Movement

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Movement

Postby Pgcc93 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:30 pm

Whether intentional or not, you can't escape motion blur in low light environments unless you have a tripod to hand. Sometime the effect works or gives the scene a sense of urgency as in the examples below :!: :?:

Pics are from the Kings theatre last week.

Took a wrong turn on the way to the Gents :wink: hence the blurred snapshot. Exit Stage Left :!:

The theme here is not photographic excellence more the opposite :D Blurred and out of focus pics most welcome.
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:46 pm

Hanging out of a Black cab's window going down Union Street

-Fossil-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Pgcc93 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:31 pm

These shots combine movement at night in black & white.
They were taken at the Secc when the carnival was in town.

Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:50 pm

Great carnival pics Gman!
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby Pgcc93 » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:10 pm

Nicely captured bus Crusty. Interesting location as well :D Is that an old school entrance. I've forgotten where though! is it near Ruchill :?:
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:36 pm

Pgcc93 wrote:Nicely captured bus Crusty. Interesting location as well :D Is that an old school entrance. I've forgotten where though! is it near Ruchill :?:

..or is it Possil :?:
Fossil
-
-

Postby duncan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:38 pm

duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby duncan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:39 pm

Pgcc93 wrote:Nicely captured bus Crusty. Interesting location as well :D Is that an old school entrance. I've forgotten where though! is it near Ruchill :?:

looks like the school near where the canal passes over the road, between Ruchill and Speir's Wharf.
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:44 pm

erm... all of the above! I can't give street names coz I dont know them but Duncans description sounds accurate. Whats the big empty brick building up there that looks like a miniature granary?

Anyone fancy a visit?

Crusty
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby duncan » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:37 pm

crusty, i've been round this a couple times but it seems pretty secure. first time i was there, signs up reading 'mushrooms for sale' or something like that. seemed a bit dodgy...
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DVF » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:23 pm

That is in Possil Road, Rockville or Rockvilla Primary school sat up above that wall, knocked down a few years ago. It was a georgous little building, gothic style I think, amazing details. It looked like a cartoon, the ornamentation on the brickwork was out of proportion to the size of the building, made it look cute, if you know what I mean.

The big building behind was the mushroom factory if the taxi drivers are correct (always take a taxi drivers' facts with a pich of salt, they invented chinese whispers you know). It's lain empty since I was a lad.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:08 pm

DVF wrote:That is in Possil Road, Rockville or Rockvilla Primary school sat up above that wall, knocked down a few years ago. It was a georgous little building, gothic style I think, amazing details. It looked like a cartoon, the ornamentation on the brickwork was out of proportion to the size of the building, made it look cute, if you know what I mean.

The big building behind was the mushroom factory if the taxi drivers are correct (always take a taxi drivers' facts with a pich of salt, they invented chinese whispers you know). It's lain empty since I was a lad.

The Modern Fossil wrote:

..or is it Possil :?:

thought so DVF. was there not a bakery in that location also?

-fossil-
Fossil
-
-

Postby DVF » Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:43 am

Yes, Gregg's or Pars' had a bakery just round to the left, I think that closed down a couple of years ago too. Theres also a scrapyard to the left of that.

While we're at it, I think I would be willing to put money on the blurry bus in the picture being a number 75 going to Milton, maybe. Then again, it's a double decker, so 48 to High Possil. Can Crusty confirm?
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:40 pm

'Fraid not DVF: not my neck of the woods... and the bus in the pic is sheer fluke :wink:

Crusty
crusty_bint
-
-

Return to Photography