photo stitching / panoramas

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Smartalex » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:23 pm

Very nice GB. 8)

And Welcome on board. :)
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowbee » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:03 pm

heres a smaller version to view in a oner, the full version can be zoomed and panned from here

glasgowbee
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Jazza » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:24 pm

glasgowbee wrote:heres a smaller version to view in a oner, the full version can be zoomed and panned from here

Very nice!

Where was it taken from - i think its on the hills behind Mount Florida / Hampden as the stadium is quite near the foreground of the image?
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Schiehallion » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:13 pm

It's the Cathkin Braes above Castlemilk.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Jazza » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:20 pm

cheers.
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby glasgowbee » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:48 pm

TAFKAC wrote:Very nice!

Where was it taken from - i think its on the hills behind Mount Florida / Hampden as the stadium is quite near the foreground of the image?

Schiehallion wrote:It's the Cathkin Braes above Castlemilk

I didnt even move my lips.... :P

It was taken as said up at Cathkin Braes, and is composed of 52 pictures taken with a 300mm lens at f22 giving the superb depth of focus. The images took three months to digitally stitch together, I am trying to get a grant to print the picture up at its full size which would be 4"x28" and to try and get it hung in gallery so people can walk along it...I can but hope!
glasgowbee
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Alex Glass » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:40 pm

glasgowbee wrote:
TAFKAC wrote:Very nice!

Schiehallion wrote:It's the Cathkin Braes above Castlemilk

I didnt even move my lips.... :P

It was taken as said up at Cathkin Braes, and is composed of 52 pictures taken with a 300mm lens at f22 giving the superb depth of focus. The images took three months to digitally stitch together, I am trying to get a grant to print the picture up at its full size which would be 4"x28" and to try and get it hung in gallery so people can walk along it...I can but hope!

Are you a member of any local groups glasgowbee? There are grants available through the Local Area Committees. Have toy contacted anyone regarding a possible commission for using the images? I am sure there are some organisations who may consider this.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowbee » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:16 pm

I showed it too my local councillor who was impressed and tried to get some bod in the council to look at it, but they didnt want too.

I am hopeless at marketting so if you have any ideas please feel free to e-mail me or to post them up here.

what do you mean by local groups? I am a member of nothing, I just take my pictures and hope that oneday someone will see what i do and offer me some dosh for it

I think its an amazing picture, so anyone with a few marketting skills, or contacts please step forward
glasgowbee
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby McShad » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 am

Click on the picture for silly size... its worth the wait for it loading :D

McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby udrigle » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:12 pm

This is a panorama taken from the new footpaths behind the new houses of parkhouse road. The M77 and Deaconsbank are to the left and Barrhead High school is on the right. The woods in the middle are Waulkmill Glen, which hopefully will be part of the new Darnley Mills country park. Well worth a walk through, up to the dams.

udrigle
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby udrigle » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:16 pm

It was meant to be a bigger photo, does anyone know what i do to change the size?
udrigle
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby AlanM » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:40 am

udrigle wrote:It was meant to be a bigger photo, does anyone know what i do to change the size?

Go to the photo page in Flickr, click on all sizes, choose the size you want (probably large, since that one's medium) and copy the address of the pic over from the 2nd text box.
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:24 am

glasgowbee wrote:I showed it too my local councillor who was impressed and tried to get some bod in the council to look at it, but they didnt want too.

I am hopeless at marketting so if you have any ideas please feel free to e-mail me or to post them up here.

what do you mean by local groups? I am a member of nothing, I just take my pictures and hope that oneday someone will see what i do and offer me some dosh for it

I think its an amazing picture, so anyone with a few marketting skills, or contacts please step forward

Do you know there was already one on the market, a big framed one, by a guy called Fraser Halkett a few years ago identical to your own getting sold in the Glasgow picture shops?

Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby udrigle » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:45 pm

Thanks Schehallion, hopefully this works, Image
udrigle
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby glasgowbee » Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:42 pm

Schiehallion wrote:
glasgowbee wrote:I showed it too my local councillor who was impressed and tried to get some bod in the council to look at it, but they didnt want too.

Do you know there was already one on the market, a big framed one, by a guy called Fraser Halkett a few years ago identical to your own getting sold in the Glasgow picture shops?

Have to be honest, I have seen this but my picture much larger at 1ft by 7ft (at 450dpi)and was the result of digitally stitching 52 pictures taken with a canon 300mm lens at f22, so the definition in my picture blows the other one out of the water (you can see the sheep in the field to the north of Glasgow in my picture) plus my panorama goes from Erskine Bridge to Parkhead and was taken on a beautiful may afternoon showing the warmth of the city with a blue sky and clouds not the morning light of a winter morning of the other picture. I have had a slice printed at 4ft high and the resolution holds, a 6ft or even 8ft high version of mine would print no problem.
glasgowbee
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Sharing