Whit's fur tea?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Whit's fur tea?

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Currywurst! (Of a sort, anyway.)
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Dot » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:49 pm

Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:49 am

Sorta-kinda. Mine was a bit of a mess, but at least I had yer actual German curry gewürz ketchup.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Josef » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:02 pm

If you fancy any genuine German-type stuff that you can't already get from Lidl (gawd bless 'em), I have a contact heading over there for the weekend....
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Do you think I would fit in the suitcase?

About the only thing unavailable here seems to be the sauce, it seems. I cherish my bottle of the stuff. Saddo that I am.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Dot » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 pm

I think you can get that ketchup on Amazon though not sure if it is same variety you have.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Made Coley Korma tonight, got the fillet at Morrison's at the Barras. It's a great store-cupboard dish, cheap too - the fillet cost under two pounds, giving me dinner tonight and a wee bit for lunch tomorrow.
Serve it with any flat-bread and a salad. My mate Jamie will show you how to do it.

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPwSJpiEDVI
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Wed May 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Dinner tonight: Piedmontese Peppers (baked red peppers stuffed with tomatoes and garlic, served cold with anchovies; Lambs' liver on spicy Italian bread; cheddar with home-made pickle, oatcakes and apple. Total cost - about £2.50, not including wine. Including wine - more than £10!
Simon will show you how to make the peppers. It's easy: if you have the oven on for anything else, stick a few of these in too; they'll keep for a week in the fridge.

Durachdan,

Eddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia52HjV6-Y8
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Sun May 19, 2013 6:40 pm

My OH is out and due back around 8.30 so have made Beef Bourguignon.
It does smell pretty good and haven't made it before so if it all goes horribly wrong I'll blame the tousled haired Marco Pierre White.
So far so good and recipe wasn't as time consuming as I'd imagined.
If all goes to plan I might try it again.

Wasn't sure what type of wine to use so I bought a Shiraz though I've just read somewhere that Red Burgundy is probably the thing to go for.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dimairt » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:37 pm

Salmon fillets poached with fennel, red onion, runner beans and carrots. Sweat the veg in olive oil, add water - not stock - and a bouquet garni.Place the fillets in the pot, cover and turn heat off, leave for 10-15 minutes. Serve at room temperature, great on warm summer nights.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 pm

i thought we were all on hunger strike with frankie boyle.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BairnyBoy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:34 pm

I don't know how you fuck up spag bol out of a jar but I have somehow managed to.

I think I went wrong when I put chopped garlic on the spaghetti while it was in the pot. Enough to make your eyes water.

Also putting pepper into the sauce as I stirred it into the mince wasn't too clever either.

Shite.
"He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger." - Confucius
BairnyBoy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Josef » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:12 pm

BairnyBoy wrote:I don't know how you fuck up spag bol out of a jar but I have somehow managed to.

I think I went wrong when I put chopped garlic on the spaghetti while it was in the pot. Enough to make your eyes water.

Also putting pepper into the sauce as I stirred it into the mince wasn't too clever either.

Shite.

My brother once had a job which involved, basically, sitting in a van with half a dozen other blokes all day waiting to be called into action.

One of the other blokes had recently been divorced and was having to learn to cook for the first time in his life. He decided to try spaghetti bolognese, but not having a clue what a clove of garlic was, used three bulbs rather than three cloves. Apparently it was a rather distracting day in the van.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:47 pm

pork casserole with a cream and mustard sauce.washed down with the worst rose wine i have ever tasted.since you are not asking.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Gerry B » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:52 pm

Cook From Frozen Mussels In A Wine Sauce (Hopefully Not That Rose Wine What Banjo Had)
Rope Grown Chilean Mussels. Was Going To Buy Cavier Tonight :o But Noticed These Badboys
In The Reductions Fifety P A Wack :D
The Last Time I looked In The Mirror! I Was Still There......
Gerry B
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions