BrigitDoon's Bomb Shelter

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: BrigitDoon's Bomb Shelter

Postby Doorstop » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:15 am

It seems that the chart has gone bye-bye (hotlinking problems) so here's another one properly linked this time.

It's still fucking nonsense though. :D
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:18 pm

Thanks Doorstop.

1.81 and 82 this morning. No worries.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:19 pm

Cleared out a load of empty bottles yesterday and among them the wreckage from the last, er, session.

I counted 12 bottles of wine, 24 pint bottles of cider and 3 half-bottles of spirits. By my reckoning that was 240 units in 10 days, or about 24 units per day. That's rather a lot and I was certainly feeling shot at the other day when I'd finished. Still it's far short of the days when I was "Bob", when a friend and I counted 280 units in seven days, or 40 per day. (Each, not between us and those were the ones we could remember.)

I wanted it out of the way and it seemed like an idea to kill one of the weeks before surgery and so it has been done.

I stopped smoking two weeks before starting transition; may as well stop drinking two weeks before the end of it.

It causes too many problems these days and I can't say there's any enjoyment to be had from it. That and it inflames my already chronic sinusitis and blood pressure fairly puts the kibosh on it.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:46 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:I counted 12 bottles of wine, 24 pint bottles of cider and 3 half-bottles of spirits. By my reckoning that was 240 units in 10 days, or about 24 units per day. That's rather a lot and I was certainly feeling shot at the other day when I'd finished. Still it's far short of the days when I was "Bob", when a friend and I counted 280 units in seven days, or 40 per day. (Each, not between us and those were the ones we could remember.)

Well BrigitDoon, you cannae be a lass and expect the privileges of a fella now can you. Recommended daily allowance for a man is 3-4 units, for a lass 2-3. I really hope that is the hourly recommended allowance as opposed to the full day, but that's just me :) :D
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Well, Dave, whichever it is, you'll have to do my share from now on.

Not much point doing it when it causes the sinuses to flare up even worse within five minutes.

Lime and soda from here onwards.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:15 pm

How long before the chop now?
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:39 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:Not much point doing it when it causes the sinuses to flare up even worse within five minutes.

Is that not hayfever? I have serious allergies hence my choice in pets. Growing plants in your home is a bit of a bitch too. I have some room for outdoor planting which is in my favour.

Drinking tomato juice (as gorgeous as it is) causes me unexplained problems only since packing in the ciggies though. Don't know what ciggies were doing to the chemical composition of my body but jings crivens adn help ma boab. I'm not that stupid that I'd go back to them :)
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:29 pm

Sharon wrote:How long before the chop now?

Mods, please remove this to the recipe thread. :P
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:36 pm

HollowHorn wrote:

Mods, please remove this to the recipe thread. :P

The chippy that was near my flat in Paisley (all those years ago) were versed in the term of a 'Boaby Supper' this translates to a smoked sausage supper (the unbattered reddish sausage thing) but i think it's fairly well used.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 pm

No, Sharon, you don't run a tabloid.

It's called vaginoplasty and is surgery on a par with a hysterectomy.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:29 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:

No, Sharon, you don't run a tabloid.

It's surgery on a par with a hysterectomy.

I daresay lopping of balls and cock and putting in place a fanny might be somewhat easier than lopping off a fanny and replacing it with a cock and balls.

Enjoy making your soup girls :D
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:08 am

Phalloplasty is the process for female-to-male transitioners and is extremely complicated and the results are usually unsatisfactory. It requires that flesh is donated from another part of the body, usually the forearm. Inevitably, a double mastectomy will be required. In both cases there is extensive scarring.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:27 am

I've spent all day in discussion about a News of the World article which some of my associates think is not too bad because it's an improvement on the usual vile transphobic onslaught. I don't take that view. You're lying on the ground and someone is kicking you. Then they kick you less hard and you should be grateful? I don't think so.

"SEXY lingerie model Lisa Du Preez today reveals more than ever before - how she used to be a MAN!"

Fuck off and die. I never used to be a man. I used to look like one, perhaps, but that's as far as it goes. I've had people run away from me in fear of their lives having expressed such shite at me in the pubs of Somerset. I was explaining this to the police the other day when they wondered why I'd picked Glasgow. "Because it's quiet..."

It's a serious business. 35% of us commit suicide because it's too tough a deal to see through. Compare that to about 7 out of 100,000 in the general population each year. A lot of this has to do with bullying and rejection by friends and family. The tabloid newspapers have long used us as scapegoats, targets for their humour or whatever. The pondlife picks up on this and so we get abuse from complete strangers. Violence and sexual assault are quite common. The murder rate is much higher than average.

That's not to say that we can't enjoy a bit of banter, but then we are a vulnerable group and as with other groups, like the guy with tourettes, it's for him to lead the way with what is acceptable. It is not for the tabloids to dictate.

Anything like "sex change", "sex swap", "tranny", "gender bender" and so forth are terms of contempt used by the tabloids and best avoided.

If in doubt, ask.

At the end of the day, it's a serious medical condition that requires, in many cases, serious medical intervention and psychiatric assessment, despite what some members of my community might say.

Very stressed tonight; it's been a long day and now the iPod has fucked up and I wish I'd never bought it.

My surgery is scheduled for this coming Saturday 18th July.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:57 am

Having had a wee look (harder to find than I thought it woud be), I'm surprised to see the huge disparity in suicide rates between pre- and post-treatment.

Best of luck, Bridget. We'll save you a comfy seat at the next (plus one or two) HG night.

Did you ever get that limo booked, btw?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:26 am

Poor Bridge, you don't half sound stressed.

Chin up chuck and I hope it all goes well on Saturday .. best of luck.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions