In the bin Please

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby onyirtodd » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:34 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:It is FA to do with terrorism other than dodging cleaning a station and providing less of a service. You could make a bin out of explosives if you could be arsed. Given the shit that's left on atrain why be a suicide bomber when you could leave a devise in a kebab wrapper and it would lie there till the train went back to the depot.

Is there no' a wee bit of racial stereotyping about that Dexter?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:38 pm

Absolutely. it's the white neddish coneverts that you've got to look out for. they're invisible.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:42 pm

Especially since I was referring more to the days of the IRA, NOT specifically Muslim/Asian men in turbans. Foxacke Dexter!! Dinny put words in my mouth!!

You say, "why be a suicide bomber", well, because they are brainwashed by so-called 'religious leaders' into doing it in the beleif they will receive a Martyrs reward, 50 virgins I think it is. Or as Frankie Boyle says, 'I'll gee ye 2 wummin fae Dundee!! ::):

Onny, I haven't seen any bins in rail/bus stations as of yet, I'll keep me eyes open.
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby theduke » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:06 pm

They've got the wire bins with the clear plastic bags inside at Bellgrove & Duke Street stations, maybe its just the suburban stations they're putting them out in, as there aren't any at Charing X or Queen Street.

John
Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
theduke
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

IRA "Nice terrorists"

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:47 pm

Pakora, Kebabs and chips out the Noodle bar are all fast foods mostly consumed by white Glaswegians who do use trains at night and deposit their wrappers on the floor of the carriage along with empty Buckfast WKD bottles.

The only ethnic minority that I know who eat kebabs are protestants in Royston.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sunflower » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:10 pm

What is it with Glasgow and rubbish?

There's a block in Ibrox where they're completely refurbishing the Victorian tenements (Elizabeth Street/Ibrox Street), and I mean completely, more like a total internal rebuild, residents are out for months. Great opportunity to sort out the trad sandstone buildings for life in the 21st century.

Except - - - - The best system they could come up with for dealing with the rubbish from these new improved, insulated, centrally heated, double glazed, rebathroomed, modernised dwellings is (you'll never guess) -

- great wheeled bins padlocked in place on the (not very wide) pavement. They're already accumulating black bags round their outsides waiting to get kicked, scratched, bitten to bits and their contents strewn along the street.

I'm losing the will to live.

(This thread belongs on Ought-to-be-Hidden Glasgow....)
Sunflower
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby KonstantinL » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:18 am

I was on the underground the other day sitting across from an old woman.

First she took some batteries out a bag, threw the plastic bag on to the floor of the carraige, then the cardboard container of the batteries followed the bag on to the floor. Then she went into her handbag and took out boiled sweets (what else!) and the plastic wrappers of the sweets went on to the floor as well. This one old woman made the train a complete tip.

I was ragin' (as they say) but I didn't want to be seen by a trainful of people to be yelling curses at an old woman so in the end I didn't say anything.

On a seperate note I was away hiking last week and at some point a bottle of Lucozade must have feel out one of the side pouches so there must be a plastic Lucozade bottle littering the slopes of Beinn Chabheir. I feel awful about it! It only takes a thousand years for these things to biodegrade. I might have to go back and look for it at some stage in my life to make up for it!
KonstantinL
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:33 pm

What you need is really confrontational signs, like these (on most bins in Stornoway!):

Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby brickwall » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:40 am

We've just had my dad's old uni friends from Malaysia over and we got that horrific saying......"You have a beautiful city......but the litter?"

Very, very embarrassing when you are trying to show the city off.

Note: My dad's mate who was here in the 50's said back then the city was grimey, but not filthy with rubbish. He was quite perplexed as to how things had changed for the better and for the worse :?
eh?
brickwall
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:33 am

onyirtodd wrote:Bulk uplift is fine when it works.

Locally the bulk uplift day is Friday but even just from my window I can see a fridge, a fridge-freezer and two televisions all of which have been there since Thursday evening :x

They're all still there and have been joined by another fridge and a telly :(
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:06 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:Bulk uplift is fine when it works.

Locally the bulk uplift day is Friday but even just from my window I can see a fridge, a fridge-freezer and two televisions all of which have been there since Thursday evening :x

They're all still there and have been joined by another fridge and a telly :(

They've gone. Today. Hurrah!
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby bluepeterno1 » Wed May 02, 2007 9:21 pm

You usually see televisions and video recorders lying in the streets of govan after rangers have a bad result.

bluepeterno1
bluepeterno1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Luco » Tue May 08, 2007 2:27 pm

You know what really annoys me, the nonchalant way that both kids and adults throw their litter to the ground, they just peel off and drop it.

Not a thought goes through their mind to actually stick it in a bin or their pocket until they get home.

My father and I were talking about this just this morning, when he said he was amazed bythe amount of adults who indulge in this.
Luco
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby bluepeterno1 » Tue May 08, 2007 3:01 pm

makes you wonder what has happened to the law about litter ,and why it is no longer enforced .I go to turkey twice a year and you hardly ever see litter , and they have no litter bins, everything is put into old carrier bags at the side of the road and a wee guy comes along with a barrow and collects it .

bluepeterno1
bluepeterno1
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Otis » Tue May 08, 2007 5:16 pm

Seems to be a national disease,even on the beaches.. Here (Bute) they have regular beach clean-ups & i would say you would be amazed at what is washed up but you probably wouldnt..Condoms,sanitary towels,the cab of a JCB & half a dead horse to name a few... :roll:
Otis
First Stripe
First Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)