I've lost my mojo!

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: I've lost my mojo!

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 pm

I empathise with John re the above. Since I swapped a large and heavy Sony Mavica for a little pocket sized Sony something or other I've seldom left home without it and have taken more photos in the last year than the previous 54.

Most are shite but I still can't bring myself to delete them.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:43 pm

I must admit, somewhat ironically HG has resulted in me being 99% less likely to feel motivated to take any photos in Glasgow!! i suppose it's just a bit of over exposure to pics of the place...

Never really got into flickr (though dazza i promise I will upload those photos!), but i can see that has much the same effect of over exposure. That and what kitten said, other stuff has had a higher priority for a while. fits and starts, and probably always will be...

The urge to snap has returened lately, but that means I've now got loads of photos on various memory cards that have still to be downloaded and filed away... I seem to have motivation issues with that!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a weekend in the Highlands and some good visual stimulation away from the hurly burly and the camera is coming too :)
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lucky Poet » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:19 pm

I might give the lensbaby a swerve then. I've still got the nifty 50 for all my weirdo-focus needs. Easily my favourite lens, and the cheapest (unless you count the kit lens).

I've kind of lost touch with Flickr a bit lately. I think I might need to prune my groups list a bit. And the awards thing is a lot of nonsense. It's a funny place: I've met (including in person) some lovely people, but my gawd some folks take it so seriously. I've been a bit off it since blocking one previous 'friend' (as the contact parlance goes). He was being a bigger arse than two bums.

It's not that I fall out with photography or anything, it's that I like to think I'm getting better at it, so when I get in a rut I get all humpty and stop for a bit. There's always some wee inspirational thing that comes along though - a book or just a nice photo that kicks it off again. The wedding thing has pissed me off though - I'm crap at people photos, and that was partly the point (though it was understood I'd be skulking around snapping ashtrays and cutlery and stuff). It's not nice seeing your limitations. I'd never make a portrait photographer...
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby John » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:49 pm

This is one of the main reasons I stopped doing photography last year.

http://monaxle.com/2009/07/08/section-4 ... gh-street/
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby Sharon » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Strange times we live in indeed where it's imagined that stopping photos being taken makes us safer....

tbh given that story and others like it, Im a wee but suprised HG doesn't set off the paranoia polis alarms! or hasn't so far....
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby My Kitten » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:41 pm

I got stopped in Sunny Govan whilst taking photographs of the construction of the new transport museum. The police, who were driving up a footpath, said i looked like someone who had been breaking into cars nearby.

I laughed and walked away.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 pm

So did you do it?

I have stuck a nice semi-fisheye 10-20mm on my camera to see it does anything for me.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby My Kitten » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:01 pm

got my DSLR back after 42 days away having some bit fixed, cant remember how to use it now!
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am

John wrote:This is one of the main reasons I stopped doing photography last year.

http://monaxle.com/2009/07/08/section-4 ... gh-street/

I'd be interested to read any reply Mr Turner has had to his letter.

Drives me mental reading things like this .. the place in turning into a bad sci-fi dystopic parody.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lone Groover » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:10 am

Having read that account I found this ...

http://www.met.police.uk/about/photography.htm

Print it out and keep it in your camera bag ! :twisted:
Last edited by Lone Groover on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Work hard, Rock Hard, Eat hard, Sleep hard, Grow big, Wear glasses if you need 'em"
Flickr photos - If you can stand them !
www.flickr.com/photos/davetrott/
Lone Groover
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby wee minxy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:15 am

Lone Groover wrote:Having read that accou8nt I found this ...

Print it out and keep it in you camera bag ! :twisted:

Excellent LG Ta much :D
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:05 am

Plod wrote:Officers have the power to view digital images contained in mobile telephones or cameras carried by a person searched under S43 of the Terrorism Act 2000 to discover whether they have in their possession anything which may constitute evidence that they are involved in terrorism.

I can just see a spectacular terrorist plot being uncovered because a ringleader keeps incriminating photos on his Canon G9. Remember, if you've taken snaps of your evil comrades posing with thumbs up round a massive weapons stockpile (with a cardboard sign propped up on top, reading 'Bombs and guns and stuff for our meticulously-planned terrorist outrage'), download them onto your computer then delete from the camera.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:17 am

Lone Groover wrote:Having read that account I found this ...

I'm not sure Strathclyde's finest would be terribly impressed by a computer printout from the website of a police force in a country with a different legal system :roll:
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lone Groover » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 am

onyirtodd wrote:
Lone Groover wrote:Having read that account I found this ...

I'm not sure Strathclyde's finest would be terribly impressed by a computer printout from the website of a police force in a country with a different legal system :roll:

I just had a quick gander at the Strathypolis web site. It returned no items to my enquiry "Photography"

But I imagine the terrorism act is the same here ?? Yes ? No ? Wot ?
"Work hard, Rock Hard, Eat hard, Sleep hard, Grow big, Wear glasses if you need 'em"
Flickr photos - If you can stand them !
www.flickr.com/photos/davetrott/
Lone Groover
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:41 am

Think these are the guidelines to read up on http://www.sirimo.co.uk/2009/05/14/uk-p ... rights-v2/

and discussed here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6136&start=30

So the police have the right to ask the questions, if they want, if it's inappropriate then I suppose the thing to do is to register a complaint. And as Brigit discovered, there haven't been ANY made to strathclyde police. So, perhaps not so much of a problem here; yet?
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Photography