Lockerbie Remembered

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Lockerbie Remembered

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:53 am

Bing Buzby wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:
Seeking to change the subject does you no credit.

Sorry Master Todd, I missed the step when you changed the subject to Tartan Day. Does this make me back on topic to your satisfaction?

A cat, as they say, can look at a King and that's a thinly disguised Salmond in a child -molester Mac in the background.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:54 am

BrigitDoon wrote:I can't say it breaks my heart to see Americans upset because their jurisdiction has been shown not to extend beyond their border. I hope we can stop them getting their grubby paws on Gary McKinnon as well.

I'm guessing you're not a native Scot.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby potatojunkie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:29 am

tedmaul wrote:I don't even claim to understand what this point is about. ::):

Well, I didn't have you down as being particularly bright.

Bing Buzby wrote:So president Obama couldn't help but carp from sidelines, The president said: "We have been in contact with the Scottish Government indicating that we objected to this. We thought it was a mistake."

Was he refering to the release of Megrahi or was he offering advice on how to fly arabs around the world in secret?

He was being politic. There are a lot of people in America foaming at the mouth right now. Some choice quotes from the Fox News website:

Al-Megrahi Should die as his victims did ... in a plane crash! ... He obviously was not too close to death, he was walking. Mercy would be him lying in prison with his eyes forced to stay open and seeing those prison walls. I am tired of the spineless actions taken by the weak minded who claim Christianity as their way of life and do not uphold an eye for an eye.

It is absurd that any country would let a convicted murderer, especially on this scale, go free. It makes the nation as a whole lose credibility. As for the commentary about his conviction being questionable, if he wasn't guilty then why'd they convict him? This isn't compassion! It's stupidity!

I don't believe Abdul showed any compassion to the passengers of that 747 by allowing them to deplane to visit their families before he killed them all, did he? Prostate Cancer? it will take him years to die from that. This is another sign the west has lost its spine. Another brilliant decision in the tradition of Neville Chamberlain.

Not a threat!?!?! You're kidding me right?He has cancer, but his brain is fully functionable, and he is willing and able to train the next wave of terrorists. The plane should be brought down, and don't cry for the supposed innocence on board with him. In aiding his ESCAPE, they show total disregard for the innocent lives taken by him!!!

Isn't it ironic how this terrorist is being released from a disease that in the US (with its terrible healthcare) is almost 100% curable, but only around 77% curable with a government healthcare system?

I hope all people in the US cancel all travel plans to this wonderful, chicken district called Scotland. I wouldn't put one toe in the district of Scotland. Sovereign country? I think not.

He shouldn't have been released in any case because he could still be used as a suicide bomber, so he does represent a continued danger. He could blow up the US embassy in Tripoli as a last act of defiance.

All the people who died at Lockerbie were not allowed to die at home in their own country with their family around them

Er ...
I will shoot you: http://www.stuartcrawfordphoto.com/
potatojunkie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tedmaul » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:53 am

potatojunkie wrote:Well, I didn't have you down as being particularly bright.

Ouch. 8O That might have hurt if i) I knew who you were and ii) cared what you thought!
Jim Hacker: "Are you saying that winking at corruption is government policy?"
Sir Humphrey: "No, no, Minister. It could never be government policy. That is unthinkable. Only government practice."
tedmaul
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Bing Buzby » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:19 pm

potatojunkie wrote:He was being politic. There are a lot of people in America foaming at the mouth right now. Some choice quotes from the Fox News website:

Yes, possibly an example of what John Pilger refered to as 'Brand Obama'

Bing Buzby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:16 pm

potatojunkie wrote:Some choice quotes from the Fox News website:
I hope all people in the US cancel all travel plans to ... Scotland.

So do I.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby draugelis » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:23 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:
potatojunkie wrote:Some choice quotes from the Fox News website:
I hope all people in the US cancel all travel plans to ... Scotland.

So do I.

Any possibility of those that are already here going home before I go to Edinburgh on Sunday? Pleeze????
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - Tom Waits
draugelis
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Washington has told London that expediency requires the Libyan pawn to be moved from Greenock to Libya , but that a bad smell will be released for political reasons ; London has told Edinburgh that they MUST do the right thing for the wrong reasons , but they ( London ) WILL raise a huge stink about what Edinburgh has done , and Edinburgh can claim the moral high ground.

The Prince
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby scaryman2u » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:20 pm

Politics and morals have no place in the same sentence.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:39 am

scaryman2u wrote:Politics and morals have no place in the same sentence.

Yet you place them thus, anyway. ;)
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:27 am

Vinegar Tom wrote:Washington has told London that expediency requires the Libyan pawn to be moved from Greenock to Libya , but that a bad smell will be released for political reasons ; London has told Edinburgh that they MUST do the right thing for the wrong reasons , but they ( London ) WILL raise a huge stink about what Edinburgh has done , and Edinburgh can claim the moral high ground.

The Prince

You're surely not suggesting Salmond and MacAskill are taking orders from London, are you?

Acetic acid and uric acid ain't that dissimilar after all.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:48 am

Has anyone else tried signing up to Fox News to leave a comment in reply to the nonsense that PJ quoted above?

I've tried registering but have been waiting hours for the email to arrive...are the CIA onto me for my non-Fox news opinions already?
"It's hard to believe people think a real cow dying on film doesn't look like a real cow dying on film"

http://flickr.com/photos/dreamlogic
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Caltonboy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:04 am

an innocent man gets out of jail, i reckon

whats the problem here?
Caltonboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:28 am

Caltonboy wrote:an innocent man gets out of jail, i reckon

whats the problem here?

The problem is that the Scottish criminal justice system doesn't (and shouldn't) operate on the basis of "i reckon".
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Caltonboy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:45 am

I'm not suggesting it is, I was offering my reckoning!
He is guilty under the said system sir!
Caltonboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions