Glasgow snow spots?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Glasgow snow spots?

Postby Geomonkey » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:32 pm

hi there

i just wondered if anyone would know some good spots to take pics of Glasgow in all it's snowy glory.

can anyone help please?

thanks

Geo
Geomonkey
Just settling in
Just settling in

Re: Glasgow snow spots?

Postby Geomonkey » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:46 pm

so 8 people have looked at this post and decided it was too boring a topic. PLEASE can someone suggest a cool place to take snowy photos in this great city?

I'm bored and want to get some good shots. even if it is nearly five and freaky freezin'
Geomonkey
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby cumbo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:54 pm

I have walked for nearly 7 hours today in Glasgow in sunny but sub zero temp I took 12 pictures.
If you want to find nice pictures of Glasgow you need to switch yer PC off and go outside and
have a wee look yourself darling.
cumbo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Geomonkey » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:21 pm

so did you find any nice spots then?
if you spent 7 hours and only got 12 (although I'm sure good) pictures then where did you take them?

p.s switching off the computer would mean having to stop work. i was simply looking for some advice....darling.

can anyone help or is this Hidden FROM EACH OTHER Glasgow?
Geomonkey
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby munroman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:24 pm

Geomonkey wrote:so did you find any nice spots then?
if you spent 7 hours and only got 12 (although I'm sure good) pictures then where did you take them?

p.s switching off the computer would mean having to stop work. i was simply looking for some advice....darling.

can anyone help or is this Hidden FROM EACH OTHER Glasgow?

Hi, if after your first post, you waited 14 minutes before berating forum members for a lack of response to your request, you might care to think that your response was a bit OTT.
Forums rely on members helping and being helped, to be honest your initial contribution doesn't seem to highlight you as someone who would help others, so perhaps its Karma for you.
munroman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby dave2 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Depends what you want - botanics and glasgow green are good for lots of white type pics.
Somewhere high up with a telephoto lense if you want to see city centre,
A helicpopter for overhead shots.
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bernie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:45 pm

Try Springburn i hear it looks better than ever.
Bernie
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Doorstop » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:01 pm

If our illustrious and somewhat belligerent new member took the time to go through the photography section (not even the full section mind, just the December and January Glasgow City sections - y'know .. when the snow actually fell) he might find what he's looking for in there. In fact I'm sure they would.

This place is a mine of useful information and wonderful insights into our fair city .. instead of shouting the odds at being (very moderately) castigated, just use a bit of the old noodle matter and that way you'll at least have an excuse for making a request from the knowledgable and the city wise on this here place rather than breenging in and rubbing folks up the wrong way.

People here, more often than not, are more than willing to point new members in the right direction v.v. information or image requests but there's a right way and a wrong way to go about these things.

Stop.

Have a think about what you want.

Take a quick look in the relevant sections first. If nothing's doing, do a search - a quick search first, then a deeper search should the initial search give you a plethora of choices (as it often does in this gold mine of all things Glaswegian.)

Still nothing doing? Now's the time to ask your question. Just be nice and no-one will bite you for it.

Just be thankful our Dex is offline - you would have lost fingers getting shirty without searching first around our resident rottweiler. :wink:
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm

According to Flyman, you get great chicken pakora from that place he mentioned in Laverockhall St.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 pm

What Doorstop said.

What is 'good', anyway? There's a gap in the trees in Bellahouston Park where you can sledge from the footpath down to the park below. But there's also a ridge two thirds of the way down, such that virtually everyone comes flying off when they hit it. It's brilliant. But good? Up to yourself. Loads of folk think The Beatles are good. I think they're pretty ordinary at best, personally. And there you have it.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Glesga_Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 pm

Josef wrote:Loads of folk think The Beatles are good. I think they're pretty ordinary at best, personally.

Sacrilege!

Someone hang that man from a lamp post!!!
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Old fogey. You're herewith sentenced to 18 hours of 'The Frog Chorus', 'Mull of Kintyre', 'War is over (if you want it)', 'My Sweet Lord' and other such things. Take him away.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Glesga_Steve » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:40 pm

Josef wrote:Old fogey. You're herewith sentenced to 18 hours of 'The Frog Chorus', 'Mull of Kintyre', 'War is over (if you want it)', 'My Sweet Lord' and other such things. Take him away.

Erm, none of those songs were by the Beatles.

Paul McCartney, John Lennon & The Wee Japanese Oddity and George Harrison sure, so each of them were by or involved a Beatle - but NOT by The Beatles.

And I have to admit a slight liking for Mull of Kintyre :oops:
Glesga_Steve
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 pm

Och, I know that stuff. But yer average Beatles fan is such a fan that it's dead easy to wind them up. :D

I think we may be on the wrong thread here, though. :wink:
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 pm

That's no way to treat a newby.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Glasgow Chat (Coffee Lounge)