Pollokshaws

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Pollokshaws

Postby mr moto » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:47 am

well the fences are up, but i still have serious doubt,s about the mutli at 12 riverford road being blown up , look how close it is to the maisonette,s on the other side 8O in the little alleyway you can stand in the middle with both arms stretched out and almost touch both sides .
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Blueboy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:33 pm

Sorry to break up the demolition thread, so to speak, but can anyone hazard a guess at where this scene was painted from?
Image courtesy of National Trust for Scotland/The Glasgow Story

That's Mansewood Road snaking up past the Kirk and Auldhouse on the right.
I reckon it must be from near what is now Cowglen golf club on Kennishead road.
Blueboy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby OLDFART » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:16 pm

hillpark would be quick guess
OLDFART
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Peekay » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:31 pm

I reckon you're right BB! You'ld need to take a daunder up the road with a copy of the picture to get a better idea though. I've tried Google Earth and it only really confirms somewhere at the start of the Kennyheid Rd

@OF- It's painted from the opposite direction to Hillpark. That's the hill that becomes Hillpark
(post Torys' Haven/Torshaven?) directly behind the Kirk. The valley to the left of M/wood Rd is now the flight of stairs up the side of the Hovis Witness hall.

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby OLDFART » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:16 am

there is woods at beginning of Kenishead which is on a hill, the hill would have been larger as bottom of Kennishead road and pedestrian railway bridge are almost same level.
OLDFART
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:49 pm

A wee tweety birdie had told me that the demolitions have been put back till March 2008, two will be coming down at the one time and they will be blow downs.

I shall keep you informed if i hear more :wink:
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby OLDFART » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:39 am

brilliant i know just the vantage piont to stick camera :mrgreen:
OLDFART
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mr moto » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 am

BIG surprise ! :roll: :roll: the demolition has been put back to april not march . got this , public relation,s sh**e through the post today

this is the preferred option chosen by the local community it say,s :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: aye right !
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:57 pm

aye, chosen by the local community. I like it how they think that just because you don't face the blocks that you have no input into your local community. I was told by the consultation company way way back that they wouldnt give me any information as it doesnt concern me!!!!

I think i'll be going to have a peek around on Saturday ;)
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mr moto » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:03 pm

spotted these guy,s at the old clock tower today , now i wonder what they were up to ?
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:33 pm

hopefully fixing the time, things been at 12:15 for god knows how long!

Went to the thing on sat, waste of time. How about they just send the bloomin new shaws post out in time to all residents and tell them whats happening!

although I did get a free pencil ;)
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mr moto » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:07 pm

yeah, i too went along on saturday . it was all utterly pointless , nothing more than another public relations stunt that served no other purpose than to allow them to say , look, we did involve the local,s ,look , we had an exhibition at the local library for a FEW HOURS,ONE DAY ! :roll: if they were even remotely serious about keeping the local,s informed and up to date with all the latest news, they could simply put up a notice board in the library ,where we could go along ANYTIME ! we liked , not just for a few hours ,one day ! . and every time i asked a question , it was met with the answer ....possibly , maybe , perhap,s , we will have to wait and see . maybe aye , maybe naw . :roll:
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby smartie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:41 pm

mr moto wrote:spotted these guy,s at the old clock tower today , now i wonder what they were up to ?

Looks like a bit of a wind up to me !! :wink:
smartie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mr moto » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:43 pm

some progress shot,s of the demolition,s prep work , at my old flat ,12 riverford road . you can see that they are clearing away all the internal wall,s . there are several large skip load,s of debris being taken away almost all the time now .
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mr moto » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:20 pm

the local GHA office has put up this map of the exclusion zone that will be used on the day of the demolitions in april .
the two grey/black rectangular block,s in the middle are the two multi,s at 12 riverford road and 21 riverbank street , which are both set to be blown down on the same day ! . the blue line represents the full exclusion zone , it is a huge area !
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects