Good Restaurants

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Good Restaurants

Postby mooshimooshisan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:37 am

Bibi's on Dumbarton Road, along near Partick police station is rivalling Roastit's for me now. Perfect homely Mexican food and frozen margaritas at reasonable prices, friendly staff and just round the corner from my house ::):
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:12 am

mooshimooshisan wrote:Bibi's on Dumbarton Road, along near Partick police station is rivalling Roastit's for me now. Perfect homely Mexican food and frozen margaritas at reasonable prices, friendly staff and just round the corner from my house ::):

You're from Mexico?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mooshimooshisan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:15 am

arriba arriba underlay underlay - couldn't you tell?
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Jazza » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 pm

Pintxo I have been too with a group of friends and I thought it was excellent :D

I have heard good things about Bibi's from another source - will be heading there soon no doubt.
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Postby jennifermarshall1 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:31 pm

MadameZiggy wrote:Just read that Gwendle recommends the Poa San up in sunny Haghill.

Is this for real?

It's just that having lived in Dennistoun all my life (poor thing that I am,although I'm moving next week!) I've never felt brave enough or inclined enough to go in.If I want to go out for a meal it's usually a special occassion & the Poa San in Haghill just doesn't quite tickle my fancy! :D

hey personally i think you should give the poa san a try :) its really nice although the decor could be updated :roll: and i also think they should invest in some central heating :roll: but apart from that the service is exceptional :wink: staff are friendy and helpull meals are lovily a just love when a friday comes as thats my poa san nyt :) not there tonight thou was there last nyt xx :wink:
jennifermarshall1
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re:

Postby wee minxy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40 pm

escotregen wrote:Couple of us were at a loose end in the town last Saturday late morning getting a bit hungry. We decided to take a chance on the Mussel Inn in Hope Street.

It has seemed pretty empty to me since it opened and I knew it was a 'themed group' eatery. So my expectations were not high, but we were tempted by a fixed price 2 course lunch with glass of wine for £6.95. (served between 12 and 2.00)

I had mussels with one of the selection of sauces and our other main course choice was the large portion of fish soup. The soup came with choice of chips or bread, but though we choose chips we still got a double portion of the excellent bread. I got a nice wee dressed salad with my laqrge portion of fresh mussels. Every part of the food was perfect (I don't say that often!). Service was very efficient and polite, but maybe not all that friendly. The glass of white wine was first class which is saying something as I find that house wines are often near-vinegar. The whole place was also spotlessly clean.

It's made me think I want to try it for dinner some evening.

Great Place, but I had Red Mullet :D . I was there the other day for lunch, and it was very nice, they just don't do enough prawn dishes. £8 for a chowder or a bowl of mussels in a selection of sauces, and salad or chups, loads of french bread and butter to dunk with.
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Squigster » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:37 pm

I stay roughly equidistant between Bibis & Bubblys - I would recommend either. Pinxto is at the roughly at the bottom of my street, and the only down side was that after there tapas i had to go for a fish supper a few hours (and beers later).
I could also recommend Velvet Elvis that has just opened up in the old butchers right beside Pinxto.
Squigster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Re:

Postby dimairt » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:40 pm

wee minxy wrote:
escotregen wrote:Couple of us were at a loose end in the town last Saturday late morning getting a bit hungry. We decided to take a chance on the Mussel Inn in Hope Street.

It has seemed pretty empty to me since it opened and I knew it was a 'themed group' eatery. So my expectations were not high, but we were tempted by a fixed price 2 course lunch with glass of wine for £6.95. (served between 12 and 2.00)

I had mussels with one of the selection of sauces and our other main course choice was the large portion of fish soup. The soup came with choice of chips or bread, but though we choose chips we still got a double portion of the excellent bread. I got a nice wee dressed salad with my laqrge portion of fresh mussels. Every part of the food was perfect (I don't say that often!). Service was very efficient and polite, but maybe not all that friendly. The glass of white wine was first class which is saying something as I find that house wines are often near-vinegar. The whole place was also spotlessly clean.

It's made me think I want to try it for dinner some evening.

Great Place, but I had Red Mullet :D . I was there the other day for lunch, and it was very nice, they just don't do enough prawn dishes. £8 for a chowder or a bowl of mussels in a selection of sauces, and salad or chups, loads of french bread and butter to dunk with.

We had dinner there on Saturday night, it was excellent. If you like sea-food, try it.

Le durachd,
Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:42 am

If you like seafood............. try Crabshakk. Argyle Street opposite the Ben Nevis.

http://www.crabshakk.com/index.php
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby wee minxy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:19 am

The Grill At The Square , this place is lovely, food excellent, very posh, food was like a wee work of art on the plate :D
Staff were very friendly and polite, food tremendous, I had a warm salmon starter...superb, and main courses also spectacular, especially the steak.
It's the first time I've been in a restaurant where they treat a bottle of water like a bottle of wine 8O
http://www.5pm.co.uk/browse/restaurant/29_-_The_Grill_At_The_Square
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:34 am

wee minxy wrote: ................It's the first time I've been in a restaurant where they treat a bottle of water like a bottle of wine 8O

You mean they sell it for many, many times what they paid for it :wink: :?:
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby wee minxy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:05 am

onyirtodd wrote:
wee minxy wrote: ................It's the first time I've been in a restaurant where they treat a bottle of water like a bottle of wine 8O

You mean they sell it for many, many times what they paid for it :wink: :?:

Aye :D , still, it's a once a year treat, so I'm not complainin. Although I had a laugh the way the waiter wrapped it in a cloth and put in beside the wine in the buckity thing :wink:
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby jimbo1876 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:12 pm

Persian restaurant Koolba in Candleriggs is quite excellent and Smiths in Uddingston - which was at the same address in Candleriggs till it moved to Lanarkshire is well worth the short journey out of the city (it is right next to Uddingston railway station). For pizza I like Soho in Miller Street. And the previously mentioned Pinxto's in Dumbarton Road is the best I have been in Glasgow for tapas.

http://www.koolba.com/

http://www.smithsrestaurants.co.uk/

http://www.sohoglasgow.com/

http://www.pintxo.info/
jimbo1876
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby THA G-MAN » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:06 am

Just went to Wudon noodle bar on Great Western rd,across from cleopatra's.Think it opened on monday and it's a wee cool place with japanese/chinese/thai food and also very tasty!!
THA G-MAN
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby shadowof » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Ye Wudon it's a nice place.
shadowof
Just settling in
Just settling in

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants