Ibroxholm Oval Demolition

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Ibroxholm Oval Demolition

Postby Olly » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Recently noticed that Ibroxholm oval is empty (no lights on, no cars parked).

Contacted GHA who confirmed that they are due to be demolished, but no date has yet been set.
Olly
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Ibroxholm Oval Demolition

Postby BrigitDoon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:15 pm

Jolly good :)
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 pm

the oval are another trio of block for the longreach muncher as the subway passes directly under them, found this out while trying to gleen info on the broomloan flat's, so no date has been set or contractor allocated.
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:50 pm

looks like the space left behind after the plean st pulldown could be turned into a grassy knowl with an anchor sculpture,who would have thought it.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby roy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 pm

oh there next for the chop :D
roy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:18 pm

roy wrote:oh there next for the chop :D

What Ibrox park?
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby thelonerover » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Looks like they're starting to strip these out soon, just noticed this evening that there's hoarding being built round the perimeter.
thelonerover
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby johnboy » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm off sick just now but i will try and get some info on this when I get back..
johnboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 pm

It's another nibble-down.

It's a year-long contract, so the latest end date will be next May. Asbestos stripping will follow the perimeter securing, so any time now.

They're issuing a regular newsletter to the local residents, depending on your definition of regular.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:25 pm

i had been meaning to post, is it tds that is doing the nibbledown as what looks like red perimeter fencing that was at sighthill is now round these flat,the glasgow subway runs right under these blocks!
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:45 am

Yes, it's TDS.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sunflower » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:49 am

maximusmop wrote:... the subway passes directly under them...

Errrrrrrrrrmmm - bit of a nitpick, but I don't think so - subway runs at an angle to PRdW at Cessnock, and Ibrox station is quite a bit north of the flats. So can a blowdown cause more problems for things underground than for things at the same distance above ground, or is there some other reason for the nibbledown?
Sunflower
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby thelonerover » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:44 am

Josef wrote:It's another nibble-down.

It's a year-long contract, so the latest end date will be next May. Asbestos stripping will follow the perimeter securing, so any time now.

They're issuing a regular newsletter to the local residents, depending on your definition of regular.

Good to know, thanks! Will need to figure out a vantage point for photos, thinking the park behind the climbing centre or the grass next to the billboard at PRW/Edmiston Drive might be a good bet to start off.

I guess it depends on your definition of local too, as I live about 300 yards away and, as always, HG is the first place I've heard anything about it. Admittedly it'll be a lot quieter here than it will be for folks on the likes of Whitefield Rd, can't say I'd be too keen on being that close to the action for almost a year.
thelonerover
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby gordonjcp » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:40 am

I used to work on the Govan Initiative microwave network, which had a bunch of stuff on the west block at Ibroxholm Oval and also the middle block in Kintra Street - now shorn of aerials I notice.

There was a block in Springburn that had been evacuated and "de-windowed" but still had a mobile phone cell site on top - this is because the rent for the cell site was more than the combined rent of all the flats...
gordonjcp
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby maximusmop » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:51 am

Sunflower wrote:
maximusmop wrote:... the subway passes directly under them...

Errrrrrrrrrmmm - bit of a nitpick, but I don't think so - subway runs at an angle to PRdW at Cessnock, and Ibrox station is quite a bit north of the flats. So can a blowdown cause more problems for things underground than for things at the same distance above ground, or is there some other reason for the nibbledown?

everyone i spoke to at the oval flats leading up to the nibbledown(concerge, at tds staff) all said the underground tunnels or one of the tunnels run close to the site, i also found out the order the blocks will go in the block on the right will go 1st, then the one on the left next, and the middle block last!
maximusmop
First Stripe
First Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Development