HG Movie Critique.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: HG Movie Critique.

Postby Mori » Sun May 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Loved the original.

latest version is realy good too, travolta is magnificent in this.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun May 31, 2009 3:07 pm

Image ... IMDB link

Bronson.

A fractured and disjointed representation of an equally disfunctional mans' chaotic and violent formative experiences both in younger life and inside his extended exploration of the British penal system.

Highly stylised in both cinematographic content and soundtrack it reminded me strongly of Kubriks' "Clockwork Orange". No small part in that was played by Tom Hardy's portrayal of Bronson which was extremely reminiscent of the 'Alex' character part in the Kubrik flick.

Difficult one to call this .. if you're after a fully biographical, detail perfect recollection of Bronsons' life then this may not be the movie for you.

I found it an absorbing and starkly captivating insight into one interpretation of the mind of Britains most violent prisoner however and would recommend a look see.

If you enjoyed Clockworks Orange's idiosyncratic appearance and feel then you'll enjoy this.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby flyman » Sun May 31, 2009 5:42 pm

If you liked Bronson then check out the Australian version Chopper.Mental as anything as the old band indeed were called.
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Sun May 31, 2009 6:04 pm

Although I've watched Chopper a right few times now I might do a double bill of that and Bronson.

Thanks a lot for the review mate.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun May 31, 2009 6:34 pm

flyman wrote:If you liked Bronson then check out the Australian version Chopper.

Yep, that's another great flick. Bana was absolutely phenomenal in that. t.t.v.g.g.s.

Peetabix wrote:Thanks a lot for the review mate.

No bother. :D
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Sun May 31, 2009 7:00 pm

crazygray23 wrote:
Mori wrote:looking forward to this next week.

it looks great imo, finally got rid of that campness the original series had and the general cheezyness the whole franchise had , looks to become a more serious action packed film like the new batman films became

We went to see this on Thursday and it was an interesting watch. The wife liked it more than I did and we are both Star Trek (all of them) fans.

I don't much like cinema for films as I hate the fact that the bloody trailers last so long and the film doesn't actually begin until 20 or so mintues after the advertised screening. I also hate the fact that you cannot pause the thing whilst you go for a .....

Anyway, I settled into it and thought good start - laid some great foundations and if you know the little things about Star Trek it brings some points together really well. "Bones" for Dr Leonard McCoy was explained really well as his wife divorced him and took everything but his "goddam bones." I liked that and I was hooked but then things fell apart for me a little, 'this alternative universe' made me think, I need to watch the film when it comes on the tele to get the point of it.

I loved the actors but the 'young' Scotty whilst humerous was a little too off the wall. The Romulans were 'changed' beyond all recognition and I began to become an armchair critic. Vulcan is supposed to be a 'red planet' in this Vulcan looked like earth until it was destroyed.

And so the plot goes on (don't want to spoil it for everyone else) but I became bored, wanted a pee and my thoughts were elsewhere. It was certainly better than the last Star Trek outing but nevertheless, not the most fascinating film but not the worst.

Next we hope to see 'Angels and Demons' and 'A Night at the Museum' - just for the contrast and the chance to laugh (I hope)!
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Sun May 31, 2009 7:04 pm

I really enjoyed Star Trek. Maybe because I'm not a Trekkie though. Who knows? :D
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby flyman » Sun May 31, 2009 9:02 pm

I took Fly junior to see Night At The Museum 2 the other day.It felt more like Month At The Museum nuff said methinks.
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Sun May 31, 2009 9:09 pm

Ive never realy adapted another James Bond after Sean Connery but Pierce Brosnan's last one was great and best Bond movie after many years and a fav on mine in the Bond Collections. 8)

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Sun May 31, 2009 9:56 pm

I was wondering when the next instalment of this would be. :D

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:49 pm

Went to see this today, pretty good imo, a start of a new series of movies could maybe even develop in to a tv series on looking at the script and production values.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Watched this on Film four last night, halarious. :D
best scene was at the end. seems to be the german version of this scene only on u tube.

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Could we have a no spoiler policy? :twisted:
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 am

Mori got to agree with you Little Miss Sunshine is feckin hilarious
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:24 am

Pretty good performances from Jenifer lopez , Vince Vaughn and Vincent D'Onofrio as the seriel killer.
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions