HG Poll

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

I don’t go to any HG do’s because….

Doesn’t everyone know each other?
34
22%
Are they not all old?
11
7%
Are they not all young?
8
5%
I don’t think I would fit in?
27
18%
Nothing HG does interests me.
8
5%
Im a shite bag really
66
43%
 
Total votes : 154

Re: HG Poll

Postby kirkyguy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:53 am

Cheers Fossil look forward to that.
I've not visited the site in awhile but the last couple of weeks i can't keep away from it , it's been catch up time for moi.
Past and present is even better than i remember, done it in one sitting with my wee lad fantastic.
kirkyguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:59 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby Avenger » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm

I went to my first HG event on Saturday to Falkirk. I can understand why people don't go, you have the impression that everyone knows everyone else and you'd be the outsider. It is daunting going up to a bunch of strangers, but I'm sure they could do something to stand out from the crowd, wear sunglasses, a colourful shirt (sorry foss) The truth is when you do pluck up the courage to join up you get a warm welcome and a really good day out, no rules, you don't need to take a certain number of photographs, I took three, all indoors and never to be published - I don't rate myself as a photographer, you don't need to be an expert on local history, I think Saturday was my first time in Falkirk. As a frequent visitor to the site you probably have a common interest with other posters. So there you have it - see you at the next event. :)
User avatar
Avenger
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby johnboy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Can we have another option ?

I'm new here and just finding my way about ?
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby HollowHorn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Avenger wrote:I went to my first HG event on Saturday to Falkirk. I can understand why people don't go, you have the impression that everyone knows everyone else and you'd be the outsider. It is daunting going up to a bunch of strangers, but I'm sure they could do something to stand out from the crowd, wear sunglasses, a colourful shirt (sorry foss) The truth is when you do pluck up the courage to join up you get a warm welcome and a really good day out, no rules, you don't need to take a certain number of photographs, I took three, all indoors and never to be published - I don't rate myself as a photographer, you don't need to be an expert on local history, I think Saturday was my first time in Falkirk. As a frequent visitor to the site you probably have a common interest with other posters. So there you have it - see you at the next event. :)


Exactly.
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8925
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Re: HG Poll

Postby Josef » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 pm

It's a point worth emphasising. Yes, most of the people that turn up at HG events do know each other. But that's because they've turned up at one before. Once you make your first appearance, you're in that category too.
User avatar
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8144
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby johnboy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:07 pm

johnboy wrote:Can we have another option ?

I'm new here and just finding my way about ?


And new people are just ignored ?
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:25 pm

johnboy wrote:
johnboy wrote:Can we have another option ?

I'm new here and just finding my way about ?


And new people are just ignored ?



If they're lucky.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
User avatar
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6255
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:54 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby HollowHorn » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:03 am

johnboy wrote:And new people are just ignored ?

Yes, but you are no longer new, you are 16 already.
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8925
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Re: HG Poll

Postby johnboy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:12 am

HollowHorn wrote:
johnboy wrote:And new people are just ignored ?

Yes, but you are no longer new, you are 16 already.


Too young to vote though....Just 17 now... ::): ::):
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby Avenger » Fri May 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Josef has just posted an item on What's On In Glasgow regarding the next HG drinks night, this is the chance for the lurkers or those who are a bit apprehensive about meeting a bunch of total strangers to bite the bullet and go. You never know ... you might enjoy it.
User avatar
Avenger
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby jodieohdoh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:04 am

I've just been reading through this thread & have been properly talked into it. I'm back in Glasgow from the 24th Feb til the 27th. Do you still have the monthly meet up the last friday of the month? The only thing is I've got tickets to see Ben Folds at the O2 academy for that Friday so it would either be a fleeting hello at the start, or hopefully catch up with yeez all afterwards :?
User avatar
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:30 am

Problem is, J, if you catch us early you will never recognise us later. ::):
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8925
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Re: HG Poll

Postby jodieohdoh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:48 am

HollowHorn wrote:Problem is, J, if you catch us early you will never recognise us later. ::):


Sounds like a perfect night out!

What time do you start & when do folk start to head to the chip shop?
User avatar
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:11 pm

Re: HG Poll

Postby motman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

I'd like to come along to one of these visits but being 400miles away its a bit of a commute. I'll keep an eye out for when you next have one in case I can fit it in to a visit to see my auntie in Garelochhead.
As an old member of a certain real ale organisation (sans beard and belly as usually stereotyped, but getting a bit thin on top) I am trying to visualise how I would recognise you all. Any tips?
motman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:49 am
Location: Ashford, the Garden (aye right) of England

Re: HG Poll

Postby jodieohdoh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:02 pm

motman wrote:I'd like to come along to one of these visits but being 400miles away its a bit of a commute. I'll keep an eye out for when you next have one in case I can fit it in to a visit to see my auntie in Garelochhead.
As an old member of a certain real ale organisation (sans beard and belly as usually stereotyped, but getting a bit thin on top) I am trying to visualise how I would recognise you all. Any tips?


I'm reliably informed that one of them has a heid like a cornflakes packet.
User avatar
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1046
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 20 guests