Postby Doorstop » Mon May 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Clever girl .. how did you do thon?
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Night Togging

Postby minxy » Mon May 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Doorstop wrote:Clever girl .. how did you do thon?

1 DUPLICATE LAYER

2 FIND A NICE BIT OF THE BRICK TO PASTE OVER THE ORIGINAL NAME OF THE BRICK BY SELECTING IT - FEATHERING IT BY ABOUT SAY 7,AND COPY PASTE AND MOVE INTO POSITION, CHANGE THE BLEND MODE TO MAKE IT SEEM NATURAL.

3 DO A NEW LAYER FOR TEXT, CHOOSE SIZE, AND FONT THAT SUITS, TYPE THE TEXT AND MOVE TO POSITION. BRING OPACITY OF THAT LAYER DOWN AND USE A BLEND MODE IN THE LAYERS PALETTE TO MAKE IT MORE REALISTIC, MULTIPLY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
DOUBLE CLICK ON THE LAYER TO BRING UP MORE BLEND MODE OPTIONS AND USE THE INNER EMBOSS AND MAYBE THE INNER SHADOW TO MAKE THE TEXT LOOK INDENTED. JUST PLAY AND HAVE FUN.
That's it really :)
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby droschke7 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:43 pm

sounds like a great idea, still trying to work out how to use my camera at night. Is someone going to arange a meeting ? would be a great idea. I've heard that the "carpark in the sky" used to be a great place at night(it's apparently now full of junkies and pushers so being there in numbers would keep us safe) it looks over the Clyde and Paisley Airport and used to be a meeting place for CB Radio people.
droschke7
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby minxy » Mon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm

I think you are very limited to what you have to take pictures of up there, just one big expanse of darkness with a long line of city lights.
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby droschke7 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:25 pm

During the day it's supposed to be good though, not beem there yet so I can't say but as you say that is probably all you can see a line of lights :) or possibly a line of something else. probably better not to go there
droschke7
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue May 04, 2010 5:34 am

minxy wrote:

1 DUPLICATE LAYER

2 FIND A NICE BIT OF THE BRICK TO PASTE OVER THE ORIGINAL NAME OF THE BRICK BY SELECTING IT - FEATHERING IT BY ABOUT SAY 7,AND COPY PASTE AND MOVE INTO POSITION, CHANGE THE BLEND MODE TO MAKE IT SEEM NATURAL.

3 DO A NEW LAYER FOR TEXT, CHOOSE SIZE, AND FONT THAT SUITS, TYPE THE TEXT AND MOVE TO POSITION. BRING OPACITY OF THAT LAYER DOWN AND USE A BLEND MODE IN THE LAYERS PALETTE TO MAKE IT MORE REALISTIC, MULTIPLY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
DOUBLE CLICK ON THE LAYER TO BRING UP MORE BLEND MODE OPTIONS AND USE THE INNER EMBOSS AND MAYBE THE INNER SHADOW TO MAKE THE TEXT LOOK INDENTED. JUST PLAY AND HAVE FUN.

Thanks for that Minxster .. I shall give that a shot over the next wee while and should I get it to work I'll give you a squiz.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue May 04, 2010 7:06 am

minxy wrote:

1 DUPLICATE LAYER

That might as well have been in Sanskrit, frankly.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby minxy » Tue May 04, 2010 12:23 pm

::): I have to presume DS knows a bit about PS, otherwise I'd have to go through it properly and it would read so much more complicated. I could do a video, but canny be arsed, it's only a brick :D
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RutlandGizz » Tue May 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Hello all

anyone fancy a meet up tomorrow evening? Just back in Glasgow now after a 5am start and a day's work so a bit tired! Or Thursdays good if not city centre.

'Its only a brick' ROFL

Minxy no I'm not a professional photographer, I'm an engineer of the not-metalbashing variety (i.e. my day job is boooring!) but I do the occasional wedding and pretty well *always* have my camera with me.

So, whats the plan? :)
-= A picture is worth 0x3E8 words =-
My blog: http://brierleyturk.blogspot.com/
RutlandGizz
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Location: Glasgow Green (in the week), Peak District (weekends)

Postby Doorstop » Tue May 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Bit short notice RG .. give us a weeks notice to make a notch in the calendar and I'm sure we'll get a posse up.
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby TA_Ealing » Tue May 04, 2010 6:51 pm

aye a weeks notice would be good so I can make sure I am no working late or down in London
TA_Ealing
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

A week Today

Postby RutlandGizz » Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 pm

OK, sorry, you are right, its just i'm all on my ownsome so a bit of a free agent in the week :)

So, a week today, is a Tuesday, so that sounds like it will be quiet-ish out and about. I make that 11th May.

Any suggestions where?
RutlandGizz
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby My Kitten » Tue May 04, 2010 7:35 pm

I would be interested too, done a bit of night stuff in the past with the usual ned encounters.

What sort of stuff do you want to do? Lit up buildings? Long Exposures?
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RutlandGizz » Tue May 04, 2010 7:54 pm

I'm up for anything, photography wise. Long exposure is good. Buildings. River. Anything with lights or reflections or moving water or smoke basically.
Suggestions?
RutlandGizz
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

PreviousNext

Return to Meet-ups