Wasteground Locations

Discuss everything about photography such as technique, post-processing, printing, etc

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Wasteground Locations

Postby krakow » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:05 am

I'm doing a shoot this evening and am trying to think of some good accessible wastegrounds to use, preferably close to the city centre (though we do have cars).

I'm shooting a large-ish group of folks (probably about 10 or so people) and that post-industrial urban apocalypse vibe would be good (maybe it's yawn-some but there you go, let's be kind and say 'tried & tested').

I was wondering about the bits along Duke Street between High Street and Dennistoun, but I'm not sure if it's easy to get access there, especially with a bigger group.

Suggestions?

Thanks very much.
Crimson Glow Photography: http://www.crimsonglow.co.uk/
krakow
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Wasteground Locations

Postby scaryman2u » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:53 pm

krakow wrote:
I was wondering about the bits along Duke Street between High Street and Dennistoun, but I'm not sure if it's easy to get access there, especially with a bigger group.

Suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Assuming you are referring to the old Meat Market site then access is pretty easy, but going there with a large group will only attract attention to you as there are houses in close vicinity in Graham Square.
Why not try the Graving Docks in Govan, with a fairly large group you can be guaranteed safety in numbers.
scaryman2u
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Wasteground Locations

Postby DickyHart » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:27 pm

yeah the graving docks would be perfect for what you looking for.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Photography