Photography Petition

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Photography Petition

Postby BigDave » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:55 pm

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Photography/

"There are a number of moves promoting the requirement of 'ID' cards to allow photographers to operate in a public place.

It is a fundamental right of a UK citizen to use a camera in a public place, indeed there is no right to privacy when in a public place.

These moves have developed from paranoia and only promote suspicion towards genuine people following their hobby or profession."
BigDave
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:02 pm

I like photographing, but people filming me like this is a bit freaky... What do the police do with such footage?

Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:43 pm

what was the protest?
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Apollo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:54 pm

Having had a quick search for this 'Proposal', nothing was forthcoming.

Is this someone just making mischief and stirring things up?

They don't identify the paper with the proposal, or give a link to any articles.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BigDave » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:00 pm

Apollo wrote:Having had a quick search for this 'Proposal', nothing was forthcoming.

They don't identify the paper with the proposal, or give a link to any articles.

I done the same and couldn't find anything! I lifted it from a photography forum I use!

It's exactly the kind of thing I could see the government doing tho!
BigDave
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby brickwall » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:04 pm

Can't find anything either.
brickwall
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Socceroo » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:07 pm

After clicking on the above link i was having a look through the Prime Ministers Petition site. This one is a belter.

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Reverse The Decision That Members of the Parachute Regiment will not receive parachute training."

I did not know that.

::):
Socceroo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:10 pm

cheesemonster wrote:what was the protest?

Tony Blair speaking at the Labour Youth conference today. Wasn't a huge protest, but I was a bit concerned at the number of police they thought they needed. :(
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BigDave » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:23 pm

Ally Doll wrote:I like photographing, but people filming me like this is a bit freaky... What do the police do with such footage?

The same thing happens regularly at football matches. Quite often police will film the crowd with a handheld camcorder, one game at Easter Road we got stopped by the police and made to stand against a wall and were all filmed! Apparently it's legal, seems strange tho!
BigDave
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:47 pm

Trubbil is, noo that we've aw signed the pitishin', we cannae complain! :cry:
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:00 am

Ally Doll wrote:What do the police do with such footage?

They run it through a facial recognition program which looks for 'familiar' faces in crowds etc.
It's been used by special branch for years at public visits by the PM or HRH also used at events where large crowds gather IE: protest marches and at football games looking out for trouble makers either known or potential.
Previously carried out by the Mk1 eyeball where officers scanned hours of film footage in a darkened smoke filled room. It's now done by computer technology which has taken over from this laborious and time consuming task.

sleep tight ::):
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MotoMad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:02 am

BigDave wrote:
The same thing happens regularly at football matches. Quite often police will film the crowd with a handheld camcorder, one game at Easter Road we got stopped by the police and made to stand against a wall and were all filmed! Apparently it's legal, seems strange tho!

Take your phone out and record them back 8) they dont like that and usually send you on your way.
crusty_bint wrote: i.e. they're not a bawhair away from Dickensian!
MotoMad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby potatojunkie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:52 pm

Until someone actually manages to dig up some proposed legislation, I'm calling this a shite attempt by the petition starter to drive traffic to their website.
I will shoot you: http://www.stuartcrawfordphoto.com/
potatojunkie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:52 pm

BigDave wrote:
Apollo wrote:Having had a quick search for this 'Proposal', nothing was forthcoming.

I done the same and couldn't find anything! I lifted it from a photography forum I use!

It's exactly the kind of thing I could see the government doing tho!

hey, i read this on the internet and replied. Am i more gullible than you?

Mr Emory Barr
Abbey National PLC
Bromley Rd Branch
London
BW1 3AN

Dear Friend,

I am Mr.Emory Barr, Accounts Manager, of Abbey National PLC
Bromley Rd Branch. I have an important business proposition for you.

On December 12th, 2001, a German contractor with the British Pertroleum co-orporation, United Kingdom ,Mr. Olaf Partetzke made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$ 17,350,000.00 (Seventeen Million Three Hundred Hundred and fifty Thousand Dollars only) in my branch.
Upon maturity,I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the British Pertroleum co-orporation that Mr.Olaf Partetzke died from an Automobile accident further investigation,
I found out that he died without making a WILL,and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.

I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Olaf Partetzke did not declare any kin or relations in
all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. This sum of US$ 17,350,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it. According to inheritance Laws of the United Kingdom, at the expiration of 5 (five) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Local Government Authorities here in Wales, United Kingdom, if nobody applies to claim the fund.

Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you to stand in as the next of kin to Mr. Olaf Partetzke
so that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials.This is simple, I will like you to provide immediately your full names and address so that the attorney will prepare the necessary documents and affidavits that will put you in place as the next of kin. We shall employ the services of an attorney for drafting and notarization of the WILL and to obtain the necessary documents and letter of probate/administration in your favor for the transfer. The money will be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me and 35% for you and 5% for Expenses Incurred in the course of the transaction .

There is no risk at all as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done by the attorney and with my position as the Manager with my bank will guarantees the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please reply immediately to my private email
box : [email protected]

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand the transaction. You should observe utmost confidentiality, and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country.

Awaiting your urgent reply.

Thanks and regards.

Emory Barr
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby brickwall » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:36 am

The guy should not spell words the American way :wink:
eh?
brickwall
Second Stripe
Second Stripe