kirstymaclaren wrote:One of my friends said she saw a pretty bad fire in one of the wyndford high flats on Tuesday morning. I've looked online and can't find anything about this! Did anyone hear/see anything?
busdriver wrote:I live in one of these flats and out and about on Tuesday morning(9th), seen nothing of any fire bad or otherwise. Mind though there have been three in the past two years usually found to be caused by occupiers using free standing heaters coming into contact with flammables. These flats are very difficult to heat.
tobester wrote:busdriver wrote:I live in one of these flats and out and about on Tuesday morning(9th), seen nothing of any fire bad or otherwise. Mind though there have been three in the past two years usually found to be caused by occupiers using free standing heaters coming into contact with flammables. These flats are very difficult to heat.
I take that the flats are the same as the cube ones up in broomhill...the ones there have a storage heater in the hall and living room, and a 2bar heater in the living-room too....few years ago they installed a fan heater in the bathroom, but the bedrooms are unheated and have been since they were built, but thankfully the days of cube are coming to an end and gha may be taking over....so on a plus they flats may get proper heating, but on a minus theyll get run down and be looked after poorly
busdriver wrote:.............when we were met by fire fighter coming up who were able to reassure us that the fire though intense was already under control and it would be safer for us to stay where we were, all these guys were head to toe covered in blackened soot from the fire they had just been dealing with and perspiring heavily but still took the effort in their stride making sure everyone else in the building was ok and accounted for. I cant praise the proffesionalism enough of them and a brilliant job well done to the crews from Maryhill, Cowcaddens and Knightswood.
busdriver - only if you're comfortable with this suggestion - may I pass on your praise to the brigade, I'm certain the attending crews would very much appreciate it?
Every firefighter I know just gets on with their job, never anticipating a 'well done' from the public they serve, so spontaneous thanks like yours goes a long way to make up for the discomfort and effort they put into extinguishing fires like this.
tombro wrote:I hope those top two pictures are aberrations of camera usage and not building and/or construction issues !
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests