Post removed

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Post removed

Postby scaryman2u » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:59 pm

Really it makes HG a joke forum ffs some decent moderation required instead of deleting random posts :evil:
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dazza » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:07 am

scaryman2u wrote:Really it makes HG a joke forum ffs some decent moderation required instead of deleting random posts :evil:

With all due respect, scaryman2u, "Random" is the operative word in this instance. Nothing is ever deleted, it sometimes just gets removed from a thread. If it it considered worthy of moving back into discussion then it will be. :)
dazza
-
-

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:17 am

dazzababes wrote:
scaryman2u wrote:Really it makes HG a joke forum ffs some decent moderation required instead of deleting random posts :evil:

With all due respect, scaryman2u, "Random" is the operative word in this instance. Nothing is ever deleted, it sometimes just gets removed from a thread. If it it considered worthy of moving back into discussion then it will be. :)

I respect your motives Dazza, but posts have been deleted and threads look stupid if not done properly, but all in all it gets to look stupid if folk have already viewed them before being moved/ deleted :?
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dazza » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:42 am

scaryman2u wrote:I respect your motives Dazza, but posts have been deleted and threads look stupid if not done properly, but all in all it gets to look stupid if folk have already viewed them before being moved/ deleted :?

I appreciate what you're saying, but all seven of us can't be omnipresent 24/7, and even if we were then we would probably still agree to disagree in some cases. What can I say... It's only a forum! :wink:
dazza
-
-

Postby cumbo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:11 am

It's going to be a 10 pager I can tell. Carry on mod's your doing a great job keeping the house in order.
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:37 am

cumbo wrote:It's going to be a 10 pager I can tell. Carry on mod's your doing a great job keeping the house in order.

can i see you in my office later?
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Johnny_Gogo wrote:This has made me laff. ::):

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm

HollowHorn wrote:
Johnny_Gogo wrote:This has made me laff. ::):

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Get the fuck ouda here.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 am

I see the post removal fairies visited Plean Street during the night.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Indeed.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:52 pm

If I'm ever volunteered for moderator duty, I shall delegate the responsibility to Cookie Monster.

An empty forum is a happy forum! :D
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:39 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:If I'm ever volunteered for moderator duty, I shall delegate the responsibility to Cookie Monster.

An empty forum is a happy forum! :D

As you'll probably have guessed Brigit, I removed the posts. As SOP, when I remove stuff I usually PM the posters concerned, explaining the reasons, when removal is liable to be contentious. But so, in this instance and for (my) future reference purposes, here are the removed posts.

Re: plean street demolition

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
maximusmop wrote:i found out today the contractor for the sighthill demolition is now going to be demolishing the plean street flat's in yoker( this is my first thread on hg) and am hoping to use this thread as a heads up for the forthcoming demolition, the contractor will not have the flats in there posession till feb 2010 so a late 2010 blowdown here, any pictures or comments welcome!!

Please search before posting and use the appropriate thread.

BrigitDoon wrote:Could someone check the reactor lining, please? There's been a leak of dextrinos :D

As it happens, both your posts were both reasonably politely and humorously put. As it also happens, I sympathise with the sentiment of the first post (via the embedded link). I really dislike apostrophes used in place of plurals, and it makes it hard for me to take anything in the post seriously. Much, much more so than misspellings, which anyone can make, frankly, often including Dex. And me. But, as to a couple of the reasons for removal :

1. As Kitten has already stated on this thread, the top third of the board (and I personally throw in the 'Around The World' section too) is for on-topic stuff. I don't know how you all ended up on here - personally I found that every time I Googled a Glasgow-related subject, one of the HG top third threads came up on the first page, and I thought they were brilliant. Still do in most cases. But I think if I had had to wade through pages of long-since irrelevant banter and/or slagging, I might have been somewhat less inclined to sign up.

2. The OP was in reply to someone who has made three posts ever on HG. We, as a board, are regularly accused of being antagonistic to 'newbies', and it's not the first time there has been a bit of a fuss on the subject. I didn't think we needed another one.

Fossil wrote:don't worry folks even my fucking posts get moved :roll:

Indeed. See point 1. This is not a 'member status' issue. And further to point 1, note that criticisms of moderating standards and of the board in general have been left to stand in this section.

dazzababes wrote:... all seven of us can't be omnipresent 24/7, and even if we were then we would probably still agree to disagree in some cases. What can I say... It's only a forum! :wink:

Indeed again. We're not The Borg. Disagreement is, er, not rare. Mods are just members of the board like the rest of you, with the sole exception of having the ability to (re)move posts. It's just individual opinion.

I nearly replied to this at the time, Scary. My viewpoint is that to not remove posts like the ones you're referring to on that 'Hidden cumbernauld' thread would make HG a joke forum. It had - no less than three times - degenerated into personal abuse, and the posts you refer to were removed as a pre-emptive measure to head off a fourth instance. An effort is usually made to avoid leaving posts in a 'context-free' situation, which inevitably leads to reasoned posts being removed on occasion.

scaryman2u wrote:it gets to look stupid if folk have already viewed them before being moved/ deleted :?

Yes and no. Two things - One : in a spat, sometimes you can judge that someone deserves the right to reply (or that they deserve to get a reply). In that instance you leave it till you're fairly sure that that reply has been viewed before stripping out the (irrelevant to almost everyone else, or to the thread) results of the spat. Two : you can hope that the spat will die down, in which case you can quietly remove it a day or two later without anyone noticing (obviously not the case here).

You might think this sounds like pompous self-justification. You may be right. But they're the reasons.

Now. any more fucking questions, or do I have to set Fossil on you?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Josef wrote:Now. any more fucking questions, or do I have to set Fossil on you?

If you need to kill anyone, just ask, ill bore them to death with train talk.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Josef wrote:
BrigitDoon wrote:
Now. any more fucking questions, or do I have to set Fossil on you?

Aye well said, J.

Whos first

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Rodders » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Posted a reply to the Whiteinch baths demolished thread today, now its gone. Has it been deleted, and if so can you say why? Thanks
Rodders
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Forum Help and Issues