BBC Question Time

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: BBC Question Time

Postby flyman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:03 am

It doesn't take some nazi nobhead spouting shite on Question time to make the most reasonable person anywhere figure out that immigration is what any of the political parties must focus on .Controlled immigration with the emphasis on the word controlled,there is no control at the moment and thats the major problem.It's a system thats gone haywire and its not just a problem in the UK its everywhere,which is giving credence to the sort of stuff Griffin,Geert Wilders,Phillipe De Villers and others thrive upon .Border control and tighter regulations are the way ahead and the Australian system would be a good starting point.But i fear it's gone too far down the line for that and i'm a roofer not a politician so i don't feel qualified to supply any answers.Having a view on immigration doesn't make you a bad person but it depends on how you express your views i suppose?Griffin will always have an audience like i say i'm a roofer and trust me building sites are not always the most pc places for the faint hearted people to hang around on.I've worked alongside folk who's views make Griffin seem like Hans Christian Anderson.Tolerance is not a part of their vocabulary and lifes fucking hard enough to go through without doing it wearing blinkers.A great man once said "All over people changing their votes
Along with their overcoats
If Adolf Hitler flew in today
They'd send a limousine anyway" .
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:14 am

It doesn't take some nazi nobhead spouting shite on Question time to make the most reasonable person anywhere figure out that immigration is what any of the political parties must focus on .

Well actually it did take a Nazi knobhead to revive it on here. Are you asking us to adopt BNP policies to beat them at their own game. We should make it even more difficult for people to come to the UK?
Seriously. We've been here before.

How easy is it to get into the UK if you're not from Europe?

A certain section of the population are uncomfortable with strangers in their community. I'm uncomfortable with the racists next door to me. They don't like kids either and they get upset when someone else parks outside their gate. The fact they don't have a car does not come into it. Do they vote Labour. I don't know if they vote at all. But if they did they ain't choosing between the SNP and Labour on whose got the toughest immigration policy. It's long down the list of their problems like pensions, council services and stuck up neighbours.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Autolycus » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:36 am

Dexter St. Clair wrote: ........

How easy is it to get into the UK if you're not from Europe?

Legally or illegally?
Autolycus
Autolycus
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby flyman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:12 am

Sorry Dexter if my cack handed uneducated post made it look i was siding with their policies,which if thats what you think i'm aiming at then i'd better fuck off from the forum,because trust me i'm no racist and indeed if i can't post in a legible manner other than one that makes me look racially suspect then its probably best i take my leave.If i've offended anyone with the post i made my apologies, it was not an attempt at hiding behind an agenda and attempting to fool anyone with my intentions.Trust me i'm not that clever or indeed that interested,truth be told im more interested in making it harder for the Old Firm to get into Europe :roll:
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby quietcount » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:38 pm

We live in a democracy. We get to choose who we want to rule over us. We can pick the best of a bad bunch and be happy we got too choose. Once we do choose on the policy the party puts forward when they get in to power they abandon their policy's and adapt a policy that you would never had voted for. And this is supposed to be a democracy. I think i would rather have a Saddam Hussain openly shafting me than getting shafted through deception. We live in a democratic dictatorship we vote for who we want to dictate to us.

Now i am finished ranting i will just say that a lot of people have probably voted for b N P without actually knowing what they are actually about. After Question Time i think a lot of people will have changed their minds.

Non violent K K K sounds like W M D to me.
quietcount
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby delirium » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:33 pm

I was in favour of the appearance, purely because I wanted to see him and his parties 'policies' taken apart in front of as many viewers as possible. However, it needed to be handled carefully with the right mix of guests. They did not achieve that. They needed some more academic, charismatic and eloquent panellists to raise the discussion and show him floundering. Even Ian Hislop would've been better than say, Bonnie Greer - who was too manipulative a choice.

Secondly, the audience on QT has become increasingly Jerry Springerish in recent times. For instance the rabble on the show at the height of the expenses scandal. That only encourages panellists to play to the crowd and it gets increasingly purile. I also felt they were not even-handed in the questions chosen, skimming past audience members who didn't tow the line. We will never get reasoned discussion on these subjects if anyone who questions immigration policies is tarred with the same brush as Griffin and his ilk. Writing off anyone who voices concerns as a racist Nazi takes the focus off the real racists Nazis, alienates a lot of ordinary people with real worries, and surely risks sending them in the direction of parties like the BNP.

Third mistake was holding it in London. That has completely played into Griffin's hands with his subsequent complaints about multi-cultural London not being reflective of the rest of the country. Obviously the Midlands or North of England would not have been an ideal choice either. Perhaps it should've been up here. Not that I want that thug in Glasgow, but perhaps it would've been a slightly more neutral choice.

On the whole I thought he was shifty, sweaty, uncomfortable and that smirk was a nervous one. Anyone with half a brain could see him and his beliefs for the dangerous and obscene nonsense that they are. Trouble is there are a lot of people who watched with far less than half a brain! In retrospect, perhaps he should've been kept away.
delirium
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:47 pm

That has completely played into Griffin's hands with his subsequent complaints about multi-cultural London not being reflective of the rest of the country.

Well he claims Britain is multi cultural and he doesn't like it.

He wants to be on Question Time and he blew it. Why could he not just say there was a Holocaust. What would that have cost him other than the real Nazi support. When he was sentenced to nine months for inciting racial hatred Mr Griffin told the court: "I am well aware that the orthodox opinion is that six million Jews were gassed and cremated and turned into lampshades. Orthodox opinion also once held that the world is flat." He could have said his humour was misplaced. And he had lots of Jewish neighbours.

