twitter giving away tickets for M&Ds. Just run a proper bus service. Twats
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby SomeRandomBint » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:03 pm

Fat Cat wrote:that was bound to happen when half of its route turned into a 38B. it the old excuse of "no one is using it". no wonder when bus services are cut to the bone. people are bound to find alternatives.

I knew that was coming. Used to run from Easterhouse to Drumchapel. Then they cut the route in half after 7pm to run from Easterhouse to Bath Street, and then Bath Street to Drumchapel (and of course, the second leg of the journey left five minutes before the first half was due to arrive at the last stop). Then they added the Easterhouse-City Centre leg to the horror show that is the Number 38 B/C/D/E (which means anyone going further east than Ally Parade has to wait half an hour between buses which have stickers on the front proclaiming the service runs every 10 minutes).

To go from Charing Cross to Carntyne, I now have to walk to the Odeon to get a bus, instead of round the corner. And after 7pm, the 38B only goes as far as Argyle Street. It's almost as if they're trying to con more money out of people by making them take two different buses on the same route...
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby sandabound » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:40 pm

SomeRandomBint wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:that was bound to happen when half of its route turned into a 38B. it the old excuse of "no one is using it". no wonder when bus services are cut to the bone. people are bound to find alternatives.

I knew that was coming. Used to run from Easterhouse to Drumchapel. Then they cut the route in half after 7pm to run from Easterhouse to Bath Street, and then Bath Street to Drumchapel (and of course, the second leg of the journey left five minutes before the first half was due to arrive at the last stop). Then they added the Easterhouse-City Centre leg to the horror show that is the Number 38 B/C/D/E (which means anyone going further east than Ally Parade has to wait half an hour between buses which have stickers on the front proclaiming the service runs every 10 minutes).

To go from Charing Cross to Carntyne, I now have to walk to the Odeon to get a bus, instead of round the corner. And after 7pm, the 38B only goes as far as Argyle Street. It's almost as if they're trying to con more money out of people by making them take two different buses on the same route...

The chuff chuff goes from Charing X to Carntyne, mind you the stations a wee bit out of the way
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Carntyne station is actually in Shettleston.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:06 pm

[quote="Fat Cat"]Carntyne station is actually in Shettleston.[/quot

Exactly good old BR, don't put the station near the place it's intended for like Ryanair flights, Easterhouse Stn was a nightmare to get to/from no buses passed it either so it was a long walk.
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby the researcher » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:40 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:Image

penguinmonkey wrote:How exactly do you manage to forget you are driving a big fuck off bus??

Maybe it didn't happen like that...

The sign on the bridge says "3.8m" which is clearly lower than the top of the bus.

The driver ducks, but the bus doesn't take the hint. :)

this has happened numerous times over the years at a railway bridge in kirkcaldy also large lorries have got stuck as well rumour has it that the men were scratching their heads trying to figure out how to release the lorry and a small boy walking past said "let some air out of the tyres" whether this story is true or not i cant say for certain
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby sandabound » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:54 pm

the researcher wrote:
BrigitDoon wrote:Image

penguinmonkey wrote:How exactly do you manage to forget you are driving a big fuck off bus??

Maybe it didn't happen like that...

The sign on the bridge says "3.8m" which is clearly lower than the top of the bus.

The driver ducks, but the bus doesn't take the hint. :)

this has happened numerous times over the years at a railway bridge in kirkcaldy also large lorries have got stuck as well rumour has it that the men were scratching their heads trying to figure out how to release the lorry and a small boy walking past said "let some air out of the tyres" whether this story is true or not i cant say for certain

The bridge in this photo gets hit at least twice a month, there's a higher bridge where the camera is in this photo, the serious ones come straight through a set of lights at speed see the first bridge but not the low one, once seen a Big green parcel machine delv lorry, body with ripped roof one side of the bridge, but the cab made it through, as for the wee boys suggestion to take air out the tyres HGV drivers have been doing this for many years, so must have happened a long time ago :D
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Happens with Chalmers Street and Kilbowie Road too, been a few strikes on Kilbowie Road
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby SomeRandomBint » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:47 pm

Fat Cat wrote:Carntyne station is actually in Shettleston.

True story. I think it's because Carntyne the village used to be nearer Shettleston, but what used to be called High Carntyne is now where the centre of the area is. I've got to get to and from the church halls at Carntyne Square so I can't always be arsed walking up the hill from the station, and I'm not usually through until gone 9pm so standing around on my own at an unmanned station away from anywhere kind of freaks me out. At least at the Square I can stand outside the old folks home.
"-What was all that then? - What? - THAT. - That was Glasgow"
SomeRandomBint
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)