Help needed to recreate this photo

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Help needed to recreate this photo

Postby cheesylion » Mon May 21, 2007 7:23 pm

After being badgered by my agent, I'm finally getting my finger out and putting together a Commitments tribute act.

So, I need some help to recreate the famous Commitments publicity photo but in Glasgow not Dublin.

Incase you can't make it out from the photo, they are standing on a pile of rubble in front of a partially collapsed/demolished building, so obviously it has to be some kind of ruined or rundown site.

I would also appreciate someone to take the pics for me? I know there are some cracking photographers on here!! :D It shouldn't take long and it doesn't have to be as staged as the original as there will only be me and a female singer to be photographed (it's just a duo not a full band).

And finally (sheesh, he doesn't want much does he!!), has anyone got any good ideas with regard to the name of the duo? The best one has already been taken, The Con-mitments. It's got to convey the fact that it's a tribute but still be similar enough to the actual bands name.

Cheers in advance, cheesylion
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Help needed to recreate this photo

Postby Graham » Mon May 21, 2007 8:08 pm

cheesylion wrote:After being badgered by my agent, I'm finally getting my finger out and putting together a Commitments tribute act.

So, I need some help to recreate the famous Commitments publicity photo but in Glasgow not Dublin.

Incase you can't make it out from the photo, they are standing on a pile of rubble in front of a partially collapsed/demolished building, so obviously it has to be some kind of ruined or rundown site.

I would also appreciate someone to take the pics for me? I know there are some cracking photographers on here!! :D It shouldn't take long and it doesn't have to be as staged as the original as there will only be me and a female singer to be photographed (it's just a duo not a full band).

And finally (sheesh, he doesn't want much does he!!), has anyone got any good ideas with regard to the name of the duo? The best one has already been taken, The Con-mitments. It's got to convey the fact that it's a tribute but still be similar enough to the actual bands name.

Going to be a bit tricky to recreate that shot with just two of you, unless you both appear in the pic 5 times each :roll:

Plenty of places about that would fit the bill though. :D

As for a name and seeing as you're involved, how about the Committed? :twisted:
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Mon May 21, 2007 8:12 pm

I don't mean recreate the pic exactly, just the feel and idea of it.

You up for it then Graham?

BTW, are you saying that I should be commited? Shocking!! 8O
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Graham » Mon May 21, 2007 8:16 pm

cheesylion wrote:I don't mean recreate the pic exactly, just the feel and idea of it.

You up for it then Graham?

Let's see if you can get one of the decent photographers from on here to do it first :!:

BTW, are you saying that I should be commited? Shocking!! 8O

On the advice of my lawyer "no comment" :wink:
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Mon May 21, 2007 8:25 pm

Graham wrote:Let's see if you can get one of the decent photographers from on here to do it first :!:

Are you kidding? Your pics are fantastic!
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cumbo » Mon May 21, 2007 9:13 pm

Still a couple of couple of exposed Gable ends in Parkhead and lots of urchins with red hair. :D
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Mon May 21, 2007 9:17 pm

try Dalmarnock.
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby cybers » Tue May 22, 2007 3:29 am

Graham wrote:
cheesylion wrote:After being badgered by my agent, I'm finally getting my finger out and putting together a Commitments tribute act.

Going to be a bit tricky to recreate that shot with just two of you, unless you both appear in the pic 5 times each :roll:

Plenty of places about that would fit the bill though. :D

As for a name and seeing as you're involved, how about the Committed? :twisted:

Wont be hard if they are two big Fat un's (JOKE)

Love The idea of this tribute act thing would really like to see how it all pans out.
If you get it sorted be sure to announce a few dates.

Now for my feeble attempt at the naming process bearing in mind that it is 04.27 and the brain is getting ready for standby mode.

The Commandments

Biblical not as catchy but then i never seen Imelda Corke's arse coming down a ladder ;)
If cheese gets mouldy you throw it out...
Why buy it mouldy in the first place ?
cybers
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Tue May 22, 2007 8:52 am

Cheers Cybers, unfortunately it's only me who's a big fat 'un, my singing partner is slim! :D

I quite like the name though!

Any more suggestions ladies & gents?
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Graham » Tue May 22, 2007 10:11 am

cheesylion wrote:Cheers Cybers, unfortunately it's only me who's a big fat 'un, my singing partner is slim! :D

I quite like the name though!

Any more suggestions ladies & gents?

Click here and then just click one of the buttons ::):
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Tue May 22, 2007 11:05 am

Get over to Dublin and take shots in The Hairy Lemon, Lower Stephen's Street, the pub where The Commitments was filmed in.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Tue May 22, 2007 5:51 pm

cybers wrote:For my attempt at the naming process

The Commandments

Bugger, after mulling it over all day I had decided I quite liked that as a name. Stuck it in Google only to discover there is already a tribute wi' that name!! :evil:

Anyone else?
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Tue May 22, 2007 6:07 pm

cheesylion wrote:Cheers Cybers, unfortunately it's only me who's a big fat 'un, my singing partner is slim! :D

Tell your singing partner to rattle some kebab pizzas and cream doughnuts then call yourselves The Heavy Commitments.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Graham » Tue May 22, 2007 8:27 pm

I Think I might have found you a backdrop for a pic - I'll PM you in a wee while once I get the image sorted. :wink:
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Tue May 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Nice one G-man, looking forward to it.
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Photography