Forum Upgrade - Login Problems

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Forum Upgrade - Login Problems

Postby Jazza » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:16 am

Having trouble logging in to the new forums? Getting bumped off as soon as you login?

Try deleting you HiddenGlasgow cookies and the problem *should* be resolved.

In Internet Explorer(7)

Tools > Internet Options > General > Browsing History > Settings > View Files

Click 'Internet Address' to bring cookies to the top, find any that mention hiddenglasgow and delete then.

In Firefox:

Tools > Options > Privacy > Show Cookies

Search for 'hidden' and delete all the cookies listed, then try accessing the forums again.

Alternatively (with both browsers) just delete all browsing history / cache / files - but then you might lose some setting for other websites.
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Upgrade - Login Problems

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:30 am

Thanks for the email recieved regarding this problem and it partially or temporarily solved the problem. However, just immediately after posting something in one of the rooms, the post entered fine and then I was kicked back out again. I had to go through the process of deleting the cookie all over again to get this message online. Obviously having to do that constantly is a hassle and one that I would give up with.

I probably will not be able to log back in to read responses to this, but if others are having the same problem they may well realise they are not alone or can they read this either?

Such a shame after upgrading the site that such problems should be encountered.
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:53 pm

Test post only...After the follow up advice, I have once again posted and this time remained logged on.
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mr moto » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:43 pm

hooray ! i followed the above advice and am now logged in, :D thank,s i too, kept logging in , only to be booted out instantly .
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:16 am

I seem to be having problems logging into Hidden Glasgow. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? I haven't received the 'banned page' but each time I return to HG it is kicking me off. Done all the usual things but nothing is working. Managed to get here after a 50 minute wait - anyone else having problems?
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:08 pm

There were a few wee database problems with the site which should now have been resolved. Dunno if this would have caused login problems, thats usually more cookie related. But you never know. So hopefully your login issues have been solved too?
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Forum Help and Issues