Sharon

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Sharon

Postby HollowHorn » Thu May 02, 2013 7:15 pm

At the risk of being a wee sookie sookie, can I just say........................
You, like most of us, were a 'snapper' You saw something you liked, you pointed the lens & pressed the shutter.

I don't know if you have been taking lessons or if it is just the move to the country, but your photography has stepped up to a whole new level, it's become almost.....Art. Many of your photographs from over the last year or so could easily be printed up and sold to the general public. You really should look at placing your work in the local tourist outlets for starters.

Honestly, I am astounded how quickly & how deeply your 'eye' has developed.

Keep on keeping on.

HH.
Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Sharon

Postby dazza » Thu May 02, 2013 7:26 pm

HollowHorn wrote:Many of your photographs from over the last year or so could easily be printed up and sold to the general public. You really should look at placing your work in the local tourist outlets for starters.

I've been nagging her for ages to do this.
dazza
-
-

Postby Sharon » Thu May 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Awww thanks guys :)

It can take a bit of nagging before there's action... but about 2 or 3 weeks ago I sorted myself out with a website for my pictures http://hiddengalloway.com/ and there is a wee shop attached... AND 2 days ago I got my first request from someone wanting to buy a picture; he emailed today to tell me he couldn't decide on what size to go for so not a done deal yet :)

The name hidden galloway photography was an obvious choice, as galloway is where I am from, and the HG thing just feels comfortable!

And yes, i think it is the country air, I have found so much more head space to do things other than just exist, and my picture taking skills along with everything else have benefited. It's funny, I didn't think there was much difference between what I was doing 10 years ago and now until very recently. Still not sure I'm taking pictures that are very 'me' yet.... but I am having alot of fun with it all. :)

There are a few others on here that could use some nagging into action too!

mwah x
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby HollowHorn » Thu May 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Yes Bridie, you do.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Fri May 03, 2013 5:22 am

HH I am glad you picked that one; I am quite proud of that. :)
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Josef » Sun May 12, 2013 6:01 pm

HollowHorn wrote:[...] your photography has stepped up to a whole new level, it's become almost.....Art.[...]

I was talking about that on Friday night, as it happens.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photography