Help with new thread

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Help with new thread

Postby Dugald » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:46 pm

*cough* ^^^ thread title *hint Glasgow*

My Kitten, I hope I am not being a bit too presumptuous in taking it upon myself to start a new thread while still just in the process of getting my feet wet on 'hidden glasgow'. Yes Madam Moderator, what does something that happened off the coast of Malaya have to do with bombs over Glasgow in WWII... your suggestion makes very good sense.

I set out here with the intention of posting a new thread named "World War II", under "Other Stuff", but I haven't had any success. Perhaps you could help me with this.

Cheers, Dugald.
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlanM » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:54 pm

Dugald,
to start a new thread just click on the section you want to place the thread in and then click on the "new topic" button (near the top of the page on the left). Don't forget to put in the subject and press submit when you're done

HTH
Alan
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:54 pm

no probs Dugald, madame indeed!

Thread here for you http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=93438#93438
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:23 pm

AlanM wrote:Dugald,
to start a new thread just click on the section you want to place the thread in and then click on the "new topic" button (near the top of the page on the left). Don't forget to put in the subject and press submit when you're done

HTH
Alan

I always thought you were a bit strange Alan but answering to madam moderator 8O
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlanM » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:41 pm

I was just being helpful :roll:
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dugald » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:18 pm

Kitten, in my earlier post I asked for help in posting a new thread named "World War II", under the section, "Other Stuff". What I have now is a thread in the "General Banter" section, under "Around the U.K." , which is called "World War II".

Is the coast of distant Malaya not as far removed for the U.K. as it was from Glasgow? This leads me to paraphrase your, " *cough* ^^^ thread title *hint Glasgow.* " to read , " *cough* ^^^ thread title *hint U.K.* ".

Ach Madam Moderator, I'm quite happy with where you put "World War II", I just wanted to make it clear to you that I'm still at the writing-with-pen-and-ink stage!

My thanks to you and Alan for your help. Cheers, Dugald.
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:38 am

Although I have god like powers, creating a new section on the board isnt one of them. :wink: ::):

PM me for help finding your feet and I'll try and point you in the right direction.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Forum Help and Issues