INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Ronnie » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:10 pm

Hi Chinaski (that wouldn't be an alias for Bukowski, would it? 8) ). Welcome to HG. Looking forward to reading your posts ...
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:25 pm

Chinaski
welcome to
HG.com

Fossil- :)
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby JamesMc » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:57 pm

Hello everyone, James here, just registering to join in the fun. I've been reading the site for about a year now, so i thought i'd finally get involved. I'm originally from Govan, moved to the west end for my uni years and am now back on the south side in the Gorbals. I'm particularly interested in the Gorbals, and i've taken a fair few pics recently, hope to be able to post them. I was wondering how i post pics, i've read about the photobucket thing, not entirely sure how it works. Could anyone talk me through it?
Thanks. :wink:
I see dead buildings...
JamesMc
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:04 pm

Welcome to the site James... happy posting :D

Crusty
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby mrlipring » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:28 pm

Ello folks :)

I'm 23, originally from Kilmarnock, but i've been living in Mount florida, then Shawlands, for the last year and a bit.

I've been reading the boards and this stuff fascinates me a lot, although my girlfriend was kinda worried that i was becoming obsessed with tunnels until i took her to the back of buchanan galleries yesterday afternoon and she saw what i was going on about. I'm gonna try and get some investigating done sometime soon, but i make films and we're about to start shooting in a few weeks so my investigation will be put on hold for a bit :)
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:46 pm

JamesMc mrlipring

welcome to HG.com. enjoy

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Chinaski » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:07 pm

Ronnie wrote:Hi Chinaski (that wouldn't be an alias for Bukowski, would it? 8) ).

Top literary marks to you, my learned friend 8)
Chinaski
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby YokerBloke » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:04 pm

I've known about this site for a while now. But this is the first time I've actually looked through it!!! I've been in here ALL afternoon! The Photograph section is great!

Now I know why I bought that Digi Camera! There's a few places I'm gonna snap away at.
http://www.tracertong.co.uk
YokerBloke
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duncan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:01 pm

JamesMc wrote:I was wondering how i post pics, i've read about the photobucket thing, not entirely sure how it works. Could anyone talk me through it?

you take photos. if they're on a digital camera, transfer them to your computer. if they're film, scan them in to your computer.
Use Photoshop or any other image editing software (there's lots of free ones available) to resize your photo to something acceptable (72 dpi, 640 x 480 is reasonable), and make any other improvements they might need.
Create a Photobucket account, and upload the images from your computer to there.
Use the Img button in this forum for linking to the photos in your Photobucket account.
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JamesMc » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:55 pm

Thanks Duncan,
I got a couple of personal messages from the moderators explaining about the photobucket account. I'm just waiting for a spare moment to set one up, at the moment they are only taking registrations between 2-4 am/pm. I have photos on my computer ready to go as soon as i can register with pb.
Ta for the advice though!
I see dead buildings...
JamesMc
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby StevenJ » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:14 pm

Hi,

I have been lurking for a month or two now, so would like to indroduce myself :)

I found the site after searching for information on the Railway through the Botanical Gardens. As a bit of a rail entusiast - I was amazed at all the former railways in/around Glasgow, and am now obsessed by it 8O

In finding the railway information, I also found the tram network cativating, an have already bought two books on the Glasgow Trams.....

so, between now and my next post, I'd like to thank everyone who has posted in the past and made HG such a useful mine of information. Makes you wonder how people managed without the internet eh?

oh, and no I'm not living in Glasgow yet, but the G/F does - hence the reason I spend so many hours here.

S.
StevenJ
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DMcNay » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:28 pm

Fossil usually does the welcomes, but he's been a bit quiet of late, so welcome to the forums StevenJ. 8)
Too few hours in the day.
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lonewooolf » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:40 am

Hi all, many of you may know me from http://www.UER.ca
For those taht don't my nmae is Alex and I'm into the paranormal in a big way, combine that with Urban Exploring and you get Ghost Hunts! :>
Have met some new friends through the UER site and hope to do the same here.
Anyone with a likeminded interest please feel free to PM me, if you fancy attending a Ghost Hunt one evening.
Nothing planned just yet, as too busy trying to get my website bang up to date etc.
http://www.ghosthunters.org.uk
Er wait, that wasn't a singles add ... :oops:
Follow The White Rabbit
Keep An Open Mind
lonewooolf
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Fake Plastic Steve » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:08 am

Hey

Im Steve, Im friends with Plastic Del
I know turbo as well

I got bored tonight so finally decided to join
"Im away....If i dont come back..avenge my death!"
Fake Plastic Steve
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby kn0wledge » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:16 pm

Didn't I meet you at Hartwood in May? You, Del and that big stupid fucker who started kicking the walls. The arsehole.
Eat a ham for Jesus.
kn0wledge
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)