Goodfoot at The Admiral Friday 18th May

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Goodfoot at The Admiral Friday 18th May

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed May 16, 2007 7:52 am

Goodfoot returns to the Admiral, 72a Waterloo St, Glasgow, G2 7DA, on Friday 18th May from 11 till 3.. We’re downstairs in the Hold which is a great venue with a polished wooden dance floor, comfortable seating, reasonably priced drink and great bar staff. We’ve got a good sound system and lots of Northern Soul, Rare Motown and occasional bits of funk, reggae and Hammond grooves to play. Admission is £5 for the excellent Goodfoot crew and surprise guests.

http://www.theadmiralbar.com/location.htm

Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Otis » Wed May 16, 2007 12:10 pm

My wife & I are staying overnight in Glasgow on that date,is it open to all as i would like to come along??.. :)
Otis
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed May 16, 2007 2:54 pm

It is open to anyone with £5 in their hand and an appreciation of rare soul. They let me in for a start.

From the New York Times

On the third Friday of every month, this spot offers a party called Goodfoot, which features the northern soul sound, a particularly British mish-mash with roots in American soul music. Everyone, from the young women in black-framed glasses and tight tank tops to the 55-year-old men in suits, gets up and dances, and by the time we had had enough, after 3 a.m., even Glasgow's streets seemed to be quieting down a bit.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Forum Archive