Copland Court, Ibrox.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Copland Court, Ibrox.

Postby Roxburgh » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:53 pm

cell wrote:How about in the backyard of whoever agreed to fund it and thought it was a wise move to concentrate all this individuals in one location?

Good idea! Maybe Bearsden or Newton Mearns or, even, the leafy West End.
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:18 pm

Roxburgh wrote:
lynnski wrote:I've said it once, I'll say it again so the hard of thinking can follow me. I am not a NIMBY. This place is, IMHO, too near a school, and slap bang in a busy residential area. It could be moved a few streets away to an area that is mostly business/industrial, about 5 minutes walk away.

Ah right .... keep'em away from your backyard and that of others. Out of sight is out of mind eh?

That is not what I said, and you know fine well it is not. I have stated that I think these projects are a necessity, I just personally feel this one's in quite an unsuitable location. You obviously don't have a problem with it, that's absolutely fine, just don't go putting words into my mouth.
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Roxburgh wrote:
cell wrote:How about in the backyard of whoever agreed to fund it and thought it was a wise move to concentrate all this individuals in one location?

Well why not? Their as good a place as any surely, as long as they're not near schools IMHO. And I do believe there is some sort of project like this* somewhere in the Great Western Road/Cecil Street area, again, I feel unsuitable because of it's proximity to both Hillhead Primary and High.

*I think it's a homeless project rather than a particular addiction based one. But I'm not 100% sure of the details.
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:55 pm

lynnski wrote:That is not what I said, and you know fine well it is not.

But that is what it sounds like.
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:40 pm

lynnski wrote: I am not a NIMBY.

I claim mai five pounds!
::): ::):
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cell » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Roxburgh wrote:

What I really meant was round the back of the City Chambers or Holyrood, so that the idiots who granted the funds could experience the pleasures of being accosted by those that “are unwilling or unable to engage with services on a planned or consistent basis and have expressed a view that they will continue to drink alcohol “ or do you think that might give the wrong impression to the tourists to have them in a city centre?

I’m surprised that no one seems concerned about the level of resources that this project has been given, if we’re being honest they are lost causes, better to spend the money on alcohol education for the young and youth facilities to encourage them to have a bit of self worth.
cell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:34 pm

So what do you suggest happens to these people? Do we just leave them out on the streets?
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Roxburgh wrote:So what do you suggest happens to these people? Do we just leave them out on the streets?

No ma street!! ::): No, we cannot simply leave them. I don't feel anybody is a waste of resources, no even my loser uncle, but sometimes I get annoyed by it all.

Roxburgh wrote:
lynnski wrote:That is not what I said, and you know fine well it is not.

But that is what it sounds like.

Well you're not reading it properly, I have made my views on the subject clear.
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:38 pm

HollowHorn wrote:
lynnski wrote: I am not a NIMBY.

I claim mai five pounds!
::): ::):

I wondered if anybody would notice that! ::):
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:23 pm

lynnski wrote:Well you're not reading it properly, I have made my views on the subject clear.

You certainly have :idea:
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 pm

So where is the nearest 'Copland Court' to your neck of the woods, Roxy? :roll:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Roxburgh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:44 pm

HollowHorn wrote:So where is the nearest 'Copland Court' to your neck of the woods, Roxy? :roll:

The Chip pub springs to mind. :mrgreen:
Roxburgh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:53 am

lynnski wrote:Eh whit? Where have transvestites been mentioned?

lynnski wrote: ..............can't have jakeys floating around near all the TV types, can we now!! ::): ........................ :evil:
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 am

lynnski wrote:
Roxburgh wrote:

Well why not? Their as good a place as any surely, as long as they're not near schools IMHO. And I do believe there is some sort of project like this* somewhere in the Great Western Road/Cecil Street area, again, I feel unsuitable because of it's proximity to both Hillhead Primary and High.
*I think it's a homeless project rather than a particular addiction based one. But I'm not 100% sure of the details.

What's the problem about having a homeless/ addiction unit in the vacinity of a school? Are you suggesting that the residents (perhaps you'd prefer we called them inmates) are all paedophiles?

Even the current work on the understandably thorny issue of the housing of registered sex offenders seems to fail to take account of the nature of the offence and seems to treat the proximity of a school as reason enough to refuse a tenancy to any convicted sex offender, even if his/ her record suggest their victim, assuming they go on to reoffend) is far more likely to be a middle aged woman or a drunken student led away from a pub.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:29 pm

Onny, my worry about the proximity to schools is the fact that I don't think wee weans should be witnessing these events. Children have lost a lot of their innocence as it is, I don't like the idea that they see this kind of behaviour. I've seen some nasty behaviour and I am apprehensive, as an adult. Grown men pissing in the street, throwing bucky bottles about, shouting at other jakeys, shouting up at windows (do they not know how to use buzzers?), verbally abusing the shopkeeper next door...

There was a mum and wee girl walking past a few weeks ago, and the wee girl was wearing a Celtic top. A right manky looking guy confronted the wee girl, not the mum, and said, 'If I ever see you wearing that fucking top again I'll fucking rip you'. Thankfully the wee lassie was only about 3 so had no idea what the guy had said to her but she was still scared, and quite rightly so. The mum said something like, 'leave my wean alone' but I didn't hear her exactly. Then they crossed the road and got away from him, and I went into the tube. I was quite worried by this.

I do not think this much needed and necessary project is in the right location. That's my opinion. Is that plain enough for yeese?
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)