Taggart-Location images from the show

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Taggart-Location images from the show

Postby banjo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:04 pm

wee gee,in the book taggarts glasgow mark mcmanus tells a wee story about filming in the drum .no names no pack drill but i do think he was talking about you and your pals.i wont spoil it for you but i would suggest you get a copy.an uncle of mine was in it once,filmed in a scene shot in the grand ole oprey.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby WeeGee » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:30 pm

banjo wrote:wee gee,in the book taggarts glasgow mark mcmanus tells a wee story about filming in the drum .no names no pack drill but i do think he was talking about you and your pals.i wont spoil it for you but i would suggest you get a copy.an uncle of mine was in it once,filmed in a scene shot in the grand ole oprey.

excellent banjo thanks for the info!! must get myself a copy of that book!! Haha looking forward to reading what he had to say! my friend got a signed picture of mark mcmanus that she treasured for years!! :) :-D cheers :wink:
It's not how it looks....honest
WeeGee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby thegazman » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:48 pm

The Oxfam Charity/ book shop at Clarkston toll had a copy of this book a few weeks ago,If thats any help to you.
I've got a little black book with my poems in...
thegazman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby WeeGee » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:20 pm

thegazman wrote:The Oxfam Charity/ book shop at Clarkston toll had a copy of this book a few weeks ago,If thats any help to you.

brill!! thanks :-D
WeeGee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby dazza » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:26 pm

There is also a copy in Oxfam books, Byres Road.
dazza
-
-

Postby banjo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 pm

do let us know how you get on with this one wee gee.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby WeeGee » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:11 pm

will let you know how i get on :-) plan to go book hunting tomorrow! hope i manage to get it!!
WeeGee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby cmc89 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

WeeGee wrote:I was in an episode of Taggart once!! Not that you would notice me :) I was just one of the kids standing in a big crowd watching a youth club burn down!! They filmed it up in Drumchapel and it was round about 89/90 i think :-S I am sure it was Peter Mullan who ran out of the building shouting (sweary words :)) but cant be sure as it was a long time ago and I was only about 12/13!!! Anyone remember this episode at all?? (sorry dont have more details as I say it was a long time ago) I would love to watch it again just to catch a glimpse of myself ;-D ::):

WeeGee wrote:after a bit of an investigation online i found out the episode was called Dead Giveaway - oh and no sign of Peter Mullan in the cast lineup :) (all these years I was sure it was him!! haha) :? and the year was 1988 :D so i was only 11, younger than i thought too!!!!

The episode you were in was called Rogues Gallery, not Dead Giveaway. It was broadcasted on Hogmanay 1990 and you're spot on about the scene with Peter Mullan. :)
cmc89
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby WeeGee » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:16 pm

cmc89 wrote:
WeeGee wrote:I was in an episode of Taggart once!! Not that you would notice me :) I was just one of the kids standing in a big crowd watching a youth club burn down!! They filmed it up in Drumchapel and it was round about 89/90 i think :-S I am sure it was Peter Mullan who ran out of the building shouting (sweary words :)) but cant be sure as it was a long time ago and I was only about 12/13!!! Anyone remember this episode at all?? (sorry dont have more details as I say it was a long time ago) I would love to watch it again just to catch a glimpse of myself ;-D ::):

WeeGee wrote:after a bit of an investigation online i found out the episode was called Dead Giveaway - oh and no sign of Peter Mullan in the cast lineup :) (all these years I was sure it was him!! haha) :? and the year was 1988 :D so i was only 11, younger than i thought too!!!!

The episode you were in was called Rogues Gallery, not Dead Giveaway. It was broadcasted on Hogmanay 1990 and you're spot on about the scene with Peter Mullan. :)

thanks for the info!! as I said in my post I thought I was a bit older than eleven at the time - age 13 in 1990 and at secondary school that seems more right time -wise to me! will have to get my hands on a copy of it and I KNEW I was right about peter mullan too! :) cheers again ;-)
WeeGee
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby moonbeam » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:59 am

There was a Taggert episode in which they "converted" a shop at the top of Drumchapel shopping centre
into a chip shop. That bit has long since bit the dust!The very first Taggert had a car "found" parked up in Garscadden Woods. Watched Mark McManus film but did not really know who he was at the time. It would be 1983/84 I think.
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby brickwall » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:00 pm

They blew up a Jag in my mates driveway in Croftamie.
eh?
brickwall
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects