Violence in General

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Schiehallion » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:58 am

You'll get it in the shop next door to Marjorie's Wool Shop on Holmlea Road across fron the start of Cathcart Road.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:49 am

The hoem page is not worth a click http://www.thedigger.info/

Some mentions of the digger

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/article/300605/banned_newsletter_editor

Another mention from an idiot who does not appear to realise tales from teh Poice Courts in The Weekly News were fiction.

http://www.scotland.com/forums/scottish-politics/24763-digger.html

The lay out was atrocious with stories spread over three pages and not necessarly in page order. Their naming and shaming extended to minor breaches of the peace committed by pensioners and obvious alcoholics. on the other hand if you want to find out about soem of the recent carry ons in the Notrth of Glasgow you needed the digger. The best feature was about some criminal who was a suspect in a case and the The Digger provided an Artists Impression of him . Well that was how they described a photograph of a turd with peering out from under baseball cap. Yes an actual turd.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Smartalex » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:08 pm

Who's been stealing mine and fossy's Wee Paton Graffiti pics for other Forums, Thevin' B******S. ::):

Or does someone on here have an alter ego called GypsumFantastic. :? :wink:
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Violence in General

Postby Simba » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:45 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:I see someone got shot in the leg in a Maryhill Road on Friday, which is next to my new flat. One of the reasons I sought to leave my home town was to escape violence and fear, yet I find this quite exciting!

Does everyone feel safe and also, has violence come close to your street, tenement, dungeon etc?

Someone told me that yesterday, where about was it? Down by Lidl I think my friend said. As long as it's not too near where my flat is although not on Maryhill Road!
Simba
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DVF » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:25 pm

Funny, I was thinking of starting a thread about The Digger. No need now!

That shooting. Was it in the same place as the drive by shooting a couple of weeks ago? Trying to finish the job off?

Is it connected to the shootings in the garage (where I bought my first car) and fire in Balmore Road? I used to hang around there, Milton has been swarming with armed police ever since.

These are connected to the shooting in Bishopbriggs a couple of weeks before, and the shooting in the east end somewhere before that, again connected with the shooting in Cumbernauld before that, although we're into last summer now I think.

It's all a big drugs war. The shooters are going after specific people, so the general public should be relatively safe. Just don't get involved!!!

About The Digger. Did it cover any of these events? I've not been getting it for a while.
The hill goes up and down.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:17 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:Have you never seen 'The Digger?'

It's a homemade newspaper which does the rounds in the North of the City. The publisher keeps a low profile and prints the names of drug dealers etc.

the man in question used to be a press officer in the courts but due to his writing articles on corruption in the police and stepping on judges and sheriff`s toes he became quite a marked man , thats probably keeps a low profile , ive seen him around the sheriff court a few times, usually when a high profile case comes up
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:44 pm

I will try not to get involved in all this shotgun madness, but my formative years studying the lyrics to Iron Maiden songs mean I will use my Jackie Chan 'fast-feet' skills to take these fellas down. And when I say down, I don't mean up. I literally mean down.
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby Josef » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:49 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:I will try not to get involved in all this shotgun madness, but my formative years studying the lyrics to Iron Maiden songs mean I will use my Jackie Chan 'fast-feet' skills to take these fellas down. And when I say down, I don't mean up. I literally mean down.

Are they allergic to feathers then? One makes one's get-away whilst they are sneezing, or what?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby KonstantinL » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:09 pm

There was a murder just across the street on the 27th December.

Some guy in a wheelchair got kicked to death in his home. Didn't even make the LOCAL newspaper.

The third murder on or close to my street in the last five years.

KonstantinL
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Timchilli » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:05 pm

Smartalex wrote:I once was watching Booze Britain on Sky Tv one night and it was in Glasgow they were following a ambulance crew around and the were called to a stabbing outside my house on the otherside of the street, My bedroom window faces that way and i did'nt hear anything and I was living here I recognised my Curtains. 8O

Was that the same episode where it followed a bunch of dressed neds around the city centre? Aggressive wee shites with diamonique earrings and some of the most face-achingly repulsive coupons. Typically, they went to Wetherspoons and then off to Jumpin' Jacks. Classy as you like.

One of them clocked some random punter just because he was on camera. Poor guy split his head open on the pavement.

Tim
»»» Timelapse : Glasgow «««

»»» A History of Scotstoun ««« (UPDATED: 26 June 2007)
Timchilli
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Smartalex » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:10 pm

::): Aye, That's the one, the ned that the ambulance guys came to see did'ny want to go to hospital and walked off down the street. :roll:

Saying, It's cool man a'll huv the scars. :?

That's dafties for you these days.
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions