Oddities

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Oddities

Postby BTJustice » Fri May 16, 2014 1:54 pm

My all new film location website is here;
www.rewoundandfound.com

Check oot ma flickr page;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/route9autos/

For handmade jewellery, go to:
http://www.weegemjo.co.uk
BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri May 16, 2014 3:15 pm

what was that?
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Fri May 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Im thinking Dog or Fox and hoping its not the remains of a mutant snake.
www.rewoundandfound.com

BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Sat May 17, 2014 9:27 am

Badger
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:23 am

www.rewoundandfound.com

BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Otter ?
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:48 am

Volunteer here, a follow on to Hollow Horn's post of a dog driving a Ford Transit at the Barras. Spotted in Maryhill a dog in the drivers seat. It makes me wonder what licence they will hold. My Driving Licence has several CATS A, B, C and so on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Volunteer here, news just in. Due to Defence Cuts at Whitehall the Royal Navy is reducing the size of the Surface Fleet. In order to maintain Air Superiority an Aircraft Carrier suitably designed has been produced. The Miniature Ark Royal is able to carry two people and a couple of model aircraft. A spokesman for Airfix said he was pleased with what he saw. Truth is it is model of HMS Ark Royal sitting on a Mercury Boat Trailer. The Transit Van is an Ex-BT one from the days when BT ran a Grey Fleet. Great Idea especially on dark winter nights. The beauty is the colour Battleship Grey coincidently is the In colour used by the boys in Portsmouth. The Lady in the pic is sporting the new all ranks Matelot Uniform. Very fetching.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:28 pm

that should blow them oot the watter at the weekly sea battle re enactments down peasholm park next summer.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Volunteer here, yes banjo they’ll be shaking in their sea boots. Do you remember General Jumbo from the Beano comic? Next pics. Who didn't play with Lego as a child? Spotted at Newhouse in Lanarkshire these giant Lego blocks. To give them scale I put Maisy, that's the Morris Minor 1000 beside these concrete blocks. Having read up on the origin of the word Lego I found it is Latin for “I gather together”. Another piece of information is the Danish words “leg godt” which is defined as “play well”. This is getting too complicated, isn't it?
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:35 pm

Volunteer here, signs on some vehicles may be distracting. This humorous one reads. Hows My Driving? Don't worry my putting ain't great either. Makes you smile. The late Colin McCrae MBE Rally Driver's car sported a How's My Driving sticker. The telephone number to call was his own mobile, hope he used the Hands Free Kit when called.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Volunteer here, while serving in the military as a Sports Prevention Officer I encouraged personnel not to run, play badminton or go cycling. Now look a Fitness Takeaway service. What's that all about?
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:11 pm

Volunteer here, Evenin' All. pictured is one of the cities Police Boxes. In their day a very useful tool for the Polis. Beat Bobby's would access the box and use it for report writing and telephoning the local Police Station. The box was served by a telephone extension off the nearest Police Office switchboard. If the station wished to call the box they would ring the extension. The telephone would then ring, the light flash and the external bell would also ring. The external Bell is the gong mounted above the light. Local Bobby's would see the light or hear the bell and then make their way to the box and answer the call. The general public could also use the telephone by pulling open a door which had a spring that only the strongest person could overcome. Inside was a grill of Loud Speaking telephone which served its purpose. I know you are curious as to why the door which opens to access the Loud Speaking Telephone is paint red with white lettering and the remainder of the box is blue. The answer is simple. Originally the boxes were maintained by the General Post Office (GPO). When maintenance was taken over by the City of Glasgow Police Force they did not have any paint in Pillar Box Red. They did have plenty of Dark Blue Gloss the livery colour for Police vehicles of that era. Painting over the lettering was not a realistic option.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Volunteer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:20 pm

Volunteer here, yet another Doggy Driver. Look closely there is an Alsation in the rear compartment.
Volunteer
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BTJustice » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:54 pm

I was watching todays episode of 70's detective show The Rockford files and when they go to an outdoor restaurant in LA for lunch this was in the background;

Dave
www.rewoundandfound.com

BTJustice
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Sharing