Industrial

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby mrlipring » Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:32 am

gridrunner wrote:A lino factory in Fife, visited years ago

thought that said "Lion factory" for a sec... :oops:
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:05 pm

Texaco

At the riverside :wink:

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Pgcc93 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:21 pm

3 barrels and a giant mushroom!
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Chancelot Mills

Postby duncan » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:07 am

the Chancelot Mills down in Leith, which are going the same way as the Granary, i.e. demolition to be replaced by yuppie flats

duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:42 pm

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby kn0wledge » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:43 pm

Mod. Foss. could you email me a full-res of that photo, please? I want to try out my newly-learned technique on it ;>
Eat a ham for Jesus.
kn0wledge
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re:

Postby clare1510 » Tue May 05, 2009 10:33 pm

crusty_bint wrote:
Forgotten

I love this photo. Anyone any idea where it is?
clare1510
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Re: Industrial

Postby jonno22 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi all. On Thursday 22nd October I arranged a visit to Glasgow's River Clyde Boatyard at Rothesay Dock East in Yoker, Glasgow. The visit was not just to take photographs of derleict boats and ferries among other water purpose veicles. On site there is a former two - part Glasgow Underground Rail Grinder vehicle which was moved there just over a year ago. The vehicle is in a bad state, lying derelict as it was vandalised a few years back prior to orignally going for scrap at Christies Scrapyard in Renfrewshire being sent there by S.P.T. before S.P.T. later saved their own vehicle by buying it back from Christies. I am working alongside the press office at S.P.T., gathering as much information as possible about the rail grinder's history and what its future holds.

I have an interview with a man who knows all the ins and outs of the history and hopeful future for the vehicle so I will be sure to update you all. The more than likely plan (which is what S.P.T. are hoping and wanting to happen) is to have the vehicle restored either to mainline working to work on a preserved railway or to have it stored as an exhibition at a local museum (the new Transport Museum currently being built in the Glasgow Harbour, Partick in Glasgow's West End due for completion next year for example).

I have suggested to S.P.T. that a number of enthusiasts would be happy to volunteer on working to getting the locomotive back to a good state again and it is something they would defenitely consider so if any of you are interested / would consider being involved making a big project a success contact me off group so I can get a rough idea as to how many of you would be happy to volunteer.

jonno22
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Photo Sharing