He could have explained his sharing his platform with David Duke by saying he was just drunk.

Here's Nick being nice about Those Thieving Gypsies

Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:59 pm

kunty mcfek wrote:

I didn't watch the programme but was it an all black audience?

The BNP are not particularly interested in reasoned debate whenever I encounter them. Maybe their meetings are different. Are they?

The Panel and the Chairman were absolute rubbish, and I include the american historian who was lamentable - I don't need a history lesson! Most of the audience weren't much better, either.

They berated Griffin - thus giving him the opportunity to play the victim (which he knew would happen and he lapped it up) - without extracting from him what the public wanted or needed to hear, what are his and the BNP's true policies, not just on race but other issues, too.

If we are ever going to get to the bottom of the real BNP - assuming we want to - on reflection, it would be better if he was interviewed by 3 panellists who would not mindlessly boo, heckle or shout him down every time he went to speak but actually extract what he is all about.

On Thursday night, the Chairman, the Panel and the audience were so incredibly psyched-up that they probably played into his hands; they all overheated. He will, I am sure, regard "Question Time" as a step upwards; a coup.

When it came to an inter-parties issue, on immigration, they all floundered because their focus was entirely on rubbishing Griffin.

The public wanted to know what Griffin and the BNP stands for [yes, we all know about 1 or 2 policies they have] and to debate them with him so as to decimate them both; the Panel failed - simple.

Will we ever get to know? Proably not. Will their popularity increase? Probably, unless the vacuum left by mainstream parties on race and immigration isn't filled by them and a solution found... :? :? :?

There is no vacuum.

All parties have a policy on immigration.

But i dont think political parties need a policy on race do they?
Apart from the BNP.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Timely YouTube links Dex. Thanks.

However, I think it's worth bearing in mind persuasion is often better than, well, castigation (thinking of Flyman here, who deserves a bit of respect I reckon).

Still, there's been too much neo-Nazism on my TV this past week and it's beginning to get on my nerves.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby penguinmonkey » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Lucky Poet wrote:Timely YouTube links Dex. Thanks.

However, I think it's worth bearing in mind persuasion is often better than, well, castigation (thinking of Flyman here, who deserves a bit of respect I reckon).

Still, there's been too much neo-Nazism on my TV this past week and it's beginning to get on my nerves.

Hear Hear!!
It's always funny 'til someone gets hurt and then it's just hilarious
penguinmonkey
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Had to listen to Radio Clyde at work between 6 and 7 tonight. They freely give bigots a chance to talk too.
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kunty mcfek » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 pm

floweredpig wrote:
kunty mcfek wrote:

There is no vacuum.

Apart from the BNP.

So you think we live in a democracy. :roll: 75% of the population want a vote on the EU, but unlike other EU countries, we are denied. 79% of the British public want an end to immigration, yet immigration is increasing. Britain is governed along communist lines, we have dictators ruleing our country and the right wing parties support base will continue to increase for these reasons. We are not a racist country, yet our main parties which refuse to deal with these issues are implying, because they have not got the policies the people want, but the right wing parties do...
We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.
kunty mcfek
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby floweredpig » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:16 pm

kunty mcfek wrote:
floweredpig wrote:
kunty mcfek wrote:

There is no vacuum.

Apart from the BNP.

So you think we live in a democracy. :roll: 75% of the population want a vote on the EU, but unlike other EU countries, we are denied. 79% of the British public want an end to immigration, yet immigration is increasing. Britain is governed along communist lines, we have dictators ruleing our country and the right wing parties support base will continue to increase for these reasons. We are not a racist country, yet our main parties which refuse to deal with these issues are implying, because they have not got the policies the people want, but the right wing parties do...

I dont think i mentioned Democracy.

Where did you get your statistics?
Daily Mail or mates in the pub?
If people are unhappy with policies laid out by the party thats in power then the next general election you vote them out,democracy in action.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:21 pm

kunty mcfek wrote:[So you think we live in a democracy. :roll: 75% of the population want a vote on the EU, but unlike other EU countries, we are denied. 79% of the British public want an end to immigration, yet immigration is increasing. Britain is governed along communist lines, we have dictators ruleing our country and the right wing parties support base will continue to increase for these reasons. We are not a racist country, yet our main parties which refuse to deal with these issues are implying, because they have not got the policies the people want, but the right wing parties do...

There have been three periods of net immigration to the UK since the start of the Twentieth Century. Each and every time, the same 'swamping' fuss was kicked up, legislation was passed, etc.

Over the same period, the net emigration from the UK (i.e after allowing for the immigrants 'swamping' the UK) was equivalent to more than three times the population of Scotland. Were the UK to show its sincerity by imposing the same regulations on emigration as immigration, I might be convinced that the anti-immigration lobby were other than xenophobic hypocrites.

As for the EU : I'm not really surprised at the at the popular perception of it, given the relentless tide of lies and negativity fed to us every day through the popular media. Rupert Murdoch, for example, is scarcely going to be in favour of - to take just one example - restrictions on media ownership, no matter how much it might potentially benefit the public.

Every restriction on my freedom I can think of in the last twenty-odd years has been passed solely by the UK Government. Every right that I can think of came from the EU, often greatly against the will of the UK Government (see the UK opt-out of the EU Working Time Directive, for example).

I've also been TUPE'd twice. In the first case at the very least, I don't imagine for a second that the US corporation that took us over would have maintained our terms and conditions were it not for the EU TUPE legislation. Ta, chaps.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:36 pm

Oh come on guys you and your logic are leaving me nothing to work with. Well not until Jim Davidson chimes in.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions