tommy sherridan

Postby north glasgow dave » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:46 am

is tommy sherridan innocent... 8O
north glasgow dave
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: tommy sherridan

Postby oddjobby » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:56 am

Nope! It's his poor wife I feel sorry for. Dragged through the media because of her husbands antics. She should rip his knackers off!
www.soulsearchers.org.uk
oddjobby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby robertpool » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:04 am

Are they not BOTH up for the same crime of perjury?
robertpool
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am

robertpool wrote:Are they not BOTH up for the same crime of perjury?

Yes, The indictment is HMA v Sheridan and Sheridan but that doesn't mean there'll be the same verdict on both.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:09 pm

north glasgow dave wrote:is tommy sherridan innocent... 8O

It seems to depend on which newspaper you read, or which TV news channel you watch. I can't imagine The Digger's crew being even handed.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:18 pm

I used to have a lot of respect for the man (as an orator more than his for realpolitik {a bit too left for my liking}) but given the recent scuttlebutt doing the rounds that he was offered a deal for his wife to slip the net if he gave up what's increasingly looking like a forlorn attempt at a defence, and subsequently knocked the offer back, I'm afraid my admiration for the bloke has taken a dent.

The bloke was lucky to get a favourable verdict first time round .. he really should have lost the attitude and copped a plea this time . .especially when the flood of evidence contrary to his defence began to breach the hull.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:38 pm

hungryjoe wrote:
north glasgow dave wrote:is tommy sherridan innocent... 8O

It seems to depend on which newspaper you read, or which TV news channel you watch. I can't imagine The Digger's crew being even handed.

Fortunately Tommy's innocence or guilt won't, or at least shouldn't, depend on the media.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:43 pm

Doorstop wrote:I used to have a lot of respect for the man (as an orator more than his for realpolitik {a bit too left for my liking}) but given the recent scuttlebutt doing the rounds that he was offered a deal for his wife to slip the net if he gave up what's increasingly looking like a forlorn attempt at a defence, and subsequently knocked the offer back, I'm afraid my admiration for the bloke has taken a dent.

The bloke was lucky to get a favourable verdict first time round .. he really should have lost the attitude and copped a plea this time . .especially when the flood of evidence contrary to his defence began to breach the hull.

He was indeed fortunate last time.

That said, a story about him refusing to cop a plea to save Gail sounds like the sort of story that's likely to have dribbled from the bowels of the News of the World. So far we're only part way through the Crown evidence and it's a bit too soon to be making judgements on the eventual outcome - though my money's on Not Proven :wink:
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fourbytwo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:00 pm

:D Opinions aside.....
I think it is creditable that HG has finally decided to open its posts for opinions, after all Ms Sheridan are our own 'Robin Hood' figures and there must be a vast sea of thought bubbling out there....!
Can i also say that, the other 2 main Glasgow Sites (who shall remain nameless), are still refusing to accept posts on the subject.....
So, even in local discussion forums, individual censorship reigns....
Congrats to HG for starting the ball rolling....!
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Vinny the Mackem » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:55 pm

Having had direct experience of the press in something I was involved in a number of years ago (not personally, I'm hasten to add, just working with the firm that dealt with the case) I have no time at all for the press.

My experience was that, despite being given "full access" to the solicitor to explan the legal position, and the family involved for the personal position, the paper who had the "exclusive" made an arse of it, getting it fundamentally wrong on very pertintent issues.

The rest of the printed media basically followed suit, and a week down the line, the story bore little resemblance to the facts. These were a mixture of tabloid and broadsheet papers. Whilst there is almost an expectation that the tabloids will get it wrong, it opened my eyes in respect of the so called respected newspapers.

I stopped reading newspapers after that. This was probably about 1996/97.

So, with all that in mind, I take all the reporting on TV and the gossip I hear, gleaned from the newspapers, with a fairly liberal pinch of salt.

I've not had the opportunity to sit through the evidence, so I can't really judge.

Crucually, however, TS has to attack the credibility and reliability of the witnesses and their evidence. I expect that he will be pushing the line of "if they can't be believed about "x" issue, how can you trust that "y" is true and can be relied upon."

I have a sneaky feeling a not proven is in the pipeline!
Vinny the Mackem
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby InkMan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:04 pm

oddjobby wrote:Nope! It's his poor wife I feel sorry for. Dragged through the media because of her husbands antics. She should rip his knackers off!

Wait a minute - Gail Sheridan is an articulate, smart, professional and educated person who is/was/will be again a positive role model for young people so the "poor wee Glaesgae wifey" argument is a non starter. I will not use the term feisty as, quite rightly, it can be perceived as sexist.

As for the knackers comment how quickly would I be, rightly, shot down here were I to make a suggestion to the effect that a man give his woman a slap if he found the she had been unfaithful?

The first verdict certainly begged the question, even at the time, whether a Glasgow jury found in favour of Tommy after considering all the evidence or if said jury chose to find against News International.

I would love to think that Tommy Sheridan is innocent and hope that, if he is, then the verdict goes in favour of both him and Gail. If they are innocent then justice must served upon all those who gave evidence against them and who are therefore part of a media led conspiracy. A verdict that way for the correct reasons would truly show the dreadful media manipulation of our society.

If however Tommy is guilty then she is just as culpable.

For what little it is worth I believe that if the trial concludes without either Tommy putting his hands up or Gail turning against him on the stand then the perjury charge will be found not guilty.

Yeah and well done (as ever to the Moderators) for allowing this discussion.

Shuggy
Last edited by InkMan on Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:57 pm

My only real experience of internet forums in on Mojo4music and it's bastard child (now outgrown the parent) Black Cat Bone. B.C.B. is not moderated at all and the mod on Mojo can't delete posts or ban people. Mojo is remarkably peaceful, I think only 3 people have been banned since I signed up 8 or 9 years ago, and 2 of them have been re-instated.
B.C.B. does have admins and it is privately owned. It's substantially less peaceful than Mojo, yet only a few have been banned, and one of that few has been re-instated.

I like it here, but I do think this board is far too heavily moderated - of the 5 or so which I frequent, it's the only board where I've had posts of mine removed.

Actually I think I'll start a thread.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:34 pm

InkMan wrote: ..............

The first verdict certainly begged the question, even at the time, whether a Glasgow jury found in favour of Tommy after considering all the evidence or if said jury chose to find against News International.

Shuggy

Wasn't the first case tried inthe Court of Session?
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Wasn't the first case tried inthe Court of Session?[/quote]

You are correct and I am a tit! I should have said Scottish jury. That is why you shouldn't rush when posting.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:22 pm

methinks that bastard verdict will rear its ugly head again.its someones word against another and as does happen in most court cases people on both sides will be economical with the truth.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions