2CV

Showcase your photographs - this will be split between Glasgow photography and everything else.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

2CV

Postby dazed_and_confused » Thu May 11, 2006 5:47 pm

Found this rusty old 2CV through a hole in a fence, off a wee alleyway in the west end last summer...

Looks rather sad to me. :(
Last edited by dazed_and_confused on Fri May 12, 2006 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I can't believe we drank the whole thing!
dazed_and_confused
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Thu May 11, 2006 7:40 pm

The way they should look like :P
Anyone see top gear on sunday there? they drove one behind a jet engine at full throttle :) :) :) :) tore it apart
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Thu May 11, 2006 7:51 pm

They never stop slagging off French cars (you ready for the backlash Crusty?) on Top Gear, bit of a cheek giving England doesnt really make any themselfs...
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby macca734 » Thu May 11, 2006 7:54 pm

MotoMad wrote:The way they should look like :P
Anyone see top gear on sunday there? they drove one behind a jet engine at full throttle :) :) :) :) tore it apart

Didnt they do that at Prestwick?

I used to love Top Gear but its now less about an honest appraisal of cars and their various merits and more about schoolboy pranks that get Clarkson, Hammond and May face time. Saying that, I think James May should have his own show; something scientific or historic.
Sui Generis
macca734
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Thu May 11, 2006 9:32 pm

macca734 wrote:

I used to love Top Gear but its now less about an honest appraisal of cars and their various merits and more about schoolboy pranks that get Clarkson, Hammond and May face time. Saying that, I think James May should have his own show; something scientific or historic.

Yep,done up at Prestwick, i like the new format , usually has me buckled in laughter for the whole hour
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Thu May 11, 2006 9:35 pm

MotoMad wrote:
macca734 wrote:

Yep,done up at Prestwick, i like the new format , usually has me buckled in laughter for the whole hour

Love that programme, last week's one was good with clarksons cigarette replacement therapy.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Thu May 11, 2006 9:37 pm

The Koenigsegg? oh dear god, "more comfortable than what?, Being Stabbed?" :P :P :P :P i came off the chair at that one 8) .
I'd give just about anything for one of them and a fuel card :wink:
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby macca734 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:03 pm

MotoMad wrote:
macca734 wrote:

You see their daft dog, called Top Gear. What is they changed the reasonably priced car to again?

My personal favourite was the one where they thought they had beat Clarkson. It was the one where James May was flying and he had to land because he only had a daytime VFR licence and Hammond absolutely fucking ripped him to shreds for it.
Last edited by macca734 on Thu May 11, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sui Generis
macca734
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Thu May 11, 2006 10:04 pm

Vladimir wrote:They never stop slagging off French cars (you ready for the backlash Crusty?) on Top Gear, bit of a cheek giving England doesnt really make any themselfs...

They have slagged off Rovers for being sh*t all the same... I think I recall them saying we should all buy Nissans or something as at least they are produced somewhere iclose to home.

I do love Top Gear tho, they do such wildy daft things that are a wonderful abuse of the licence fee! (can Nuns drive monster trucks?)
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Thu May 11, 2006 10:08 pm

"Top Gear Dog" :wink: :) :o :D hahaha
The Chevvy :D a.k.a. Daewoo canny mind the name though funny as fuck though Clarkson is a fucking legend in my book doesnt give two fucks.Love him getting torn to shreds over his GT which he has still to complete a return journey in
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Thu May 11, 2006 10:10 pm

Ally Doll wrote:
they do such wildy daft things that are a wonderful abuse of the licence fee! (can Nuns drive monster trucks in suspenders?)

I missed that one dammit! :P
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlanM » Fri May 12, 2006 11:51 am

747 vs 2CV can be viewed by clicking here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/broadband/mediawrapper/consoles/topgear/bb_rm_console.shtml?pack5-tg_stunt_mondeo_2cv_16x9

You'll need Real Player to watch it
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photo Sharing