Hidden Britain?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Hidden Britain?

Postby Sharon » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:00 am

Perhaps a new umbrella site (hiddenscotland, hiddenuk....etc) is needed to broaded the scope of the HiddenGlasgow project?

Any thoughts?

Sharon
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby scott » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:18 pm

i have a link on my site to hidden glasgow - im still working on putting in the bigger pictures so it aint completely sorted yet! work just keeps interfering with my interests!!

if anyone else has a website that they would like me to add, then please email me -- [email protected]

also, if anyone finds themselves down in these parts and fancies a guided tour of anywhere, or just requires more information, again, feel free to contact me!

take care all!
its better to have looked and got lost, than never to have looked at all.
scott
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby scott » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:23 pm

ps......my site can be found at www.uksub.com

:wink:
its better to have looked and got lost, than never to have looked at all.
scott
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Apollo » Mon May 31, 2004 10:02 am

Yes, I'd like to see the introduction of classified areas, perhaps by region or smaller breakdown e.g. Central, Argyll, Dumfries and Galloway etc.

I get the impression there is a lot of good info coming into HG, but it seems to get lost because there is no generic slot to post it into.

I'm sure there's plenty of hidden goodies around the country looking for a home.

For example, I have the location of an overgrown and lost hidden decoy city on a nearby island, no-one has documented it to my knowledge (it is also inside an SSI) so I want to have a go at it. Presently, if I wanted to post the findings here, there's not really anywhere logical to do it, except in a general area, where it would be quickly 'lost' (irony icon)
Last edited by Apollo on Mon May 31, 2004 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon May 31, 2004 10:43 am

Would classified areas within the Aound teh UK forum be a start?
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby germistonguy » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:07 pm

Sharon wrote:Would classified areas within the Aound teh UK forum be a start?

Definitely be welcome. I live on South Coast of England (Hampshire/Dorset) and have not found any web sites which point me in the direction of places worth exploring/photographing. You are spoiled in the big cities, where the infrastructure is so big that things are often forgotten, waiting to be rediscovered. The biggest 'city' down this way is Southampton, which is fast becoming like Basingstoke (no disrespect to anyone living there). I have yet to visit Portsmouth though.

The UK umbrella site, split into regions is a great idea for us expats, who can't always make it to Glasgow for the various outings and hopefully it would encourage parallel communities in each of the classified areas. It might also encourage visits south of the border for those still in Glasgow.

Hope its making sense
germistonguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:57 pm

Sounds like a good idea.

I'd like to do some exploring esp in London but a bit stuck as I don't know many people and where to start to be honest. My particular geek bit being the underground, especially the buildings.
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby aliferste » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:07 pm

scott wrote:ps......my site can be found at www.uksub.com

:wink:

I always get redirected to the 123 reg page!!
aliferste
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Hidden Britain?

Postby SnakeCorp » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:06 pm

Sharon wrote:Perhaps a new umbrella site (hiddenscotland, hiddenuk....etc) is needed to broaded the scope of the HiddenGlasgow project?

Any thoughts?

Sharon

Funnily enough, I thought of that the first time I visited the HG site! Not a bad idea...

Dave
SnakeCorp
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby mrlipring » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:53 am

Yep, i think it'd be an idea. Not sure what kinda response you'd get, and it'd end up cliquey.
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:36 pm

scott wrote:i have a link on my site to hidden glasgow - im still working on putting in the bigger pictures so it aint completely sorted yet! work just keeps interfering with my interests!!

if anyone else has a website that they would like me to add, then please email me -- [email protected]

also, if anyone finds themselves down in these parts and fancies a guided tour of anywhere, or just requires more information, again, feel free to contact me!

take care all!

Hi Scott,

I am often in Bristol as I frequently pass through on my way to Wales/Salisbury. I will take you up on your kind offer of info next time I am down that way.

Cheers

w
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:35 pm

Hidden Bristol / West Country

I'm flagging this thread up because it's been two years since...

I know I rattle on about that part of the world and it's not always appropriate to this site. I hope that one day the franchise will extend to that west-coast port city and 'round abouts; there's plenty in common even if the humour and accent is different.

I've got plenty to help it going if the will in Bristol and Bath is there. Cotswolds, Mendip Hills and Wiltshire market towns...

'Right me babber? :)

Any takers?
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Digitographer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:43 pm

I wish every city had a site like this - clearly, there is a vast amount of knowledge and information out there and I have no reason to think Glasgow is unusual in that. Except that we have a site to capture it all :)
Will
www.askyofhoney.com
Digitographer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Bridie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:59 am

BrigitDoon wrote:Hidden Bristol / West Country

I know I rattle on about that part of the world and it's not always appropriate to this site. I hope that one day the franchise will extend to that west-coast port city and 'round abouts; there's plenty in common even if the humour and accent is different.

I've got plenty to help it going if the will in Bristol and Bath is there. Cotswolds, Mendip Hills and Wiltshire market towns...

Any takers?

Hi Brigit
I used to live in Cornwall - magic/stunning/ Kernow :D You would often find hidden mysterious places there just by turning off a country lane!
However I have never been to other parts of the West Country ie Bristol . Would love to know more of the area for a visit.
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:18 pm

Bridie wrote:
BrigitDoon wrote:Hidden Bristol / West Country

Any takers?

Hi Brigit
I used to live in Cornwall - magic/stunning/ Kernow :D You would often find hidden mysterious places there just by turning off a country lane!
However I have never been to other parts of the West Country ie Bristol . Would love to know more of the area for a visit.

Most of my aunts, uncles and cousins are from Portishead, near Bristol, and I remember spending many happy weeks there when I was a kid. Sadly, that was nearly 40 years ago now, so my memories are somewhat blurred by time!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Around the World