Let's be nice to newbies.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Let's be nice to newbies.

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:55 pm

monkey6 wrote:How do i upload pics straight to this page?
Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 pm
Thanks,

Dexter St. Clair wrote:on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:55 pm
First you may care to learn to upload a post just the once and maybe read some more of the post and mibbe try searching but here you go.

Where were all the goody two shoes when this clown posted his request. Processing
arty farty photos of Edinburgh? You had two hours to answer him before i pointed him in the right direction with a reminder of a request to would be contributors to use the search facility.

Then Gap 74 tears himself away from his his favourite topics of Parking Charges and pyromania to wring his hands. He cops a slap and in rides the Sheriff of Fractured Jaw to the rescue of a protected one. I'm all for care in the community but I think Gap can look after himself.

And now I'm threatened. What do I conclude here. That clowns who come on here and demand assistance without familiarising themselves with at least some of the posts need to be welcomed without having the piss taken out of him. And that complaining blasts from the past have to be heeded in case they stop commenting on fires.

You can treat this as a freedom of information request but let's see the PMs on this one. You can remove the names. Let's all have a laugh at the prissiness.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Let's be nice to newbies.

Postby HollowHorn » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Fair points.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby gap74 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:49 am

Kinda curious that you single me out and trawl through my post history for some cheap barbs, it's not like I'm the only one to have ever questioned your curmudgeonly armchair approach.

I haven't sent any PMs either - I merely tire of new members constantly being discouraged from ever returning.

As has been fretted over occasionally, this place, as a forum, has been in a bit of a decline for a while now, and I don't think it helps to forever be running off newbies with caustic jibes about trivial posting errors.

Let's be nice to newbies - well, aye, why not? Give me one good reason why they should get the cyber equivalent of a cattle prod as opposed a friendly pointer in the right direction? You seem pretty keen to enforce the "search before posting" caveat, but not so eager to follow the "be nice" part. Selective, no?

As for being somehow protected, am I sensing a touch of paranoia? I never had you down as a conspiracy theorist, Dex, I have no more sway in here than your good self. I've a pile of half-finished threads I'll get round to posting one day, but with returning new users thin on the ground, and even some mods barely dropping in these days, the incentive to knuckle down and write them up is pretty meagre for an ill-disciplined chap like myself.
gap74
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:52 am

This would be a wonderful thread if it stopped straight after the title. :)
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:54 am

As if it's only ever a choice between prissiness and being unpleasant for the fun of it. Describing newbies as clowns makes my point for me, to be honest.

And I was processing arty farty photos of Dundee, FYI.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby minxy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:33 am

Lucky Poet wrote:As if it's only ever a choice between prissiness and being unpleasant for the fun of it. Describing newbies as clowns makes my point for me, to be honest.

And I was processing arty farty photos of Dundee, FYI.

Lucky Poet wrote:Re: Slap that C*nt
It had turned into a personal fight, and some of what was posted was unacceptable. Do it via PM, please; if it's on here, it will be deleted.

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself
I feel quite content.

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself
I love the way the cute use of smileys can make any comment into a chummy statement.
For example: everything you post here makes you appear more and more like a poisonous cunt and everybody here would be happy if you fucked off forever and ever amen

See, and when you are fairly established, it gets better :D
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Forum Help and Issues