Glasgow Photo Clubs

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Glasgow Photo Clubs

Postby echo seven » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:38 am

Glasgow metropolitan College is a good place for evening and saturday morning short courses. But some of the links posted here are also very usfull, also there aer tons of tutorials on youtube.

I'm in two camera clubs (for my sins), there is nothing wrong with just going along on the night when there is a talk or event that interests you, either as a visitor or to join. There might not be many urban explorers in the clubs but there are certinly lots of experienced photographers that will be only too happy to give advice on specific situations you might want to photograph.

Camera clubs can have a reputation for being a bit techie, but i find this isn't the case anymore. but as well as those guys there are also the guys who are intersted in great photography, you just need to get to know the guys on the same wavelengh.

Cheers
Echo Seven
echo seven
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Glasgow Photo Clubs

Postby youngmckellar » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm

I went to the Met's introduction to photography course at the end of last year and would recommend it. A great mix of topics and nothing too technical for a beginner. The course lead on from one another too so if you like it you can sign up to the next block.
youngmckellar
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Previous

Return to Photography