Who ?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Who ?

Postby Mori » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Peter Capaldi another weegie to play the Doctor . :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Q-J_oz6Zo
Last edited by Mori on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ruchazie Rat » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Thank God! Not another stiff-necked english tosser. Or a theatre luvvie.
Ruchazie Rat
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby VGSmiles » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Not sure what to make of him as the Doctor. Still think all went slowly down the hill since Eccleston. But then, I'm terribly out of touch out here in the wilderness that's called Germany. What they call TV makes me want to run ma head into a wall.

My personal fav would have been Benedict Cumberbatch. But I'm a bit biased there I suppose :oops:
VGSmiles
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Who could blame you? No pun intended. I've been enjoying the sweary Capaldi clips all the same.

What's with the sudden outburst of 'luvvie' comments, by the way? It's so passé, darling!
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby pingu » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:52 am

trailers out already

NSFW

toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ruchazie Rat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:29 pm

Its_a_gamp wrote:I have a feeling that in these PC times, that the next doc will be either a black person or a female. I personally have nothing against black people or females (being one myself), but think it is an insult to either to be given a job because of what they are rather than who they are.

(PS, My granny lived in Ralston and considered it to be Paisley, and I thought David Tennant came from Bathgate, and that his parents moved to Paisley when he was older)

Correct. This PC apologism`s become entrenched in our culture and society over the last decade, thanks largely to Blockhead Blair. Too many people play "The Race Card" nowadays to get what they want, (house, job, loan), regardless of the fact they don`t deserve it. This "Positive Racial Discrimination" might carry the day by intimidating potential employers. But it will not carry these chancers` asses across the finishing line. But -- hold on -- there`s always the Employment Tribunal and another chance to pull THAT card out again!

Take note, the US version of this particular blend of greed mated with brazenly naked opportunism that emerged on the scene in the early 90`s, "Affirmative Action", did nothing for their economy whatsoever.

Deal with the problem. Not the symptom. That`s how you arrive at solutions.
Ruchazie Rat
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Ruchazie Rat » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:31 pm

VGSmiles wrote:Not sure what to make of him as the Doctor. Still think all went slowly down the hill since Eccleston. But then, I'm terribly out of touch out here in the wilderness that's called Germany. What they call TV makes me want to run ma head into a wall.

My personal fav would have been Benedict Cumberbatch. But I'm a bit biased there I suppose :oops:

I second that. Though maybe he`s too young just now. But 5 or 10 years down the line. Now that would be something to look forward too. 8) 8) 8)
Ruchazie Rat
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby VGSmiles » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Rat, you're my new best friend :D
VGSmiles
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dot » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:12 pm

New Doctor is to be played by actress Jodie Whittaker who appeared in 'Broadchurch'.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:02 am

Can't say as I'm familiar with her work. Prior to "Trust Me" (which is bloody good BTW), the only thing I'd seen her in was the two most recent "St. Trinians" films. And even then I couldn't tell you what part she played (the dippy school secretary, I think).

But I'm more concerned with this rumour that yer man Bradley Walsh has been tapped to play the new companion.
He can fuck right off.
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

I don't mind Bradley Walsh in 'The Chase' and 'Law and Order UK'.
I'm not so sure what he'd be like as new companion but then I don't watch 'Dr Who'.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

He was alright in "Law & Order UK".
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:23 pm

So David Tennant is to come back as 'Dr Who' but then Ncuti Gatwa takes over later on?
Not a programme I watch but do like most things David Tennant has appeared in and like his voice in the adverts he does.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:18 pm

Yeah, David Tennant is returning as the Doctor for three specials over the course of 2023.

The general consensus among fans (and this is all speculation at this point), is that they'll be broadcast over three consecutive nights in late November - Thursday the 23rd, Friday the 24th, and Saturday the 25th.

Personally, I'm more inclined to believe the BBC will space things out a bit - Easter Sunday, November 23rd (the 60th anniversary of the show), and Christmas Day.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions