Anderston demolition

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Anderston demolition

Postby toomse » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Sanctuary Housing have employed a series of dirty trick tactics over the last couple of years to acquire the land for this project from the present home owners. Although a building contract was awarded recently the case is still ongoing in the courts.

Contract news
http://www.builderandengineer.co.uk/new ... -3668.html

court minutes
http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2008CSOH06.html

master plan

phase 1

and just for the hell of it - below Little Street

toomse
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Anderston demolition

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:30 pm

I can still remember when this area was filled with tenements, many of them were beginning to get demolished. My father's family were from the Anderston area and they moved to Garthamlock - just next door! Once the new houses were built in the area, they were encouraged to return. Most of them did and they lived to regret it, they hated the clinical concrete place and never knew half their neighbours. In the old village they claim they knew everyone, but then again, knowing the old man's side of the family they probably did.

What strikes me is the same arguments about demolition this time over were the same as the last time. How history repeats itself.
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby toomse » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:55 am

heard that the last owner left in this block got a nasty fright late one Sunday night a few weeks ago when the block next door collapsed into a pile of rubble

waterfall

toomse
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:38 am

toomse wrote:heard that the last owner left in this block got a nasty fright late one Sunday night a few weeks ago when the block next door collapsed into a pile of rubble

The block didn't actually collapse did it? I thought it was a controlled demolition.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Glasgow Development