What Camera have you got?

Talk about equipment such as cameras, accessories & storage, lighting and lenses

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: What Camera have you got?

Postby TA_Ealing » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:37 pm

Just got myself a Nikon D3000 with a 18-55 mm VR Lens Kit. I am a complete novice at photography, so going to an evening class at the Met College to learn properly
TA_Ealing
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Not too many Nikon users here, from what I can see!! I started over 35 years ago (I was a kid!!) with a Praktica, then moved on a few years later to my first Nikon - an EM - which I had to sell when particularly broke one year. Got another one a while later, which I used til the shutter mechanism completely seized up.

Bought a (Nikon) F65 then, which I used until I bought my first P-&-S Fuji A320. Moved on to a D50, then a D80 so I could use my 18-55 and 70-300 lenses without having to change (at things like horse shows, highland games etc, where I was shooting near and far shots within seconds of each other.)

So, now I have the D50 and D80 for general use F65 as a film" backup" and a wee Panasonic DMC-TZ4 as an everyday carry-about. Works a treat, and is the camera I've used for most of the shots I've posted here so far!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby TA_Ealing » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:26 pm

Turns out the adult education courses for Digital Photography are VERY popular!! Managed after a lot of searching to get into Strathclyde Uni's one in January.
TA_Ealing
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby skin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Sony Alpha 300 with 18-70 kit lens and a Tamron 10-24mm

also a Fuji S8100 with 18x optical zoom but is also excellent for close up macro pics

and oh my phone
skin
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Glesga_Steve » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:55 am

Apologies to all the 'serious' photographers among you but...

Just got myself a new phone - a Sony Ericsson W995, which I chose primarily for its Walkman features/functionality.

More than pleasantly surprised by the quality of the camera (8.1 megapixels). I haven't downloaded anything onto my PC from it yet but the photos/videos look the dogs bollocks on the 2.6" phone screen. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new phone who considers the quality of the accompanying camera as being important.

I'm now considering punting my Panasonic TZ3 on eBay and relying on the phone camera as my back-up (my main camera is a TZ7).
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 am

Funnily enough I was setting one of those up for my step-mum this very evening.

Nice enough wee handset, totally agree with the camera and display quality - very good indeed.

I have to say though I had my eyes opened by the 3 network conditions not allowing (in fact completely barring) email retrieval without the additional expense of a bolt-on.

For a monthly contract deal that's nothing short of scandalous! :evil:
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scottwramsay » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:40 am

Doorstop wrote:I have to say though I had my eyes opened by the 3 network conditions not allowing (in fact completely barring) email retrieval without the additional expense of a bolt-on.

For a monthly contract deal that's nothing short of scandalous! :evil:

Surely that's in-built-to-the-phone-like-text-messaging email functionality - you can probably just open a web browser and check the email with the contract internet allowance as normal, no? Surely they haven't just blocked access to all the email websites 8O . And if it's something like GoogleMail you can even usually download an app to save the hassle (though it doesn't work properly on my old Sony Ericsson K800i).
http://www.flickr.com/scottwramsay/
scottwramsay
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mr moto » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 am

Here are a few pics taken with my new Sigma DP1S . I am more than happy with the image quality from this little camera . I decided that i just did not want the bulk of a DSLR and the inevitable expensive collection of lenses along with all the weight .
ImageImage
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby 2HB » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am

Just upgraded to a Canon EOS 500D.
2HB
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:22 am

Jammy Beggar. :wink:

That's you and the Groover got one. S'not fair, I want one too. *stamps foot* ::):
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Doorstop wrote:Jammy Beggar. :wink:

That's you and the Groover got one. S'not fair, I want one too. *stamps foot* ::):

Nah, you want Nikon really!! :D :wink:
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby minxy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

2HB wrote:Just upgraded to a Canon EOS 500D.

Brilliant, you will love it :D
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby 2HB » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:57 am

It's everything i thought it would be! and my usual gung ho approach to anything(guitars, work,life!) seems to be not applicable to the camera.So for the first time in my 50 years i'm having to read the manual 8O but its worth it.
2HB
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby minxy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 am

I downloaded the pdf file from the web, so I've got the manual on my pc to check while i'm sitting here...dead handy.
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby droschke7 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:44 pm

I Have A Nikon D3000 with an 18-85 VR Lense and a Tamron 70-300 Lense, I also have a Finepix8100sd. Unfortunately a friend only told me about this site a couple of weeks ago and I still don't know how to post Photo's on here. Can any one help please?
droschke7
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment